Reviews for Conversation With Killers
Starlit Skyline chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Okay, I'm getting addicted to your stories because their SERIOUSLY AMAZING!
Skyrere chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
I love Jiraiya too. and this gives me a touch of understanding for orochimaru.
he's a bastard that we love to hate...
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
a fascinating character study. i find it interesting how orochimaru considers jiraiya his moral compass.
Shekiah Rosay chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
I love these two as close friends. :) Orochimaru would be a good friend to have... at least until he lost it. But you know, I kind of feel like it was experiences like that one that made him go crazy and leave and start experimenting on people... I'm kind of rambling. But I liked your characterizations here. Favorite!
Lil-lo chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
I love the thought processes you must go on to come up with your work. This is a highlight of darkness courted with humanity,and I love that you can put Orochimaru in a situation where we can seevthat humanity without detracting from the fact that this man is a brutal killer. In the same token, I haven't thought of Sarutobi as cruel (yet) but I'm sure that if I really sat down and thought about things I would. I am on the level of feeling like for his supposed position he has greatly failed Naruto and I do resent him sometimes.
Jeff the Atheist chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
Loved this one too. As for Jiraiya hating Sarutobi, maybe a AU universe where Jiraiya starts to discover all of the Third's dirty little secrets when Orochimaru leaves, but that's all I've got.
Maerchen Freunde chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
I love your take on the relationship between the three. A strong and complicated bond. I agree, Sarutobi is not the dear sweet man he seems. Even his own son has to get away to find a better purpose. And didn't Danzou and the whole Root business happen on his watch? Perhaps Jiraiya could hate him because the boy Minato and Jiraiya both left with Sarutobi to protect was neglected and left to wander around a village shunned and mistreated. Again, the darkness of Naruto is very compelling, isn't it? By the way, I don't think enough people read your stories. You really are a good writer. M
SammyQuill chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
You know, I'm really starting to like your portrayal of Sarutobi - and I can totally appreciate it too because when I first started writing in a similar way about a really well liked character in the Harry Potter universe (and started favoring an Orochimaru-like one), I got a lot of shit from people saying I had a personal vendetta and so on. but I'm glad to see I finished the stories, proved my point and even had a few people say it had changed they way they thought.

So yeah, in short, a really awesome job. Oh, and I love Jiraiya too, anywhere, anytime too. XD
of815 chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Man, I love these kinds of fan fiction. You really do get into the personalities of these characters and knock it outta the park. Nice work.
Bre Henson chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Orochimaru being portrayed as being able to care, and Jiraiya not being obsessed with woman; love it! :)

Excellent story!
Lindsey chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
Amazing, as usual. You're fast becoming one of my favorite author's on all of .

I think that Jiraiya would probably have some animosity towards Sarutobi regarding the whole Naruto/orphan thing. One would THINK that a child's Godfather would be allowed to raise him once his parents died (especially if said parent was the godfather's former student). And yet Jiraiya seems to have been absent from Naruto's life until the age of 12...

Sure there was the whole chasing Akatsuki thing, but I like to think the even a vagabond like Jiraiya would lay root to care for the child of his (probably) favorite student. Especially since he was honored by the kid being named after the main character in his first book. I dunno... just a thought...

Keep up the good (read: marvelous) work!
AngeloftheOdd chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
I love how the two play off each other in conversation. The ending is just somehow sad and almost bitter-sweet. You really get the feeling that in their younger days, there truly was a deep connection of friendship between the two. Beautiful work as always _

AngeloftheOdd
Lady Barbossa329 chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
I'm like you. I love Jiraiya at any age, any time period, any time, any place. Great story! I loved it! Keep up the good work! :)

~Lady Barbossa329
IbisGhost chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
oops. I just realized I didn't review this one. What an interesting idea that Jiraiya is Orochimaru's moral compass. And that Jiraiya is the softie...I did enjoy this, and loved the little details like the beer and the lack of good medical supplies.

Oh, and looking back at the Manga for some Tsu/Oro interactions (3 guesses why), I noticed something. When Jiraiya tracks Tsunade down, she's crass about Sarutobi and Jiraiya really doesn't seem to like it. I bet he's the only one of the three who always loved the old man...
XxRabidxRabbitxX chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
o I really like this story, you did a good job keeping jiraiya and oro in character! D