Reviews for Getting the Last Word
Tribble Master chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
well, you certainly inspired me to write a poem
Le'letha chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
I always loved that line. It's one of my favorite Star Trek moments, just for everyone's faces. Especially McCoy's. It makes me smile every time.

(Also, I think the nickname 'Bones' probably comes from the term 'sawbones'. Did you know it's not in the Star Trek Encyclopedia? For shame.)
Window Girl chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
Aww, this is sweet. The ending is cute.
Ster J chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
This was a ggod story. Poor McCoy had to atch these two up so many times. This was just the first time they were ve both down at the same time.
challengerspet chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
ROTFL oh priceless! You did a great job. That is pretty much what I had in mind for a WHN for that ep.
Schematization chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
Another fantastic tale! I love the way you work with mcCoy. You make him be that truly important person that so many seem to forget or his only role is to be someones girlfriend...the producers figured out along time ago that he was important or he wouldn't have been added to the opening titles for crying outloud.

He cares about these people that he has been on tour with and cares about those that he is only briefly meeting in this time as well. and i think you convey that in this too. with the beginning of the story and his quiet thoughts on what had lead up to this moment. You've given back that one small but important aspect to what makes a good doctor...he cares about those he is working on or with. He has a bedside manner that he can use to fit whomever it is that he is dealing with and knows how and why he needs to use it on them.

Even though it was Kirk, spock and his parents that were really more involved i this episode on the idea of what was seen, McCoy was the one who handled a great deal of the cirsis and knew how to do it since he does have such a greater understanding and coping with any individual on a one on one level. soemthing like I get to know people better and how they think because being a doctor I can peek inside of them. He has that knack and so many seem to forget that was also a part of his great talent.

But I think why I like your presentations of these charcters is because you hand us back what they really were and what they did while on this mission. As well as the original idea that they knew why they were really out there at times. You aren't given us the characters that so many rub out and then reamke up as how they want them to be or who they should be just for them You give back the idea that you enjoy the fact that they got them right over forty years ago. You make them as we know them not made up all over again.

You have an exceptional talent of taking what was given to us in the show with the characters being who they were then and figuring out to make them sound like those same people to fit into the scene you have in mind. Not rearrange the characters so they fit a sotryline or thought that wouldn't work unless one sat down and remade the characters to suit them. That's an exceptional talent and you have it really working well for this series. It's a wonderful thing to see.

You give us a view of them on their idea's of what is goig on in that specific episode remidning us that there was an actual episode that this pertaining to instead of just slapping the episode title in the heading and giving us something that may have happened at the end of any episode of Star Trek or the Benny Hill show.

you know the characters and the episodes so well that you can them sound like what we know and remember as well as have them do/say what you want but still be those exact characters. That's not easy nor simple. It's one of those things you have or don't have., you have have it. There are number who don't...so you have something speical in your writing and thoughts that's what makes your writing and idea's for episodes more intriguing and interesting and fun. I'm glad to know that there are some who do try to keep Roddenberry's idea going and keep the adventure and idea that the friendship is there but like with most things, it's not something that has to shoved down a person's throat. The friendship is like many things, you know it when it happens more so in the subtle periods than any other time.

and thanks for the birthday wishes! Appreciated muchly believe me!

-Schematization
Wirral Bagpuss chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
Hmm that was nicely done. Thanks for writing this. Poor Bones having to cope with all hat on his own. He needs a heavy glass of Sarian Brandy ! ;)