Reviews for It's Better Not to Be
I love this fic!
Makkenzi chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
i love this story
M. S. Arora chapter 2 . 9/3/2009
There is no way I can believe this is your first Sparrabeth piece. It’s absolutely brilliant! The careful choice of vocabulary, the poetic devices and the writing style itself made the description very impressive: ‘She had wrapped her icy evil fingers around his heart and destroyed his every bit of hope, his hope in trusting her…’ - Splendid work!

It was impressive how you managed to swap between Jack and Elizabeth’s feelings smoothly. The whole passage seemed to flow so well.

The whispered confessions at the end were really sweet though for some reason, I don't think Jack would have given in as easily despite Lizzie revealing her true feelings. The description of the stars in the closing paragraphs was nicely done - especially the justification of the 'boastful little buggers'.

Do keep writing!

MsAurora
Ellasphere chapter 2 . 12/31/2008
I loved this and the story from which you were inspired
missy evil chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
OMG i loved it please write more its PERFECT!
J.C. le Mysterieuse chapter 2 . 12/17/2008
This was a great short story. You did well with the different pairing. A nice change from your others. Keep up the great work!
Willofthewisp chapter 2 . 12/16/2008
"“Aye?” he replied softly, pondering on how she never ceased to amaze him with her amazing voice. Every time she spoke, he could feel jolts of warmth spread throughout his body; it was such an overwhelming feeling that he craved for more. He leaned forward, desperate to hear her voice once more. He realized it then that her voice enraptured him, but it wasn’t just her voice, it was her being her entirely, she being Lizzie, the amazing woman that held his heart in her delicate yet powerful hands. He couldn’t resist her anymore, not one bit. There was nothing as powerful as her to rid her from his mind, not even his once most precious rum."

Your writing style is so lush and so romantic. Every word contains a drop of angst, a drop of passion, a drop of new love. I wish I could quote the whole thing. It's sweet without being smarmy, and I've always wanted to see Jack and Liz dance. Very well done!
Willofthewisp chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
I'm already hooked by your first few sentences! This will be good. Very minor detail, but I like how you describe Elizabeth's lips as icy.

"Persuade him to his death...persuade him to hate her." I never thought that the legendary "Persuade Me" could have multiple meanings, but that exchange is as complex as their whole relationship, so that was very original. Also, it's natural for Elizabeth to play back her time with Jack when her guilt beats her down, and you capture what it's like to be haunted by one decision, one moment in time you wish you couuld go back and change. I can feel her heartbreak.

"“Wanted to what?” He leaned forward, his enticing breath caressing her quivering lips. He licked his lips subconsciously, remembering her soft lips pressed against his, those same tasty lips that brought him to his death. He just wanted one more taste of her intoxicating flavor." HOT! It captures something that not a lot of authors get, and that is that Jack is reluctant when it comes to his feelings. He loves her and hates her and hates that he loves her. Right now he sees it as a threat to his freedom and fears she's ruined him for other women in terms of his pleasure in them and his trust in them. She's done a number on him and you just nailed it.
Florencia7 chapter 2 . 12/16/2008
That was BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy that you wrote this! Such a wonderful, romantic, enthralling scene... I loved it! :)
Psychotic-Savvy chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
It has..so much.. feeling in it. It's a great one.
phantomofthecaribbean chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Hey you! I finally got around to reviewing this oneshot!

Oh my gosh! That was so incredibly sad! You wrote it so beautifully that I could feel the raw emotion. The pain and suffering were real, the irritation and then the intent to kill...wow. I can't even really describe it. Beautifully tragic would have to be the best way I can put it.

You have left a small opening for this oneshot to turn into a chapter story. But, its your decision, and even you don't continue, absolutely fine. This oneshot was amazing!
Velvet-Skye chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
Beautiful story! I absolutely loved it, I'm usually not a huge Elizabeth/Jack fan, but that was FANTASTIC!

very sad, but amazing, absolutely amazing!

This is definitely going onto my favourites! :P

-Ana
kitsunegal-chan chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
LOVE THIS! I love realistic fics and this is how he should have reacted, not all lovey dovey but pissed! Yay you! I give you...chocolate!
JustAnotherAuthorDurping chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Very enjoyable fic. I liked the emotions being played out here, and the dialogue was nice. Jack seemed a bit cold, but hey, I've never been killed before. xD

Liz
WittyMitty chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
oh god that was a powerful chapter

it made me cry to no end.

you might be a beginner at this liz/jack thing. but that doesn't mean your not good. cause hell shoot me if i say that was horrible.

great job and i hope there will be another chapter to this

...pirate