Reviews for Orange Manifestation
Carottal chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
I loved it!

I'm not as much a MatsuMatt lover as a Matt and Matsuda interacting together and missed chances one!

I absolutely loved how you wrote Matt's cynism, and Matsuda's bubbly character! I loved how you showed their drunk state!
And the end... oh my god the end... So right! So great! So ... I can't seem to find the right word but it was nearly perfect (fortunately nothing is perfect, life would be boring if it were)

I love those stories of missed opportunities, chance encounters... There's only one thing I'd have loved to see, it would have been Matsuda's reaction to Matt's death. Not necessarily him recognising is last night lover but just see his thoughts, if this boy looks familiar...

What's so unfair with Matt's death is that the only moment he really exists in the plot is the moment he dies, most of all in the anime. We know nothing about him, his past, his motivation, his goal... one of the most mysterious characters!

And Matsuda has this thing about him... I can't help but think he's one of the most complex characters of the manga. We see him a lot but surrounded by so many extraordinary persons, his normalcy makes him look like an idiot. And we don't look beyond that. But he's the one representing a normal, nice guy. He's the one doubting. And then, he shots Light. And we see there may be something we missed about him... but we know nothing about him but his doubts and joy.

2 differents characters, one dies the other survives, one appears scarcely the other seems too present sometimes, but the same lack of information, the same unfair fate, the same lack of serious (intended or not!)
Those are definitely interesting characters and to have them meet is always great!

Thanks for this beautiful OS!
Lacrimosus chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
I. Love. It. Well, I mostly like anything Matsuda related so...
Misha2011 chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
Hiya!

This is the first Matt/Matsuda fanfic I've read.

I think I like this pairing-
orochimarusbadgirl chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
I think...maybe, you've converted me. I like this fic, and I would love to see more. This pairing was just so...crackish? i like it. XD
0000093382 chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Haha, wasn't that interesting! I will proudly join ur Matt/Matsu group! Btw, WithABunny, my friend found that exact same pic of Matt without the goggles! Yeah, we now think that Matt is Light and Matsu's bastard offspring! Haha, anyway, this was a pretty funny fic!
Lixa123 chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
MOAR IS NEEDED

SERIOUSLTY

I CAN'T EVEND BE BOTEHRED TO TYPE CORRECTLY

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

REALLY

I THOUGHT ME AND A FRIEND HAD CREATED MATTSUDA.

I THOUGHT ME, THAT FRIEND, AND A FEW OTHERS WERE THE ONLY FANS IN THE WORLD

BUT THEN I FOUND A FEW MORE

AND I FOUND YOU

IT'S A LONELY LITTLE CORNER OF FAMNDOM, BUT WHO NEEDS A BIG BUNCH OF PEOPLE SCREWING YOUR PAIRING UP WITH OOC AND CRAPPY WRITING? NO-ONE.

THEY CAN HAVE THEIR MAINSTREAM, WE'LL HAVE MATTSUDA :D
Vera-Sama chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
I've never read a Matt/Matsuda fic before, bu I think I'll join your small corner of MatsuMatt shippers.

Now I just wish my friend and I could convert a few more Mello/Matsuda shippers. XD
Kanki Youji chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Nice going Matt...

As for Matsu? He actually got quite a good catch, even for a one-night stand!

Not sure what I think of this pairing yet. The relationship'd never last... I think I'm fonder of MatsuL (which is just such good crack!) but... dunno. I'll consider adding it to my list, though my top two Matt pairings are still M2 and Masa
AlexRedgrave chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
And there I was complaining the pairings in the death note fandom are always the same, how boring it was... and I found out this amazing thing!

And you deserve the title of genius for writing Matsu/Matt.

WithABunny chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
Lol, the pairing reminds me of when I saw an anime picture of Matt without the goggles. He looked like a hybrid between Light and Matsuda! xD

Now, on to the review.

Whoa. I haven't really considered this pairing before. I'm not even sure if it had ever crossed my mind! Now that I've read this, though, I find myself more drawn toward it.

I like that Matt didn't actually trust Mello's reassurances. I mean, Matt's a genius - surely he had entertained the thought of dying, despite whatever Mello told him about the mission.

And, of course, one must never forget Matsuda. Oh, Matsuda...lol!

What did I expect? If he was goofy when he was sober, he must've been loopy when he was drunk - his portrayal here makes me laugh.

Speaking of Matsuda, there's a line after the sentence involving him trying to escape from the apartment to go to work that draws my curiosity:

"There was only so much he could hide from those deep piercing eyes..."

While it sounds like L, the man is obviously dead at this point (Episode 25 - *sobs*). So, er, is this talking about the Task Force members, or someone else? The mystery...

From the characterization to the pace to all the descriptions, I must say...

...kudos. Seriously. To you, and of course to all of those who helped you out, because this fic owns.
Hikari Daeron chapter 1 . 8/8/2008