Reviews for I'd Drive All Night Just to Get Back Home
thecouchcarrot chapter 15 . 6/14/2010
I just stumbled upon your story here, and I haven't finished it yet, but I just had to review and say - My God. You bring out and analyze character traits in the Winchesters a year before they get explicitly discussed on the show, traits that I didn't notice until they were spelled out right in front of me. Like Sam's anger, for instance. In the fifth season, during "Sam Interrupted," Sam said to Dean, "I'm angry, Dean! All. The time." And talks about how he's always been angry at Dad, the demon, it's always something, etc. At the time, my reaction was "What? That's so not - Oh. Wait a second... I guess it is true." YOU picked it up without any prompting and wove it seamlessly into your story. You, my friend, are a gifted writer and an excellent observer of character. A thousand kudos.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 19 . 5/30/2010
Oh, that was an great story *-*

As I said before, I can't imagine Dean smoking... At least not that much! xDD But he is allowed and such a painfull situation, I guess.

He was kinda like House in that fanfic lol You know, addicted to Vicodin, with a cane, complaining all the time eheheh But you managed to make him look like Dean too

I felt sorry for Jess, but I think that had to happen, right?

Well, see ya next o/

Kisses

Rosetta
Marz1 chapter 12 . 2/6/2010
way to add tension!
Marz1 chapter 10 . 2/6/2010
so how is he going to convince sam to go on the next hunt? On to the next chapter.
Marz1 chapter 6 . 2/6/2010
so far a very good story. so the demon didn't come around?
Marlowe97 chapter 19 . 7/23/2009
Wow.

I usually don't really go for the AUs - not so much anyway. But this one? Great. Just great. Damn, I wish I could write like that. Seriously.

It all fits. I cannot really say how, but it fits. Though I have to say, I would miss Deans swagger too, so I'm glad that for the show he has two good legs.

A great, great fic and I'll put you on my bookmarks, so I can come visit your Universe again. Thanks for the great read

Marlowe
Vampy chapter 19 . 7/16/2009
Wow... those last few chapters... actually that last piece of chapter was intense! *waves some cool air into her face* loved it! Too bad "she" didn't last too long, I was kinda enjoying the interaction with Dean. Anyways. Great story. Great ending, still kinda leaves ya hanging for more... Maybe you could write a few short ones and make some sort of "limp Dean" universe? I dunno.. Keep writing anyhow! ;) V.
ion bond chapter 19 . 7/9/2009
Yay! You're the bomb.

That conversation between John and Dean was just right. John's a dick, but he's not a bad dad. Well, he kind of is, actually. But I can see why Dean forgives him.
ion bond chapter 16 . 7/9/2009
I just wanted to stop my frantic reading of this story to tell you how much I'm enjoying it. I like how Dean's realistic grasp of the situation is tempered by some of his usual buoyant badassery. I like the life Sam has built for himself and his stubborn wish that his brother would fit himself in. I'm waiting for the bad shit to go down and I'm sorry that it will, but in a way it's the best thing that could happen for Dean. (Makes me realize that even in canon, where Dean doesn't physically need Sam, Jess's death was a stroke of luck in a sick way. Hmm.) Anyway, I'm glad there's so much more!
Mokibobolink chapter 19 . 6/23/2009
Holy cow. Hear I have read this whole thing and am blown away by how good it is and I get to the final A/N and see that it was your first fic. Wow...just, wow.

Great job.

Mokibobolink chapter 16 . 6/23/2009
I was going to wait to review again when I got to the end but I have too much to say. I am so in love with this story.

I love how it keeps changing, first it was Dean and Bobby, then Sam, Dean and Bobby, then Sam and Dean on the road and now Sam, Dean and Jess and each time it changes I don't mind, in fact I love it more. I have no idea where this is going to end but so far it has been amazing and I'm sure it will continue to be amazing.

Also, this part?

"His anger is returning, and he realizes, in a flash of clarity, that anger feels a lot fucking better than despair.

He learns something new about his father every day."

...okay that killed me, absolutely killed me. *wipes up some tears and goes back to reading*

amyblair chapter 19 . 6/23/2009
This is really great stuff. I thought your conversation between John and Dean over the phone was so pitch-perfect. The tension, the "Jesus Dean." Jesus, Dad." All was just great.

I physically hurt for Dean trying everything to stay on his feet, just steady. I felt so sad for Sam. I kind of wished he had more of a release here. I know he was able to cry and throw up, but I was hoping for more of a scream or something. Maybe he did on his walk.

I thought you painted the brothers so well throughout the whole story. From their own stress archs to the fact that they were both grateful - and glad - that the other was there. Just a hand. Just a "Sam." Just there.

I look forward to reading more. Truly a lovely job. Congrats on such a fantastic story.
amyblair chapter 7 . 6/23/2009
Well, I've been told by a couple of people to check you out and so...

I've started with your first fic and it's pretty damn awesome so far. For an AU fic, it is still very on spot with the show. Dad is still missing, Journal is left behind, Sam is still with Jess and I feel very comfortable with the characters as you are seeing them.

I am wondering what is going to happen when (if) we get to Stanford. Will Jess still be alive? Will Dean get to spend some time with her before she dies? I still think she has to die, so I'm thinking you'll still kill her. Maybe we'll get to see more of her. I'm intrigued.

I love how hurt/injured Dean is. When he and Sam first see each other, you can feel the pain between both of them. The need both of them need from one another, yet the silence they play as so not to be noticed. Great hidden pain you are writing. Nicely, nicely done.

So I'll be reading the rest tonight and I'm sure you will answer some of my questions - oh, What's up with the Spanish? Are you a fan of Felisberto Hernandez? I played the piano for YEARS and he was a great pianist. I know that he also wrote short stories and I remember reading 'Nadie...lamparas' (the English version) a long time ago.

Looking forward to more...
Mokibobolink chapter 2 . 6/22/2009
Just came across this story and only up to chapter 2 so far but just wanted to say how great it is. I love the way you write Dean and your dalogue is freaking spot-on.

Also huge bonus points for the Lambchop reference! And here I thought I was the last person in the world to remember that weird puppet. LOL.

Can't wait to read the rest...

Aurilia chapter 14 . 6/5/2009
This is a fantastic AU (and I love AUs - they're my favorite flavor of fanfiction). You seem to have the characterizations well in hand thus far (and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that Dean should be a smoker, even if I tend not to write him as such!).

I do have a question, though...

Why do you have the Spanish for 'no one lit the lamps' at the beginning of the chapters?
164 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »