Reviews for Villain: The Epilogue
Violet Lilypuff chapter 15 . 4/13/2014
... what the heck?
r4inn3 chapter 15 . 6/15/2013
is that seriously the end?
oh my gosh no!
you gotta make a sequel or... or... or imma kill somebody!
i want more!
and why the hell did buttercup die?
wasn't she suppose to star in this whole thing?
but anyways, this was overall awesomeness!
and i love it
seriously you should make a sequel...
i love it!
Guest chapter 15 . 10/17/2012
I really loved how blossom died because she didnt want to give awaythe neckalace buttercup gave her that was really beautiful :D i also liked the little flashbacks blossom had great job!
The Magic Pocket Turtle chapter 15 . 9/22/2012
Ah, I can't believe it took me so long to finish this! I an honestly say that I really enjoyed it, and I did not expect the ending at all. It's a bit of a pity that Bubbles/Candy ends up being relegated to "sacraficial lamb" both times, but it's still a good story!
ExoticaFatigue chapter 10 . 4/7/2012
Oh my god I think I just fell in love with this story its so heart breaking emotional sad SUSPENCE! *Crys* Its so sad.. horror all the bad things mixed in one its just so.. so sad BRAVO BRAVO! Your a epic author be proud...
Demon King Piccolo chapter 15 . 3/29/2012
Very interesting story (both the original Villain and the Epilogue); I can see why your stories are so popular. Great story!
angelspawn chapter 15 . 9/17/2011
you made me want to cry with this story

i give you a standing ovation

a story with a neutral ending

not all the way happy and not all the way sad

Incy Little Spider chapter 15 . 7/31/2011
Just sayin' i quickly take back everything i said about candy. She turned out just as awesome as her sisters.

Really to mindblown to say anything worthwhile...just...you win a million internets. and just...wow. XD

(burning down the house was soo epic. david byrne would be proud. :D)

you talented person, you. :)
DmanZ chapter 15 . 7/29/2011
Been meaning to review this awhile ago. But better late than never.

I'm just gonna review the entire series here as I didn't review the Original Villain.

Man oh man. This series. Probably the best PPG fanfintion that I've ever read. I also have to admit, the stories were the first major reasons for me to join the site. I was hooked on them the first chapter and it's been quite the journey. So many words to describe them. Shocking, tragic, sad, emotional, amazing.

The original Villain was by far the best use of hero to villain I've ever seen. And all the plots and subplots to it made me itch with anxiety and excitement. and the ending was just perfect.

And of course the epilogue was the perfect way to backup that ending. I don't normally like OCs, but the new PPG was so dynamic here. I could really feel for them. And not to mention the Jojo here. So sad to see such an amazing character go like that. But it was the perfect fuel to further Cat. And the fact that Blossom died in a bank robbery to protect an item given to her by her (former) sister is such irony. A former hero dying in a common(?) robbery. So sad. But what's more sad is that in her death for that necklace, it showed that she either still cared in some way for her sister or she missed those old times.

I'm just gonna end it off here, I'm writing too much now. Great series. Great characters. Great plot. Great ending.
DefendAtlantis chapter 15 . 7/22/2011
Sorry for the late review, I haven't been on my computer lately, so I'm trying to review this now before the thunder comes.

Whoa, I did not see the ending coming. I did suspect Cat still being alive, since Jojo still lived at the end of the original, but I didn't expect Cherry to be the one to step in for her in the war. I thought that Blossom and Jojo would make up at one point but the fact that Cherry and Cat maintain what their parents didn't, was enough for me. There were so many ways this story could've gone, and it was interesting to see the final outcome.

What else is there to say except the ending was great, and I can't wait to see what you'll write next, as well as what else will be added to the community.
Groudon202 chapter 15 . 7/16/2011
Okay. That was a... startling ending.

I'm going to do something rather startling, even for me. I'm going to review the whole story now as though I was reviewing a book, or a movie. And I'll try to make this review as witty and as realistic as possible. Also, I'm not speaking to the author here, but to the readers of this review. Here goes:

REVIEW START

You never used to underestimate the quotient of Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup, the three little girls with superpowers who regularly save the world before bedtime on the Cartoon Network series 'The Powerpuff Girls,' but after Villain came along and changed everything by turning one to the dark side, killing off one and turning the last normal, you realized that they could go to all new lengths.

Now we have the follow-up to Villain, titled Villain: Epilogue (why they didn't call it Villains for the Alien & Predator reference is beyond me, but never mind). Following the creation of three new Puffs, Cherry (counterpart of Blossom), Candy (Bubbles) and Cat (Buttercup), the war staged between good and evil had been going on for 8 years since they were created, held off of their hometown by Jojo (formally Buttercup), as she's hoping she too can have one of them become a villain, just as she did for her semi-biological dad, Mojo Jojo (who returns briefly in a few widely creative ghost sequences that, despite the similarity to Star Wars, are in a world of their own).

Considering that, like most stories of it's type, it deviates majorly from the original work, it's does itself justice well. The writing style is snazzy, not quite as biased as Villain's POV tone, but still enough that you find yourself actually rooting for the bad guys, as opposed to sub-standard action movies (AKA Armageddon) where you simply find the bad guys the most interesting of the characters. The side villains don't make as many on-scene appearances as they should, and only one or two get speaking cameos, but I guess you can't miss what you never had!

Villain: E is enjoyable, if nothing less. The supposed death of a immortal demon just before Act III in Villain might have left this a bit standard, but when said demon returns (not appearing physically, only speaking through possessed people, I might add), it allows for some brief twists before it is simply used as a powerful plot device.

We all knew that Villain was going to end with the bad guys winning. As such, I expected the good guys to win at the end of this, or perhaps a draw, certainly not the bad guys winning again. In truth, the ending is neither, probably closest to the latter option, but so unique that I had to re-read it a few times to understand it fully. Perhaps it's trying to teach us an important lesson? Heaven knows most uncultured fanfiction readers need to look outside romance-driven fics, and this one is a good one to start, after the first Villain, of course.

As a story, Villain: Epilogue does it's bets with what it's got. In terms of analyzing it, it's equal with the first. While I gave the first a perfect score, I find myself giving this just a mark lower. Don't get me wrong, I did love it, just not as much as the first. Perhaps the lack of Mojo and Him for all but a few scenes? Or maybe it was too far off from the original canon?

It doesn't matter. Even if the simultaneously simple and complicated story doesn't do you any favors, Villain: E is worth reading simply for the fun. My only real quibble is: why so many female characters? Hardly any males at all, and a bit too many females are gay, but never mind. Also the opportunity for a monster tornado was totally missed. Am I the only one who finds Stratos, as well as Pyros, wildly cool?

Score: 9/10, A-

REVIEW END

Hope you liked all the wit in that! The ending was quite a twist one that, like Inception, it left me confused. Risky move on the type of ending, but it paid off!

I'm glad to see more people writing fics based off of this! Makes me want to write my own one about Mojo quicker.
TomboyIsAwesome chapter 15 . 7/15/2011
Wow, I mean, wow. I thought that Cat will give up of being a villain. Cat and Cherry should go to her funeral! It's sad that Blossom died and Butte-I mean, Jojo, didn't make up. But it made me happy that Blossom still love her sister and didn't give up that necklace. I was waiting like forever(even though it's only 3 days) for you to update this chapter. I even couldn't sleep at night! Great chapter, but not so happy ending. But its great that Cherry and Cat make up but they're evil. I LOVE this story. I was thinking if I can join your community...
S.G chapter 15 . 7/15/2011
YAY! VILLIAN'S FOR LIFE! Finally blossom died! stubborn bit*h! Glad Joey appeared i love her.*Sniff* SO SAD SHE'S GONE!*Sob*

PLEASE MAKE MORE FICS! I need you! The whole fandom NEEDS YOU! Deliver us from the EVIL of badly written Romance fics!

I will continue to re-read this.

PPG YURI FOR EVA!
packman23 chapter 15 . 7/15/2011
Well when I began to read this ending I thought you were insane, to a certain extent I still think that but by the end I think I understood more, it's a shame I think that such good people can make such horrendous mistakes but I'm glad that they still have some family. This is an unusual fic, you see normally superheroes when it is pointed out that they were never given a choice freak out, go evil, then see that they have to do good or want to do good or something and go back so it's interesting to see you avert that.

I guess my main problem is Cherry, this girl is freaking out because she killed a person, she spent two years in solitude presumably to punish herself for this and now she wants to kill hundreds. You haven't put to fine a point on it but that's the difference, Leticia's family was put in prison, those soldiers, the people of the cities Jojo attacked, the children at Neighbourville school, they're dead that's the difference and I just find it so hard to believe that someone like Cherry would take up that mantle. Personally I think she'd hold a more mellow version of Blossom's view, not hiding because she's angry with Cat but because she's angry with herself, trying to punish herself for what she believes wrong, seeing her like this anything beyond the first helping Cat just feels odd.

I guess I also find it hard to believe that there's only one known superhero when chemical X automatically creates superheroes when added to any combination of condiments and trash it sounds like either side could just raise an army of temporary superheroes (after all the Professor made the girls in his basement).

Still I guess that it's refusal to submit to my opinions and beliefs is what makes this fic so interesting, it amazes me, it annoys me and it intrigues me with every chapter. It doesn't always make sense to me what you do with your characters given who they are (I think this is the first time I've yelled character-derailment about OCs) but that just shows how much I've gotten into your fic, how strongly I believe in who the characters are and how much I've thought about this fic. It's wonderful that I can post a review like this about everything and that I don't just gush because it's a recommended fic.

You made me think, rant and applaud. I salute you Yay Ninja Bob, a brilliant story and who knows one day I might have to add to that community of yours. Thank you for the story, it was a good read which never took the easy way out.
nightmaster000 chapter 15 . 7/14/2011
interesting so Cherry becomes a villain in the end and Blossom dies in a bank robbery didn't see that coming all in all not a bad ending this was truly a great story