Reviews for Last Chance
bartlettpear chapter 6 . 6/7/2017
This chapter makes me sad, at least Tom talks to Ollivander, but the antagonism to Dumbledore :-(
bartlettpear chapter 5 . 6/7/2017
I am extremely curious about Tom's POV for everything he has been going through. I like your version of Dumbledore and Slughorn's dynamics.
bartlettpear chapter 2 . 6/6/2017
I like your real life version of events over the exaggerated black and white of canon, enjoying your characterizations so far :-)
bartlettpear chapter 1 . 6/6/2017
This is promising, I was looking for a Dumbledore redemption story where he actually tries to do right by Tom. The part where the patron left Tom alone with a strange old if seemingly rich man though D:
badgerlady chapter 27 . 5/11/2017
I lost track of this story at chapter 23. I was delighted to find these last few, and hope you'll eventually go with it. You do an excellent job of exploring complexities of character while maintaining a gripping and original plot.
SaiyaCat chapter 4 . 5/10/2017
Wow
Nebresh chapter 27 . 4/26/2017
I like it a lot
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 17 . 4/12/2017
Grindelwald would use his people on the battlefield to assist the Axis! Wizarding pilots in the Luftwaffe would be able to see and bomb wizarding targets that Muggle pilots would only hit by accident. If a wizarding pilot was shot down he could escape on a broom to fight another day! Nasty piece of work this Grindelwald. When the F├╝her is no longer useful Grindelwald will dispose of him.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 15 . 4/11/2017
Very good chapter. I am writing my own Grindelwald story in which Grindelwald's agents began to train Tom at Wool's Orphanage before Hogwarts. I added a little to the story to account for Grindelwald's little escape in New York City as told in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I hope Tom turns out good in this story.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 3 . 4/11/2017
I would imagine young Dumbledore to have been out of control when his father was arrested in the matter of Ariana and the six Muggle boys.
B00kFan chapter 27 . 4/5/2017
Hi. This is looking like a really great story, and I can't wait to see how it continues. There was however, a few things I noticed I thought you could fix. First of all, you said Albus's former best friend was a Slytherin, and I'm assuming you meant Grindelwald. However, he was expelled from Durmstrang, and never attended Hogwarts. Also, you said Minerva had already graduated, when I believe in canon she was in seventh year while Tom was in fifth, though I could be wrong about that. And finally, Hagrid was a third year in Tom's fifth, but the way you have it now it he'd be in second. Tom is in fourth year right now, correct? If I messed up, then feel free to ignore this. Thank you, and please continue this story. I'm excited about how it turns out, and really like the direction this is going. It's encouraging to see a believable, "Tom is good" story.
Pathseekerme chapter 27 . 4/1/2017
This is a really excellent piece of work! I love how your people seem so real and interact with each other so well! I also was excited to see your vivid descriptions tie e everything together and make the story seem more like a wonderfully vivid movie in my mind's eye as I was reading the story. Terrific job of writing! I would love to see this completed!
cimmer chapter 27 . 3/31/2017
That was wonderful. It's so nice to see a Dumbledore who seems to have had the wizarding world equivalent of a teachers education and som possible child psychology courses from St. Mungo's? I like seeing Moody as Tom's friend and Pomona and Minerva and Flitwick as youngsters and the second world war etc. I liked the take on Horace and Kettleburn and the glimpse of Hagrid. I liked learning more about Abe and Ollivander and the Leaky Cauldron's history. It was all quite wonderful. Thank you.
evanna chapter 27 . 3/7/2017
Whohoo! This story rocks! Though I wish I could have more awkwardly sweet Dumbledore-Tom interactions. Awwww.

One thing starts to irk me a little bit: Your Dumbledore at the beginning seemed to be a bit more well-rounded to me than what you let him show us recently. It's as if the relationship between him and Tom has become restricted to "Ooops, I've painted you too dark, sorry, son." But you've already shown that there is much more to them, and Dumbledore in general never struck me as weak, neither in his judgements towards himself nor in his control over his own temper.

I loved reading this story, and I've developed a soft spot for young Pomona.
Thanks for writing, I'm looking forward to the next update!
Cztelnik chapter 27 . 12/21/2016
Lol, didn't see that coming but glad they were able to resolve it. Tom meets the basilisk and discovers he's the Heir to Slytherin.
1,460 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »