Reviews for A Saving People Thing
LEEDABUG chapter 9 . 6/23/2014
Ok. I just read some of the other reviews, and I'm shocked. I think if you think logically and ignore the movies making him look like a good guy, Remus isn't that great! Where was he all of those years? Nowhere, that's where. He has mores issues that Time Magazine! He presumably "hates" Harry because Sirius died, leaving Remus all alone, but may also have some guilt about not being there for Sirius or Harry when he should have. Remus has a weird inferiority complex, and should be in therapy. I can easily see him as an abuser. He's messed up in the head. I just hope the story continues so we can see everyone else's psycho problems. Think about it. Remus was always weak! Abandoning his pregnant wife ring a bell? Tonks going into a depression when Remus was refusing to be with her and then foolishly leaving her kid home alone to fight Voldemort & co.? Ron being a jealous prat? Dumbledore never telling Harry a damned thing until it's too late? Including not just telling him about Tom's history before he died, or that there was a prophecy he could go to the ministry and see (destroy) during regular business hours. JK may not have gotten any of her romances even remotely right or believable, but she gave us plenty of evidence that her characters are seriously flawed. (That's not to say I don't enjoy Harry & Ginny stories, because some of them are great.) Great story.
LEEDABUG chapter 10 . 6/23/2014
Wow. This is moving along well. I just found this story like mid-June, 2014. Any chance it's going to be completed or continued? I love the story and how things aren't as simple as they seem. If you've lost the fanfiction bug, maybe you can write out a brief summary of what would have been on some of your stories. Closure is a beautiful thing. Hope all is week. Thanks.
Phoenix Gryffis chapter 10 . 3/28/2013
UPDATE!...QUICKLY!
HoosierCullen chapter 10 . 2/26/2013
Okay this is a very good fic and I hope it gets a update soon. I like how you have written this and the fact Tonks seems so oblivious and duty bound to helping a prick like Remus is very interesting. She kept putting it all off on Harry exagerating what happened the night Remus attacked him, I say attacked because even though Harry hit him with the dumbbell he could tell Remus had bad intentions when it came to Tonks and Harry was used to seeing the signs. The fact she keeps making excuses for the were just screams inabiler (not sure I spelled that right). I am interested in seein where it goes from here. Please update soon.
HoosierCullen chapter 8 . 2/26/2013
Sorry I waited till this chapter to give a review but I couldn't stop reading but I thought this chapter warranted a review. Up until now and probably going on with the story I have really enjoyed it. Though Lupin is a little OOC it does seem plausible that he would act this way if something in him were to snap which seems to have. Harry being a helpless little boy is even more OOC he has spent his life with the Dursley's so protecting himself would be a priority. And Tonks being a sympathetic, excuse giving battered girlfriend is totally OOC. She is an Auror with training and Remus is a simpering self depricating arse. I was happy Harry was the one to catch him at Emmeline and the beating that he gave him. I hope Harry and Tonks can work but with her stupid idea she owes Sirius to look after the dick and keep being treated that way is just odd. The part where Harry was locked in the room and forced to hear Remus shagging Tonks in my opinion is provocation enough let alone his actions after Albus left him when he kept intimidating Harry. I really do like the fic and my opinions only make me want to keep reading not the opposite. I want to see how you have the characters handle these situations and I do think this is a good fic.
nightkitty555 chapter 10 . 10/2/2012
I did not really enjoy Lupin being a bad person, but I really liked the rest of this story, and I really hope you pick it back up. You handled emotion very well, especially everything to do with the murder. A very good story here that I'm sad is just sitting unfinnished.
Scabbers1957 chapter 10 . 8/17/2012
Oh I can't wait for the next chapter(s) I'll add this to my story favs n alerts. Well done.

:))
Ibskib chapter 10 . 8/16/2012
It's been an engaging story so far, the whole Tonks/Lupin abuse thing is pretty disturbing to read, the worst thing was probably the whole dubcon thing. Still it is wellwritten, and I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming meeting, and later on the confrontation with Lupin, which seems pretty inevitable. I'm guessing there will also be one with Dumbledore at some point.
I love the characterization of Moody, and all those small things that helps fleshing him out. Considering the situation, the interactions between Harry and Tonks are nicely written, all those tense moments interspersed with more than a bit of caring fit very well.
Even though it might not be an immediate thing, I do hope the author will be able to take up this story again someday, this is definitely one of the better Harry/Tonks stories I've read.
And I want find out what will happen to all those poor red shirts ;-)
Raven3182 chapter 10 . 2/26/2012
This has the beginnings of a very good story. It's too bad that it's seemingly abandoned. Oh well, here's to hoping that you'll write more some day!
wolfzmasterz chapter 10 . 9/25/2011
really good story cant wait to read the next part but i have to get up in a few hours so read ya later byb.
Debate4life chapter 10 . 8/17/2011
Good story!
NarutosBrat chapter 10 . 5/14/2011
Red shirts, eh? I'm guessing the Death Eaters are going to make a mighty big splash, then.
Snag1 chapter 10 . 2/24/2011
Heavens. A rather chilling depiction of an unbalanced relationship. I hope you find this story's thread again, because the why of Remus' hatred for Harry is something that has me very curious.
Elaine's Spike chapter 10 . 2/23/2011
so what happened to the rest?
The Fictional Saloon chapter 10 . 12/8/2010
Gah...a really really disturbing image you've drawn of Tonks and Remus here. Espacially Remus. Never thought I could NOT like him - proved me wrong! Hopefully Harry and Tonks can work this whole mess out. I liked Moody so far. Ever the old, war-hardened Auror that he should be, not just some guy sputtering the lines from canon every few sentences. Looked up your profile since it wasn't updated in 2 years...seems like you abandoned writing eh? Sad but hey, hope dies at last! ;)

On Alert list for now.