Reviews for A Sort of Homecoming
Guest chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
nicely done.
I have to admit, unlike many, I never hated Percy...I saw him as simply having a different point of view. Frankly, we all grow up and choose our own path. It doesn't make us evil or bad. I always wondered where the idea that Arthur was such a perfect father came from, frankly. He has children who he can't support, and he doesn't protect them adequately. Ginny possessed and no follow up treatment? Molly does almost all the parenting, he hangs out in the shed (garage/workshop) and tinkers...
When you accuse someone of being inadequate or stupid, they react...as an adult, Arthur really should have known that. So to insist to Percy that he is just a stupid little boy who is being used by the ministry to spy on Arthur is not the way to win his trust. Frankly, if missing details/plots were to cause the downfall of powers in the wizarding world, Dumbledore should be doing Fitch's job...His mistakes began with Riddle, then Sirus, Snape, Ginny, Harry, need we go on?
Plus the fact that Percy kept his job AFTER isolation supports the fact that he got the job on merit.
Punzie the Platypus chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
I like Percy. I don't like it when people diss him, and this was a beautiful story about him.
ElvendorkInfinity chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
I might cry...poor Percy. :-(

Excellently written as always though, wonderful portrayal of the characters, I like how you have him thinking - not really justifying necessarily, but struggling to make /himself/ believe that it's right.

-Lee x
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Gods that was sad. Wonderful, brilliant, but tragic. I nearly cried.
KittyBennet chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
You really made me feel for Percy, it was so beautifully written.
WinterLizzy chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
Actually cried at the end, not sobbing, but tears...
Avatar Rikki chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
AW! The ending was so sad. Why did Fred have to die? What was Rowling thinking?
Princess Gillybean chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
Well done. The lyrics fit the story perfectly. I love the fact you didn't try and explain Percy's reasons rationally (like a top secret mission from Dumbledore or something like that which comes up in fanfiction) He was stupid but you still made me feel for him and understand why.
ladylace616 chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
Poor Percy.
Writting2StayHalfSane chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Aw, that made me cry. It showed that Percy wasn't just being an ignorant git, he was doing what he felt was right. Comeing home shouldn't have to be that hard. Not for anyone, but especailly not for Percy. I loved that in the end he sat and cried and Charlie comforted him. What sweet brothers they are. And the song? Made it perfect. U2 is my favorite band ever! You are so amazing! I think I feel a hint of jealousy comeing on. Well, I guess we all can't be as good as you. At least we have your works to enjoy. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful stories with us!
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
That's really sad, and you captured Percy's emotions perfectly, and managed to write them down. bravo!
Violin Ghost chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
"The twins had always seemed indestructible."

I very much agree with Percy. That was one of the reasons I just couldn't accept right away that Fred had died. :(

I love your take on Percy - of course he would have his reasons for not coming home sooner.
Potgenie chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Loved it. :)
HGRHfan35 chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
I just found your stories via other authers and I just wanted to let you know that I think your writing style is amazing.

It did help that U2's Sort of Homecoming is one of my all time favourites and that was a motive to read about Percy.

YOU MADE ME CRY! *sob* You have to be good to do that *grins*

When I find more time I'll be sure to read more although I usualy read the most stories on SIYE but FFN gives good authors as well.

Tamira chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
That was so good! ... It shows Percy as a true Weasley... At the beginning he fights for what he thinks is the right... Like he was taught, like everybody should do... And later... Well, Percy is not the only one in his family being extremly stubborn and proud... I wished he could have jumped over his shadow earlyier... But at least he DID manage in the end...