Reviews for Pains and Contradictions
WynterRavenheart chapter 3 . 8/16/2008
Now I'm gonna do some shameless begging!

Please please PLEASE don't have this as a 'Uncle V-disobeys-Snape-and-does-something-awful-with-Harry' such as rapes or beatings or starvation or something like that.
WynterRavenheart chapter 2 . 8/16/2008
Now THAT is the Severus I know and love.

I like the fact that he has such faith in, well, Fate. That he believes himself a tool of the Fates instead of coincidence.

And that last line. Adore it!
Laurenke1 chapter 3 . 8/16/2008
I loved it. Just wanted to leave you a review a your beta. While I may have read the chapter I just wanted to review.
Tina28 chapter 3 . 8/16/2008
Great story! Is this really your first story? Very thought-out plot and characters. I'm looking forward to next chapter!
Laurenke1 chapter 2 . 8/15/2008
Sorry I just had to read chapter two to mke sure what I would be reading in chapter 3 would make sense to.

You want to push Albus in front of the train, don't you? Bastard of a man.
Laurenke1 chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
even while being a beta I still like to read the story. I will add it my list, just because I like it.
Lady Heather68 chapter 2 . 8/15/2008
Wow, after many long weeks finally an intelligent and well written story has come along. I look forward to reading more.
minijo1990 chapter 2 . 8/13/2008
That was an excellent chapter to read awash with dramatic writing and characterisation. You've captured the tortured soul of Severus Snape and the depression and anger of Harry beautifully.
BlackLight24 chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
this is so sad. Snape is great in this. keep it up.
mumimeanjudy chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Why is this Dumbledore head of the Order of the Phoenix? He seems to be an ineffectual old man who is only relieved that he can lay off his responsibilities onto a child. A leader who won't ask question because he might not like the answers is no leader at all. Also, why do deatheaters NEVER get killed?
minijo1990 chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Compelling reading, I shall be watching this from now on.
WynterRavenheart chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
I don't particularly like this, not because this is angst (even if I do hate angst it with a passion since I see if as a form os self-pity, but no matter), but because of the overload of emotion on two unimportant characters. Them being Sirius Black and Cedric Diggory.

To start my mini-rant, why the guilt over Diggory's death? Harry barely knew him, only mild interactions throughout the Tri-wizard tournament, there is nothing indicating emotional attachment to the other teen. I know you might argue that this is fanfiction, and as such you have liberties to do as you like, but still! I can't see the point of adding the guilt over Cedric's death.

Another, why all the emotional turmoil over Sirius? He was the godfather I know, but, think with me for a moment.

You're an orphan, who was left with the odd side of your family. You have a godfather, said godfather just escaped prison, he's not guilty but he's still on the run, said godfather was left for dead there for over ten years and is most likely slightly insane at best. You, being an orphan left with the despicable side of your family, crave someone who would take you under your wing and care for you like you've seen other parents do for their children, so you attach yourself to your godfather.

So far so good. The idea of someone loving you is great. But lets face it, the reality was another thing entirely!

Thing is, godfather's behaviour starts to change over time, he seems to want a mini-version of your father than to get to know the real you, sometimes the behaviour is downright childish. You still care about him but the person beneath the idea of parental love is not something you were expecting. Maybe he came off as too immature or maybe unstable, he was dear to you yes, but, overall, he wasn't a very trustworthy presence. It was fine, he was still someone you could come with and talk to when needed, even if most thing you would have to keep to yourself.

But then, the unthinkable happens, the guy dies while trying to rescue you from something you put yourself into. It was mostly an accident but you still feel grief. My question is:

After the shock of loss wore off, would you miss the idea of your godfather and what could have been or the person he was in reality?

I know you said it was AU after OOTP but I can't get over the fact that the story would flow just as well without the guilt of loss and grief. The prophecy is more than enough to set a certain weight over someone's shoulders.

Anyway, Kudos for Harry's reactions to Ron's death.
jumping-jo chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
well that sucked can't believe ron is dead that just sucks
1,933 | « Prev Page 1 .. 119 126 127 128 129