Reviews for It's in the Genes
25rhieannerain chapter 11 . 6/24/2012
Big brother Sammy to the rescue! Hahaha :DD I know I got angry at Alec in the previous chapter but in here, my heart is breaking for him. It's like hearing that a person you love the most has cancer and only has months to life, except that in here, the situation is darker and more hopeless and it's not helping that Dean himself doesn't seem to care that he's dying. Good thing these two are so faithful to the big brother they love and won't let go of him. Heck, if I had a big brother like Dean, I'm sure I ain't gonna let go of him too! Still can't get enough of this, miss cheryl, it's like i'm reading it for the first time every single time! :)
25rhieannerain chapter 10 . 6/23/2012
"'Yeah, well, love sucks and being a Winchester sucks even worse, kiddo. You'll get used to it,' Dean thought. But he knew that, when he was gone, Alec wouldn't ever turn his back on Sam, that his brothers would tighten up their ranks, would be a unified front against anything the world threw at them. That, no matter what Sam and Alec thought, they could soldier on without him. It was just what Winchesters did, whether they wanted to or not.

No Dean, you're wrong! If you left, Either Sam and Alec would make a cross-roads deal together or they would would simply blow their brains off! I can't even imagine Dean gone from their lives... can't imagine Supernatural without Dean... couldn't imagine a big brother more suitable for Sam than Dean. And I can't imagine what Alec's life would be if he never met his brothers! So Dean, take Sam's advice to heart, will ya? "Don't get killed!"

On another note, I don't know what you're going to think of this but if I were Sam, I would have boxed Alec's ears when he left Dean in the helicopter! Hahahaha :DD

"I wish I never met you."

Ow! Alec, that hurt! You broke my heart right there!
25rhieannerain chapter 9 . 6/23/2012
A showdown between Alec and White is always AWESOME! I totally loved the fact that even though Alec was supposed to be completely immobilized due to the injury to his spine, all it took was the thought that Dean wasn't going to make it for a MIRACLE to happen! If GOD Himself didn't give Alec strength to get back to his feet to save his brothers then I don't know who else did! And gaaaaah... this chapter... this cruel chapter where Alec is so very close to learning about Dean's deal... reading this was like breaking my heart in slow motion! Oh my vegetables, I'm so affected by these boys of ours! I'm so affected by your writing!
25rhieannerain chapter 8 . 6/23/2012
Whew! Back to reading and reviewing. Back to paradise! Haha :DD All right, where was I? Oh this was the chapter that had me clinging to the edge of my bed! I could almost feel Sam and Alec's anxiety... wanted to bang my head on the wall as much as Alec did when the computers wouldn't work. And when White started beating Dean up, all I could think about was "Get to Dean... Get to Dean... Get to Dean...FAST!" As always, this was very, VERY well written. If it makes you feel good (or bad), I remember flinching and squirming as if I was in pain when I was reading about ribs breaking and stomach getting kicked and windpipe getting crushed!
25rhieannerain chapter 7 . 6/22/2012
This was an amazing chapter if you asked me! I LOOOOVED the action and it's so very well written I was on the edge of my seat (er- bed!) haha XDD And when Alec realized that Dean had been captured... when his worst nightmare came, oh my vegetables! my heart was pounding really hard I can feel the pulse in my neck and under my thumb!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I also cried like an idiot when Dean called Alec "Alec Winchester" for the very first time. Talk about sappy! .
25rhieannerain chapter 6 . 6/22/2012
I totally loved Alec's "Operation: Good Samaritan" plan and could actually see this as a catalyst to change and liberalization for the transgenics. I think it would be really great to read a fanfic where Freak Nation has finally been accepted in the society and this has been their solution to the problem.

On another note, when Max mentioned that Alec was "cute" in a little-brother-I'm-in-awe-of-my-big-brothers kind of way, I was all giddy again! HAHA! I love M/A so much, although Max is too hard on Alec in the series, I still like their chemistry in my imagination. .

"I believe change and acceptance are earned by single events. I know I've judged people by appearance because we've been taught that that is our first, "best" technique for gauging someone's threat to us. But time and time again I've been proven so wrong,…but I still need proof. I still haven't learned to toss away what seems ingrained in me. But I'm not stubborn enough or foolish enough to not change my mind, value someone who has turned out to be an awesome person…no matter my first impressions of them"

AMEN! :)
25rhieannerain chapter 5 . 6/22/2012
Oh I'm really, really glad with hope you portrayed Max! Like I said, I'm game with everything M/A, even though it means Max has to be out of character for the fireworks to happen! Hahahahaha XDD And I thoroughly enjoyed Sam and Dean's phone conversation! Dean's random comments are just hilarious! I remember reading this in my hospital room and I was trying really hard to suppress a smile because I'm the only one there and I was scared that people might think I'm crazy! Haha...

