Reviews for Pains and Contradictions
snamioneBDSMcuriosity chapter 40 . 8/19
Ok… I cried through this entire story. My heart broken, I felt joy, anxiety tore me apart, I laughed, I hurt. But no matter the emotions this story gave me… I cried through it all. This is a fantastically written story. And I am very pleased I got to read it.
Perlz chapter 34 . 8/15
feel...energized, I guess."

"Liar," Severus said affectionately. "You feel ten feet tall."

Lol this is so sweet. I love certain lines In this fic so much; it's beautifully written :)
I'm glad Harry made up with hermione. It really did feel like he abandoned her. And I love their making up. "Say sorry again"..and you are good. It's a real friendship.
Perlz chapter 32 . 8/15
So much beautiful fluff to make up for the angst. ;)
Its a bit tainted with how it was almost easily lost though, cuz of BOTH of them.

"He knew it was an important question, a thing that defined a person and something important to Severus; but he also realized he might never know the answer and quickly found he didn't care."

I love this line so much! It's true; just cuz it's important to one person doesn't mean it means anything to the other person. Harry is attracted to the one he loves. He doesn't need to know anything else.
Perlz chapter 32 . 8/15
Severus...I want you to swear you'll never push me away for my own good ever again."

Sigh. Harry didn't have to go, just cuz he was pushed away. Especially when he knew it's not what Severus wanted.
Sorry sorry I'll stop complaining about this. I do love this fic honestly. But usually Harry has more determination for the people he loves.
Perlz chapter 32 . 8/15
"Oh, God," Harry whispered softly against Severus' ear. "I'm so happy, so relieved. I'm just so...fucking happy"

Exactly! Thats why you should have fought more you stupid gryffindor. At least until Severus understood he was worth it.
Perlz chapter 31 . 8/15
Tsk. Harry did far worse to severus and was instantly forgiven. He refused to fight for his bondmate when Severus couldn't fight for himself. Sometimes we need our loved ones to fight for us. Sigh. Harry has the support and friends and Remus (who never thought severus would change; he was wrong). What did Severus have? I know he had to give in, but Harry gave UP.
Perlz chapter 31 . 8/15
Harry saying that he refused to forgive Severus was the cruelest thing he could say. It's what his mother did. It's what Severus hates himself for.
Lol my reviews are very pro-severus, but he's doing everything out of sacrifice and love for Harry. Harry is just...giving up and being petty too. Or at least it seems like that.
Perlz chapter 30 . 8/15
How could everyone be so stupid as to ignore Severus? Has he ever freaked out or given warnings for no reason? And Harry? He did give up fast. So Severus couldn't listen when he begged, so what? He returned the love and the kiss didn't he? How could Harry be so cruel as to tell him he was moving on? Sigh. Making someone's worst predictions and fears come true isn't a way to get them to trust you. It takes time.
Perlz chapter 28 . 8/15
Yes! That! Grabbing him and kissing him without a life and death situation might have helped Harry. Everyone seems focused on Harry's pain and ignoring severus'. Half the time it feels like if the bond wasn't there, Harry wouldnt care at all. Severus is always the one fighting to protect Harry (this time by rejecting him). Sigh. If Harry fought back this could be better.
Perlz chapter 26 . 8/15
Sigh. Harry betrayed Severus far worse than Severus using remus' face. I hope he's not angry about it for too long. Severus just doesn't feel offended on his own behalf when it comes to the people he loves.
Perlz chapter 24 . 8/15
I hate that Harry was so willing to give up from the beginning even after being bonded. He didnt want to feel it, or even fight. Just cuz Severus didn't immediately accept.
Perlz chapter 23 . 8/15
Harry kept asking for proof of severus' love without giving any of his...he could have felt guilty for years for taking advantage but was immediately absolved. Now all he has to do is fight for him; show him he wont leave. How can there be so much misunderstanding when they can feel everything?! Harry might not know how to get passed severus' self-hate but he does have to feel that Severus wants him too.
Perlz chapter 21 . 8/15
"Would you truly judge a moment of weakness?"

Well...he did take advantage of Severus, can't really get around that. Calling it "human weakness" doesn't really better. After all, Severus suffered in his life at least as much...
Perlz chapter 20 . 8/15
Oh my gosh. Severus wasn't in control of any of it; not completely. And Harry knew.
Perlz chapter 17 . 8/15
"You could never be good for Harry because you'll never let go of the sins of your past"

Harry's forgiveness and affections have already helped him. To deny him more cuz he "can't change" doesn't make sense Remus, tak.
1,970 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »