Reviews for The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun
Mummy's little nightmare chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
Interesting first chapter. I shall definitely carry on and am intrigued to see where this story goes. A couple of years late yes but oh well lol.
Guest chapter 102 . 9/21/2013
I loved this story. Loved the plot, the characters and how awesomely it was written. Thank you for publishing it.
aeon-stasis chapter 50 . 3/22/2013
Meh, last twenty chapters not as good. Filler? Or just an excuse to write abou a threesome o_o
aeon-stasis chapter 39 . 3/22/2013
Similarities to the story of Sora and Riku from KH1, as well as references to Ventus and princess of light? Foreshadowing with the story?
aeon-stasis chapter 38 . 3/22/2013
Mickey in this story is very well-written. Zack's unhesitating response is also interesting.
aeon-stasis chapter 30 . 3/22/2013
This explanation of Leon's backstory is deeply tragic touching and makes sense fitting inti the continuity of the games.
aeon-stasis chapter 9 . 3/21/2013
This story really is amazing. The characters are so complex and real. Now kingdom hearts elements come back in.
aeon-stasis chapter 7 . 3/21/2013
Sephiroth (has to be him) here used another way to gain influence over Cloud, but you clearly know your Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. The story is mainly FF characters in Kingdom Hearts setting, then?
aeon-stasis chapter 4 . 3/21/2013
The amount of background and depth even in the small details is impressive. The pacing of the story is great, and the way you built the friendship between the three is just perfect. There's real emotional depth.
aeon-stasis chapter 2 . 3/21/2013
Just starting this story, the writing is brilliant, giving a very real depth to the Final Fantasy characters we know and love in a gritty and authentic retelling of the earliest events of Kingdom Hearts.
EmD23 chapter 102 . 1/30/2013
This was fantastic. I did want to see some things such as Yuffie and Axel (and Lea!) and more on Cloud and Aerith's reunion, but it was great nonetheless.
natcat5 chapter 102 . 1/15/2013
I was reading this fic when it was ongoing. I have no idea when I caught up and how long I was following for...but I think it was a long time. But then I got caught up with school right around all the truly painful chapters. I believe I stopped having time to read new chapters, especially when they piled up. And then I sort of drifted away from the KH fandom as I got more into anime... Basically, I missed the last five or so chapters. And never got a chance to pick them up again.
For no particular reason, this fic sprang into my mind again. I remembered that I hadn't finished it, and I wondered if it was good as I remembered. So I searched through my favorites and decided to reread the first chapter.
It wasn't as good as I remembered.
It was /better/.
Good god, I forgot how amazing this thing was. So very, very good. And what I realized upon actually completing this, is that it's spectacular as a fanfiction because the fic itself is more complete when considered alongside canon. And moreso, the canon events of the game resonate much stronger when considered in terms of this fic. After finishing, I had to go on YouTube and rewatch a few cutscenes. The battle at Radiant Garden was a particular one. And the otherwise humorous scene with Cloud and Leon teasing each other while back to back and about to face a hoard of Heartless is more powerful with this fic. Because Leon's smiling and it shows how far he's come with Yuffie. And Clouds making jokes and while he's still hurting badly he's also healing in his own way. And then the confrontation with Sepiroth, where Tifa says she'll be Cloud's light, almost brought to be tears.
I love Birth By Sleep, but you wrote a much better prologue. You brought people and events together and somehow made the game story better with the backstory you wove for it.
So, uh, yeah. A big ass ball of kudos to you.
ijustwannasay chapter 13 . 9/24/2012
The image you created with Tifa and Yuffie's dance was *takes deep breath* FREAKING AWESOME INDEED. Loved it! Two (oh, look three! Zack's joined in) of my favourites fighting side by side gives me alll sorts of good chills.

Now I'm going to take a moment of silence for the old man with the carving knife, rest his soul. :(
Guest chapter 12 . 9/24/2012
Was that Sora in her visions?

I want to hug and strangle Yuffie all at the same time.

I have a bad feeling that someone is going to die/disappear.

Oh, Tifa! *waves enthusiastically* And here I began to think you had fallen off the face of the earth.

Not even gonna lie, I'm missing the hell out of Cheepy.
Guest chapter 11 . 9/24/2012