Reviews for What Am I to You
26Rye J chapter 10 . 12/28/2012
I started reading this story because the summary struck me as realistic albeit sad as well. I've often wondered how Angel and Buffy would interact with each other were they to meet after the Angel series. After everything they'd been through separately, what would they become together? What would they think of the changes in the other? And, most importantly, would they still be able to make each other happy? Would they still belong together? This story explores those questions very well, and I am disappointed to see it end.

The writing is tight and well-paced. From a depressing premiss, you patiently brought us to a beautiful conclusion. Writing a plausible where these two characters end up together and hopeful is extremely difficult. It's much easier to write them plausible tragic endings; after all, they've been set up for them since the beginning. It might sound strange, but I think they deserve the happier ending; more to the point, they deserve the effort it takes to imagine it and then write it plausibly. Thank you for taking the time to chart them a hopeful course. You've done it splendidly. I look forward to reading your other stories and eagerly await the challenges your imagination will tackle in the future. As long as writers continue to write B/A, the characters' love and lessons never have to fade from memory.
tinka0234 chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
this was great, i really enjoyed it!

i love when things get a little dark but have a happy ending!

i think it would be great to have more of this, a continuation or somthing. them trying to have a go at making it work.

but then i always think there should be more ;)
MaryZG chapter 10 . 4/12/2011
Read this a while ago and can't believe I never put a word of praise about it! This story made me read more of your stuff, and now you're tagged as one of my favorite authors.

I really enjoyed reading this. I kinda lean towards angsty stuff - it somehow makes more sense than anything else. I especially enjoy angst that ends in a happy ending. Cause there are many kinds of happy out there, but when the happy is earned through the pain it's cathartic. That's how this story felt to me.

Thanks for sharing your work!
StoneCold7085 chapter 10 . 6/4/2010
This story was good but in my opinion it had to much angst and not enough romance. You could have just categorized it has an angst fic.
CrystalSC chapter 10 . 5/27/2010
This was really awesome. I loved your voices for both a & b. I wish there were more.
clandestinequeen chapter 10 . 9/3/2009
Interesting story, I just love your writing style. I could have witnessed this onscreen, it would have been real and suited to canon, since you have the characters down pegged emotionally/otherwise and what it would have been like after everything had taken place. It's realistic and open.
Asher's Legion chapter 5 . 4/30/2009
I love the story so far. I've read the first 4 chapters. :)

Spange
LeahElizabeth chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
You are a great writer. Good work!
Scourge of Europe chapter 10 . 11/8/2008
Just found this and it had me hooked. Very nice writing. It's Buffy and Angel, so of course when they hate, they do it as intensely as when they love.

Me, you know, I like my angst... plentiful, and I love a good ├╝ber dark story that ends the same way every now and then but I was glad to see you ending this on a lighter note, it felt like the right way for this story. The lead-up to the breakdown was painful to read at times but the payoff good (though I bet I would have been frustrated if I hadn't been able to read the full story in one sitting *grin*) and I think that the ending, while not super fluffy leaves us (and them) hopeful. Good job!
sentbyfools chapter 10 . 10/21/2008
This was a great story. I really enjoyed reading it. I really don't have much to say as I found no problems with the characterization, plot, or grammar for that matter. Great job and I hope to read more from you!
SWChica2005 chapter 10 . 10/20/2008
For a story that started out so dark and dreary, it has ended on a nice light and fluffly note...my favorite kind! Buffy's breakdown in chapter 9 seemed to bring out their hidden emotions for one another, and the fact that those emotions will never go away. And with Buffy's "do not leave me" demand in this chapter, Buffy shows that she loves Angel despite his faults (as well as her own). Excellent job! I absolutely loved this entire fic from the beginning to the end.
Princesakarlita411 chapter 10 . 10/19/2008
aww they kissed yay
elaine451 chapter 10 . 10/19/2008
I just found this and read the whole thing, such a great plot! I loved it. Not fluffy, I'm a huge fluff bunny and have a really difficult time writing conflict, but you wrote such a super story, angst without pity. The timing was perfect, from Buffy's first encounter with Angel to her seeing him in the demon bar, just perfect. And the ending, perfect again!

I'll need to find more of your stories! Thanks so much for a super read!
SMH1986 chapter 10 . 10/18/2008
This was nice, a really good finish. I enjoyed it!

I really can't wait for you to write another. You're totally awesome (and now FOREVER on my author alert).

P.S. You have a nice handle on Angel's "voice", but I'm just wondering if you ever wrote anything (or considered doing) a piece on Angelus? HIS dynamic with Buffy is just as interesting, I feel.
Kissin Concern chapter 9 . 10/14/2008
Absolutely loved this story. The darkness adds a certain reality to the plot. Loved the B/A dark moments. This will need a sequel.