Going onto her tip toes, Max wrapped her hand around the base of Alec's neck and brought his head down. Then their lips collided together into a kiss.

Seeing Max draw Alec into a long, deep kiss, Dean proudly smirked. "Oh, he definitely has my undeniable sex appeal."

Released from Max's long kiss an instant before even his transgenic lungs would have collapsed, Alec looked at Max in stunned confusion even as he reeled from his own receptiveness to Max, to her kiss. Suddenly he felt like he had stepped into an alternate universe, one where he was the celebrated prodigal son and Max was his girl, anxiously awaiting his return.

- Oh, I was totally tickled-pink at this point! ahahaha :)
25rhieannerain chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
"You didn't convince me to stay as much as you convinced me not to leave. Every time I headed for the door, one of you stopped me, tied me to the both of you more tightly than I was before, made me realize that whatever was on the other side of that door…it couldn't compare to what's on this side."

Soooooooooooo true! I don't even blame Alec for wanting to stay with Sam and Dean than be with Max and the rest of the gang back at T.C. I don't know, I just don't think he was LOVED in there. Heck, if he didn't mention the teeth pulling to Max, she was very ready to leave him in jail for White to deal with! that's why I'm just sooooo happy that in here, you gave Alec a home, a family. Maybe not a perfect family, but a family who loves him and accepts his flaws and all even when Max and to others like him (who, of all people, should be able to understand what he had been through) kept pushing him away.
25rhieannerain chapter 3 . 6/22/2012
I had a seizure once so I can relate to Alec's pain, fear and vulnerability here. Sadly, though, there's no "Sam" in there to ride out the seizures with me when it happened and I was really scared, reading this, it makes me feel kind of jealous towards Alec, especially when you described Sam's kind and gentle treatment of him. And gaaaaaah... the part about the tryptophan pill bottle, Alec wasn't the only one who felt like crying for that! When you wrote that Alec woke up to see Dean's worried expression, I already knew he got the tryptophan there so I was already teary-eyed!

"Dean takes his responsibilities very seriously."

Alec's throat suddenly felt thick as he returned, "That applies to you…not me."

Sam smiled and shook his head, "And Dean accuses me of being slow on the uptake."

This was the very first time you implied that Dean considered Alec as his responsibility and I gotta tell you, as I was reading it, my heart was swelling so much for Alec! Ooooh, I DO MISS THE THREE OF THEM TOGETHER! :)
25rhieannerain chapter 2 . 6/22/2012
Oh my! I remember the first time I read this story and I learned that Dean was going to use himself as a distraction while Sam was inside with Alec, I was really nervous that he was going to get shot! And when he did get shot, I was also really sad because I thought that would make Sam hate Alec. Good thing Sam didn't blame Alec and let him take care of Dean for a little while. )

"Compassion, caring, love didn't have to mean being weak, vulnerable, meant instead that you had a strength beyond your own, had someone backing you up, willing to even fight your battles for you. That being tough wasn't about enduring pain, cutting yourself off from what could hurt you. Instead it was about sheltering others from pain even in the face of your own agony, of putting others before yourself when you were so ready to break apart. It was about being strong not for yourself but for others, for the ones you loved."

This is a classic example of those words that made me feel like I was reading a devotional/inspiration Christian book instead of a DA/SPN crossover. Haha XDD And this is the firsy quotable quote from you that I ever loved!
25rhieannerain chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
I'm back to the Three Winchesters' World! :) Gosh, I miss these three brothers together soooooooooooooo much and I just can't get enough of them! I think I'm not going to sleep again tonight to finish all 25 chapters. DeanSamAlec. What a wonderful world it is in here!
ryder21 chapter 25 . 5/5/2012
Negative feedback: I have been glued to my computer at every free moment for over a week. My children have gone unfed, there are cobwebs in the corners - all because I couldn't STOP reading your story.

I love the way you have incorporated Alec into the Winchester world, and visa versa. Even though you wrote this four years ago, and we have gotten to know the Winchesters so much better since then, you have created interactions between them that are funny, heart warming, and still now ring true to their characters. Amazing job. I am off to read the sequel.

Even thou
ccase13 chapter 25 . 7/13/2011
This was a great story.

I thought you blended all 3 brothers together well. Dean is SO overprotective that he would definitely rush in to rescue his clone from a false murder charge.

At first I did not like the idea of placing the Dark Angel characters in SPN season 3 but you made it work very well. I am lookinf forward to the sequel.
Brightshadow-chi chapter 25 . 3/16/2011
the story was great. loved the mixture of three brothers.

and the whole con thing was amazing.
Brightshadow-chi chapter 20 . 3/14/2011
wow. loved this chapter(ch.20) the ending part was great.
758 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »