Reviews for I'd Drive All Night Just to Get Back Home
deadbod1222 chapter 19 . 8/14/2016
This was amazing. But I only have one question. What do you mean by " no one kindled the lamps"?
ThysaNoir chapter 15 . 1/5/2016
hey, hi. good story you had here :)

but, i just, cant. with Sam here. well, almost in the entire story, but here, i finally had to review. because god almighty, Sam know better than this. he had to. i said, he didnt know his brother better in here (idk, maybe that's been your intention, with all the separation for 2/4years and that they just learn being brothers again, or maybe sam just forget how is it his brother really, because sam maybe blinded by the excitement that he has his brother out of the hunting life, or maybe sam's just taken aback by the fact that his brother now an invalid) because, he should know dean better than this. dean didnt suit apple-pie, white-fence life for godsake. he never had, never will be. (note how dull and bland his life with lisa is. eventhou s6 is way after this, still.) my personal take is, Dean is a hunter first than a human. since he's 4yo, he's not a kid, he's not anything else, he's just a warrior, a protector, because he always afraid his little family will be snatched away like his mom was. so, this invalid issue, had to sooooo frustating for him beyond reasons. cant move, cant do jack squat. i even surprised he's not having a breakdown already; trashing some furniture, break some mirror, beating up people or himself, his legs, for venting up some of those anger and frustration. yes, the smoking and vicodin is a really good thing you get going author :) and i think you more angled toward 'tiredness/resignation' than 'anger/frustration' which is also cool. i'll continue to read now.
ackeberlynn chapter 19 . 1/4/2016
I really liked this unique story. Your writing style is fresh and real and raw. I loved the charcter interactions and Dean's perspective. I found Dean's personality to be out of character, a little more snarky and carefree/careless in speech and action (the smoking and the drugs) than he is in the show. But you were consistent throughout and it certainly fits for this AU tale. I could picture everything clearly, even if it's a little off from the Dean I know. Skilled with the pen, you are.
Kalkinsam chapter 19 . 12/1/2015
I am in awe of your writing if this is your first fic! Also, as a former smoker, you got all those little things about smoking spot-on. And the chronic pain thing, too. You must be a smoker with chronic pain or be very, very close to someone who is. And somehow you managed to keep them in character, even with these things. This is just wonderful!
reader50 chapter 19 . 11/23/2015
I enjoyed your story. Thank you for sharing.
reader50 chapter 5 . 11/22/2015
I just have to say, Jess finds out that Dean has trouble walking and is probably in a lot of pain and her solution is to have Dean get on a plane by himself to travel to California? I don't know about her, but my thoughts on how to react to the same situation was for her to at least make the suggestion of going with Sam. The way you wrote it made Jess seem bitchy with no compassion, at least in my eyes. I'm finding the story very interesting and am enjoying reading it. Kudos to you.
sfstewart chapter 19 . 11/5/2015
I really enjoyed this!
Yhello chapter 19 . 7/21/2015
Thanks for a great read. You have their voices so perfectly it's just like a slightly different cut of season one.
hunenka chapter 19 . 10/28/2014
Oh wow. Oh wow. Holy effing WOW.

This was one of the best fanfics I've ever read. From start to finish. Every damn paragraph, every damn sentence. The plot, the character voices of Dean, Sam and Bobby, the original characters, Jess... Everything. Thank you so much for sharing this gem with us.

*runs off to read the rest of the verse*
Marz1 chapter 14 . 5/23/2014
Good chapter, can't remember if i reviewed before, but this story has great characterization. Just FYI, its illegal to own a sword cane in California. Ferrets are also illegal.
janny.verveer chapter 2 . 3/11/2014
I really like the start of this! I always felt that dean had the demeanor of a swearer lol can't wait to read the rest!
pipinheart chapter 19 . 2/13/2014
Loved this... Jess was a great character, loved how you wrote her...
Tanhay chapter 19 . 11/24/2013
This has a very istortya apologize for my English. You wrote a wonderful fanfic. Thank you. Please update.
MissouriMoseley chapter 19 . 10/26/2013
So much appreciation for this story. It made me laugh at loud in so many places and was just very real. Keep writing!
greenwise chapter 19 . 9/23/2013
First fic, seriously?! I am continually amazed at the talent found here. Good job.
179 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »