Reviews for So There We Were
Yiko Zipper chapter 4 . 12/27/2012
really loved his whoring out in the end! such a baby!
it's okay, mister J, Batman's your best friend, he's just a busy, busy man...
Yiko Zipper chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
oh my lord! the nuclear war thought just killed me!
shit, i'm really looking forward to reading the rest! :D it's fantastic!
Jenicide24 chapter 2 . 8/26/2012
i laughed so hard at this chapter!
Lasgalendil chapter 7 . 11/9/2010
I had to laugh at this. Very, very few people ever manage to portray a good Joker (well, that's not fair since Nolan and Ledger changed our expectations), but the key is getting inside his head. You've done an excellent job, I think, merging the comic and Nolan-verses to get this crazy and yet oh-so-creepy combination. Well done.
E. Edwin chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
This is so in-character; it has such a great joker voice to it. Yay! :D
lovova chapter 7 . 2/10/2010
Is 'Spooky' Scarecrow? Dude 0.0! Sucks to be him right now...

Love the fic, very entertaining _ I only wish the chapters were a little longer...but, then, unless it comes to Batman, Joker -does- have a very short attention span, so I suppose short chapters are in character. Great job!
Angel's Star chapter 6 . 7/30/2009
This was a really good story! Short, but really good and rather funny! I loved how the Joker craved attention. Great job so far! Keep it up!
Lauralot chapter 7 . 7/19/2009
The thing that disturbs me most about all of this, even more than wondering where the Joker got a bag of teeth, is wondering just who is suicidal enough to lecture the Joker about his dental hygiene. Really, that's the least of his problems.

Poor little Scarecrow. I really shouldn't find his suffering every bit as cute as the idea of Joker getting his feelings hurt by being told to brush his teeth.
HoistTheColours chapter 7 . 7/13/2009
Oh my goodness how CREEPY! Dang, I just love your potrayal of the Joker. He's so witty and has such a dark humor about him - it's truly awesome.

These letters are so entertaining to read - I wish they were longer. However, it IS the Joker we're talking about, so he probably doesn't have much time on his hands with all the exploding buildings and face carvings he does. You know, the norm. ;)

I can't believe that "Spooky" is Crane! I feel so bad for him now. I also can't believe that the Joker is going to try feed him teeth. Yuck.

Anyways, this was a wonderful update, thank you for writing this, I was beginning to think that you had given up on this story, but glad to see that you hadn't. [

HoistTheColours chapter 6 . 7/3/2009
Okay, I have to ask. Who is 'Spooky'? Is it a spider? That's really the only animal I can think of that the Joker would have the tolerance to put up with. Although, it very well could be a black cat or something of that nature, possibly . . .

I'm interested to know how his experiment went! Update with another letter, will you? I am loving these!

They are so entertaining to read and as I have said before, I really like the way you write the Joker. He's witty, he's funny, and just a tad bit dark. I like it.

I hope inspiration hits you and that you can update soon. (:

HoistTheColours chapter 5 . 7/3/2009
How very Joker-like that he would give a notice to let people know that he plans to escape. I love that! You did a great job writing this one.

I loved this line: 'They are having French bread pizza Night in the cafeteria so Let’s say m about 45 minutes after dinner?

That Way I have time to properly Digest my meal.' Oh, I just adore the way you write him! You make him sound almost . . . cute. I know I know, it's crazy, right? But I just find his 'dialogue' to be so amusing!

Wonderful job. :D

HoistTheColours chapter 4 . 7/3/2009
Aw! Why am I feeling sorry for the Joker? That is not right! Haha.

I absolutely loved the ending, with all the 'Pay attention to me' lines and their different variations.

Poor Joker just wants Batman to notice him. So cute.

Again, great job with writing this one. I'm really enjoying all these.

HoistTheColours chapter 3 . 7/3/2009
Oh my goodness! This one was hilarious! I love this one, it's probably been my favorite thus far. I love how you made the Joker think that he is just all that and a bag of chips. It's so funny.

'And When you are in the storage room, could you Also return my suspenders? They are Green with white Diamonds on them and they keep my pants from Falling Down.

Imagine the Shame, the Horror, the mental Anguish, should they fall down in a public place. Why, someone could be driven Mad with Lust for my boyish good looks!' -Wow. I was laughing so hard after I read that. I mean, I was totally expecting for the Joker to say something else after that last line. He's so full of himself.

I love how obvious you've made it that the Joker is obessessed with Batman. From the whole, 'I wore these socks especially for you' and 'His little friends don’t appreciate his Sensitive nature like I do,' bit from chapter two. The Clown Prince of Crime is practically head over heels for Batman, but not in a slashy/lustful way.

Oh, and I loved the litte bit about the Joker wanting his potato peeler back. Very funny.

HoistTheColours chapter 2 . 7/3/2009
Ugh. I love how you write the Joker. How very . . . thoughtful of him to send Batman a present . . . which did in fact happen to be a finger, of all things. (I wonder who that belonged to.) Wow, the Joker just has such a twisted and warped sense of humor.

You write that well. Good job, once again.

HoistTheColours chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Wow! This is such a great idea - and even better? It's wonderfully written!

I really like the random captilization of words, it seems like something the Joker might do.

This was probably my favorite line: 'And Batman, he’s doing his usual Glare and Scowl routine at me.

And then he goes off about Justice and Clenched Fists and Furrowed Brows,' -Very amusing.

I also liked this part as well: 'He didn’t need to Throw me into the Baptistery like That and mess up my Makeup like That and ruin my New Suit like That.' -For some reason, I really like the fact that you made the Joker repeat 'like that' three times. I don't know why, I just like it, so I thought I would tell you.

Great job so far, I can't wait to read the next chapter!