Reviews for Return to Lyme
Vero Diaz chapter 31 . 15h
Please tell me this is not the end of the story
asprankle1 chapter 30 . 4/27
This is absolutely fantastic!
Gaskellian chapter 31 . 2/12
Ok, so I've read your whole story and am hoping that a one year hiatus will have been enough for inspiration to have returned. Please?
weesh chapter 31 . 12/17/2014
Just found this story and have enjoyed reading it. Well done
Loves2Read205 chapter 31 . 11/12/2014
Oh My Gwad... I LOVE this story! :)

I haven't reviewed and I apologise but the excuse is that I couldn't stop reading!... like literally once I started I just couldn't stop, I was reading this on my breaks at work, lunch and even on my phone to and from work! lol

Here's hoping an update is soon...now to check out your other stories :)
Lady Marianne chapter 31 . 9/23/2014
It's been a long time since I felt the need to commit myself to a story that is not complete, but being that there are so few Persuasion stories and given that I've read some of your work before, I decided to give this a go. I was not disappointed.

Though I think it might be a little too long for my liking and that it tends to ever-so-slightly drag in some places -probably because you have been working on it for so long- I think it is a really good story. The characters that we know and love so much are really great and those Jane Austen didn't write much about are portrayed realistically enough that one has no problem inserting them into canon. I'm thinking particularly of Mrs. Harville and to some extent Captain Benwick. I also like that you made Lady Russell more "evil" (that't not exactly the word I'm looking for, but it will have to do, since I'm currently incapable of coming up with a more appropriate word for the time being) than Austen's version. Oh, and I was delighted by the addition of Edward Wentworth, though I'll admit I missed the Crofts a little bit.

As for the story itself, though a little repetitive (poor the Harvilles! I would consider opening a hospital rather than an inn in their place) -again, probably because it's been years since you first began writing this, so it's possible that the story grew beyond what you first expected it to be- it was entertaining enough to make reading it a rather enjoyable experience. And the addition of Mr. Elliot was a welcome surprise -not because I particularly like Mr. Elliot, I think he's a jerk, but because it gave the story a whole new layer that wouldn't have been there if it were for him.

I do wish you would finish this some time in the (hopefully near) future. I do know what it is to not feel like writing after a personal experience leaves one drained, so I'm not judging or rushing. But it would be oh-so-nice to read about Anne and Frederick reaching their happily ever after, specially after everything they went through. Also, while we're at it, I would simple *love* if you finished So Far From You too! I only have a vaguely recollection of the story, but I distinctively remember it was one of my favourite stories in this fandom.

I sincerely hope to read more from you soon.
Kat liu chapter 31 . 9/12/2014
so my 'next'botton is empty :(
I'm not sure that I ever get to read the rest of this story as much as I would love to.
On the other hand I'm happy that you took us at least to this point. This is as good as the HEA. They have eachother and even though it's not all settled, Austens stories tend to end with the engagement as well. So I have no real reason to lament.
...
But I still would love to know what you've planned for them and how the Elliot... accident would've be solved...
Kat liu chapter 29 . 9/12/2014
Yes, Anne is right, the Harvilles are a very pleasant couple. As we do not hear so much about that from Austen herself, I must compliment you for giving us the knowledge. It's just one more of these character studies you are so good at.
But one thing had me pause: Anne was out for a to long walk and was exhausted. She got nearly no rest, helped with Frederick and then took a walk. Is that not a bit much considering she isn't fully recovered from her fever?
Kat liu chapter 24 . 9/12/2014
Well, that was unexpected. The "Cousin?" not so much, but that Frederick would just then and there declare himself... He wants to make sure once and for all that nothing gets in his way again, ey?
Kat liu chapter 23 . 9/12/2014
I was so caught in the story that I totally forgot to review.
Now that Frederick is freed of Louisa I wonder where you're going to take this - the straight line or do you plan another twist. Not to forget about Mr Elliot...
Kat liu chapter 18 . 9/10/2014
your certainly not a fan of Lady Russell.
Still poor Harville: not only the pompous Lady and the ignorant Mr Elliot, but Frderick as well
Kat liu chapter 17 . 9/10/2014
You picture Lady Russell and Mr Elliot both so disdainful and presumptuous, it makes a Mr Darcy pale in comparison. Makes one (okay: me) furious.
Poor Harville that he has to endure Mr Elliot, especially when he can feel the trouble radiating from the man.
Kat liu chapter 15 . 9/9/2014
That was a great concersation yet again. You do them very well.
Kat liu chapter 14 . 9/9/2014
It seems you give as short POVs from nearly all of them.
You capture them all in a very unique way. It's amazing how different they turn out - springing all from your one mind.
Kat liu chapter 13 . 9/9/2014
They feed every member of the party a different bit of story - that's going to be a lot of work and cause some explanations.
It's nice to have those in the focus who are only embellishments in the book, especially Benwick. You portray him really favorable. Austen pays him little attention for his only reason of existence is to ease Fredericks bad conscience in the Louisa-Affair.