Reviews for My Wife The First
Dragonjek chapter 2 . 4/15
Somewhat more straightforwards than I was expecting, but still nicely sneaky. Although I do wonder how they intend to bring in the authority of YUI, of all people.

Western-style weddings aren't particularly unusual in Japan, so that choice makes a lot of sense. Because they have a varied history of religions, and several active religions still, there's a tendency to pick and choose parts of different faiths to follow. In particular, there's the following phrase that sums it up best: "Born Shinto, Married Christian, Buried Buddhist". Just like the Japanese have a fondness of Christian symbolism (generally applied as out-of-context as Americans apply the taijitu symbol of yin and yang), they have a fondness for weddings in the Western style.

Although considering that they're fighting Angels, I'm a bit surprised that they're able to find a Christian minister in Tokyo-3.
Dragonjek chapter 1 . 4/15
So, I'm guessing...

Two actors (possibly a decanted Rei clone?) and the unknowing NERV crew were the wedding-goers, and Shinji and Rei were... drugged in their sleep, perhaps? Then brought to the love hotel, which was then strewn with beer, condoms used by someone else (or filled with fake semen), and small amounts of alcohol poured into their mouths to give authenticity. Give them a legal marriage certificate, fake their signatures, give Shinji Rei's name to distance him from Gendo, and BAM! Marriage.

Although I do have a small thing to point out-in Japan (from what I understand), women primarily take the husband's family name upon marriage. The reverse still happens, but men taking the wife's name is still uncommon enough that Gendo going from Rokubungi to Ikari was unusual enough that the anime picked it out as a sign of his extreme devotion to her. But legally speaking, Japan requires that both halves of the couple share a surname, whichever one it may be.
DYnoJackal19 chapter 2 . 10/11/2016
please continue
Guest chapter 2 . 6/8/2015
Hopefully writer's block hasn't killed this story just yet!
COBRASTEVE chapter 2 . 2/6/2015
I keep re-reading this because it's so good, so almost believable in the world of NERV. But you've deprived us of the intense joy of seeing Asuka exploding with outrage over her man being taken! And by ' that doll' yet!
Sentinel07 chapter 2 . 11/4/2014
Now this is hilarious. Other than the odd concept of Shinji taking Rei's name (which I think another reviewer already talked about), this is one excellent story.

I would sincerely hope to see it completed!
Akuma-Heika chapter 2 . 7/21/2014
Actually it is usually the wife who takes her husband’s name even in Japan. Japan is different from the West in that it is legal and not that uncommon for the husband to marry into his wife’s family if they are the ‘higher’ family politically, financially, or socially.

Really hoping you continue this!

Ch2
Aphrodisiac

I WILL, as their guardian

Please finish this!

Lol on the OMAKE
Exiled Soul Nomad chapter 2 . 4/22/2013
lmao
Jay chapter 2 . 3/22/2013
Awesome story nothing wrong with it perfect to a T.
Yuuji Narukami chapter 2 . 7/21/2012
Shame... You should update this 's good.
Sean Malloy-1 chapter 2 . 12/12/2011
Nice start on the story, I hope to read more.
Toby860 chapter 2 . 10/16/2011
a good story. well thought out sofar. shoulg be continued. in time
Fan of Fanfics21 chapter 2 . 8/6/2011
hahahahahaha! love the omake! My stomach fucking hurts form it!
Rose1948 chapter 2 . 10/14/2010
::chuckles:: I like this and I sincerely hope that you have plans to continue the story.
Alpha Taco chapter 2 . 12/14/2009