Reviews for It's in the Genes
sapphermine chapter 25 . 10/27/2009
It's over? Haha I bet you'll get and have gotten plenty of comments like that.

Gosh, how long has it been since I started reading this. I'm going to miss waiting for another chapter to come up and getting all giddy when you do post another. I can't believe it's really over!

One reason why I absolutely approve of your Alec as part of the Winchesters is that he balances Sam and Dean perfectly. Your Alec can stop Dean from being overly selfless and at the same time can stop Sam from blaming himself too much or from doubting Dean's vast love for him (like canon!Sam had been feeling XD). Your Alec brings not only humor but he lightens the canon darkness. Supernatural with only Sam and Dean is kind of bleak, because it's only just them against the world. It's so difficult to be sure that they will win. But with Alec there, not only does he bring himself, he brings in Joshua, Max, Mole and other Transgenics too. And suddenly, Supernatural isn't all that dark anymore, there's hope, because Sam and Dean aren't alone anymore, and I'm sure, like super super sure, that victory isn't impossible.

I wish, really really really x10 wish that you'll add in a bunch of one shots in this verse. Kinda like the Brotherhood verse by And hey, maybe other authors could use your characterization of Alec then too! And then you'll have your own sandbox within the sandbox of Kirpke to play in!

Ah, I'm sad that this is over. But pretty, pretty please don't let it end here? Maybe you could touch on the runes thing with Max and the virus she's supposed to save humanity from? Have Alec all knight and shining armor or something hahaha (although really, I want Alec to stay with the Winchesters forever and ever XD)! Or, they could do a bunch of hunts, do one shots of those?

I will really, really miss this! I do hope you'll write more!

Thank you for letting us ride on this wonderful journey! I loved, loved, LOVED every moment of it and I hope you'll take us to more amazing adventures!3
Eeyore08 chapter 25 . 10/27/2009
Just wanted to say that I loved this story. It's the only long SPN/DA story I've read and it was worth every minute. It was exciting (and sometimes cringe-worthy) to see the boys try to adjust to their new roles in each others' lives.

Awesome story. Will be waiting for a one shot.
Variou5 chapter 25 . 10/27/2009
great fic Cheryl! loved it. i would love to read more with the 3 brothers, whenever you get a chance.
KAZ2Y567i chapter 25 . 10/27/2009
Oh Bravo! Well done!...*standing ovation*

I've enjoyed this story from the very first chapter. I was concerned as to how you were going to handle the end of Dean's deal. But I needn't have worried. You made the writing look effortless, though I'm sure there may have been some worrying looks and hand holding with your betas.

Thank you so much for righting this crossover. How could anyone not enjoy Alec with the Winchesters. He's a mini-Dean!

I enjoyed Designated Driver (fast cars & Dean, who could resist), A Force to be Reckoned With (Dean aka Han Solo and Sam as darkside Luke...sweet) and Pearl Harbour 1941 just made me cry. I loved them all! You have a gift for writing and a talent for crossovers.

Please. Write. More!
electricgurl chapter 25 . 10/27/2009
Hey!

Loved the story and I love the universe! I do hope that you keep up with these three and if not that you don't mind a writer trying out your 'verse :P Keep up the great work!
Anne1013 chapter 25 . 10/27/2009
Great job! And of course I would love to see more stories about the brothers in the future. Give yourself a break and we will be here when you are ready to give us some more. Love the relationships and how two brothers can gang up on one now. It adds an interesting dynamic.

I think that is the fun of fan fiction. You can explore so many different situations with your favorite characters (including putting characters together that would never get together on the series) and run with it.

I agree with your decision to finish this story. I hope that it gives you a sense of accomplishment for a job well done. It was fun being along for the ride and, like I said at the beginning, I hope to see more stories about the brothers adventures in the future.

nexus432 chapter 25 . 10/27/2009
Bravo! Great fic! Please write more Supernatural and Dark Angel crossovers.
Amy chapter 25 . 10/27/2009
Speedy and a dietition. Go Alec. Lol. He's doing Sam proud right now in the mother hen dept. But man how swiftly it went from banter to the hard discussion. Poor Alec. He feels like he failed, he doesn't understand that Dean's been there too and he gets it. I'm glad he was able to get that in their talk and that they've bridged things over. Hehe. And he said both he and Sam would make him answer to them if he tried it again. Fast learner, sibling threat. Lol! And then teasing him w/a toy mouse. Oh nice. That goes in the top ten.

I loved them fishing together too, that was such a great family moment. How sweet Dean gave the fish a letcure and let it go. I can't believe they tricked Dean into staying and Alec was looking frd to the prank war. Lol. But Dean wasn't fooled after all. *snickers* He got them good. Too bad he couldn't out run them. But hugs are awesome. ;)Awesome ending.
sylia91 chapter 25 . 10/27/2009
Excellent. Loved this fic! Dean Winchester and Alec McDowell are my 2 favorite TV characters and I got them both in one fic along with an awesome side of Sam. I'm going back and reading this from the beginning, YAY!
iNsAnE nO bAkA chapter 25 . 10/27/2009
Kyaa! I love it! OMG, the emotions! And the gooeyness! *beams* Thanks SO much for taking on this awesome, amazing ride! Bit sad it's done but it's worth it! _
Anne1013 chapter 24 . 10/26/2009
"Our tats don't incite riots..." Really? I think there is a lot of yelling going on whenever they show their tats. :}

How sad that they all feel a seems of doom and gloom, just because things seem to be going their way right now. I hope they have a chance for some fun before they jump back into hunting. But, knowing the Winchester luck, that wont happen.

Thanks for the update and looking forward to what our boys get into next.

Anne
494dwangel chapter 24 . 10/26/2009
i loved this chapter so much...update soon
masondixon chapter 24 . 10/26/2009
Thank You for the new chapter. Strange having the brothers together and no evilness or danger or fighting or anger around them. That took a moment to adjust to but that's because that is not "normal" for our boys. I look forward to what you write next. Thank You.
AmethystSiri chapter 24 . 10/26/2009
Fantastic chapter :) I can't wait for the next one, and more Winchester adventures :)
InSecret chapter 24 . 10/26/2009
-Well, after a ton of rewrites, here’s the next chapter. I’m crossing my fingers that it’s entertaining.-

Of COURSE it's entertaining, it always is! Seriously, I'm loving this story more and more. *big smile*
758 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »