Reviews for A Breaking Of Emotions
Dogmatil chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
That was so beautiful! I especially loved the poem in the end, very touching and it fits those two perfectly.
RagnarIsStillCrazy chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Good advice about throwing the bullet and the wood away, Mycroft.
Mysterylover17 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
wow so powerful! Fantastic story and very IC. Brava
smallrose chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
This was amazing! And believe you me, no one is upset at you for not killing Watson. ;)
Westron Wynde chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Like it? I loved it! A superb piece of writing :)

"Watson is the only help Sherlock has ever needed…" - how well Mycroft understands his brother.

The lines of verse I thought were really beautiful and fitted just right with the emotion of the piece.

Excellent :)
WhereTheMildThingsAre chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
That was beautiful. I really loved the way you penned our boys out. I don't think it was too dark or angsty for Holmes; I mean, we all read how he reacted to the bullet simply grazing Watson, so I think you laid on the appropriate amount.

Brownie points for including big brother. :)
Deana chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
Nicely done!
The Fool's Hope chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
This is AMAZING. Every single moment was crystal clear and intensely powerful... I stopped breathing as I read the first half (I started again when I knew Watson would be OK :) And the poem fits perfectly. Really, really fantastic.

And yay that Watson lived! :)
aragonite chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
Woah. Tops. You were right about the angst, but it was so worth it!
bcbdrums chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
it's beautiful runa. i almost cried. i love the way you changed between points of view. it was very powerful, especially with the internal thoughts, because they could have so easily been both of them speaking. mycroft's perception of what his brother needs is also very powerful, because sherlock holmes is the great mystery, and yet so readable when it comes to watson.

brilliant work!
Booklover chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
Great job! I love the way you wrote the emotions here...spot on. That poem at the end is perfect I love it-do you happen to remember it's name?
Pompey chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
I like that verse. and it makes sense that Holmes would know it, having spent time in Tibet and probably the nearby areas.
Velvet Green chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
I really liked it! And you won't hear me complaining about "dark and angsty" - I happen to like it that way ;) Though I'm glad you didn't let Watson die.

I loved how you turned the whole thing around, so that Holmes was the one who needed comforting in the end.
Wirral Bagpuss chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
Ouch! After readiong that i think i can feel that bullet in my chest! Poor Holmes, but he really does show as caring deeply for Watson in this story! Enjoyed that !
KCS chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
I love that poem! It's beautifully perfect!

And I do thank you for not killing poor Watson - we had far too many of those. Dark!Holmes can be very, very frightening.

Great job, Runa!