Reviews for Power of the Pen
Hades Lord of the Dead chapter 13 . 8/8/2012
Oh. My. Days.
That was... brilliant! Amazing! Wonderful! A whole bunch of adjectives that can't even BEGIN to portray the sheer... AWESOMENESS of this piece of work. It was the perfect balance between fluff and not, as well as humour and sadness.
Thank you for sharing.
B-D
Azolean chapter 13 . 7/24/2012
This was an incredible piece of work with a perfect finish! Again, I thank you so much for this fic!
Azolean chapter 4 . 7/23/2012
lol That deleted excerpt was a perfect touch!
Azolean chapter 3 . 7/23/2012
I must say, the alternate styles you keep switching with in here are making this a very interesting read. I'm so very much enjoying this. Thank you for all the creativity that has gone into this.

*clicks to the next chapter eagerly*
ibohemianam chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
This was hilarious. I've always loved stories from Mycroft's POV.
Q the omnipotent night fury chapter 13 . 8/31/2011
There are some stories which I simply cannot describe. I usually compose long reviews in my head and never post them, but there are some stories which I can barely say anything about and yet feel compelled to write SOMETHING.

This is one of them.

I loved it, all of it, every sentence. Especially the telegrams and whatnot between Sherlock and Mycroft. I feel like they don't get enough brotherly interaction and I liked the "I am simply keeping tabs on you so I know how long to let you roast when you get home" and the "I am sorry that you are so far away from London because I cannot hit you over the head with a brick."

Also, Holmes' letter attempts made me laugh and wince. "Watson... I'm not dead." #bursts out laughing again# Sorry... anyway, thanks for writing, keep on writing, and all... that... jazz!
MuseOfOrpheus chapter 13 . 4/17/2011
I know this review is a little late-posted, but I couldn't help but say something. So here goes...

Bravo. Very well done. The characters were so well developed, and the plots and sub-plots fit in so well. Even though the writings were all over the place, everything made perfect sense and was clear to the reader.

Two things I want to particularly mention; Mycroft's character and Mary's Eulogy. Mycroft was always a difficult character to understand. Doyle never mentioned exactly why Holmes chose his brother out of all people to confide in. But somehow, somehow, you made Mycroft understandable; Sherlock's trust in him, his love and care for his brother (no matter how he tried to hide it), and his almost Sherlockian personality. All makes sense. You did a wonderful job with that. Then, Mary's Eulogy. Doyle never made a big show of Mary's passing, and Watson seemed to get over it pretty quickly. mary seems to be almost a passing attraction. So that being said, I thank you for including something in there about here. And the way you accomplished it was perfect. It was seriously heart-touching. I loved it.

The story started off on a good note, and ended with a perfect chord. A great work of art indeed :)
grossasstoenails chapter 13 . 1/14/2011
omg! best hiatus fanfic i ever read. not exagerating. im usually the type who writes critical reviews, too! don't have to reply to this!
grieverwings chapter 13 . 6/27/2010
There's really only one word I can say that encompasses my feelings for this story, and how much I enjoyed reading it, and what care and devotion obviously went into the entire thing:

Bravo.
AdidasandPie chapter 13 . 3/21/2010
Ah! This was an absolutely awesome story! I loved it. You do have a knack for voices. I especially liked Mycroft's. The correspondence between him and Sherlock was brilliant.
Youkaineko chapter 13 . 3/18/2010
Aw! I LOVED this! The fact that it was written (nearly) entirely through text was incredibly original and ingenious! It was very...almost historical, which is weird, but still totally awesome. It was refreshing, I think is what I'm trying to say...

Anyways, to make a ramble slightly less so, it was great, I loved it, and Mary's death was the saddest I'd ever read :(

Great story!
WelcomeToTheAsylum chapter 13 . 3/5/2010
Thanks, much enjoyed.
xxClosed Accountxx chapter 13 . 3/1/2010
This was a beautiful story. It very well explains what must have happened during the hiatus.

I loved that you had this story in letter and telegram format. Everything was well thought out and well written, from Mycroft/Holmes interaction to different journal entries about Mary and, of course, Holmes and Watson's letters addressing one another. I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for writing.
xxClosed Accountxx chapter 10 . 3/1/2010
Wow. That was sad, moving and deep...
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 5 . 2/28/2010
"My dear Watson,

I am writing to you in order to address the issue of my death a year ago. It did not happen."

I knew the man was blunt, but this is ridiculous! Sounded just like the Sherlock we love though. :)