Reviews for Surprise
Sophia Angelia chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Oh... My... God...
This, sir or ma'am, is art. THIS IS A GOOD STORY! It's simply flawless, and the ending is beautiful. It totally shatters all of my headcannons. I see where you would come to such a conclusion, but how would you explain Black Mesa? I guess, if the world is entirely the asylum patient's creation, then Black Mesa and the events in the Half Life series are entirely possible with this headcannon. But Chell was self-aware, so that means she's a patient, too. Humm... Things to ponder over...
Riolutae chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Woah...that was epic. I'm too stunned to say much else...
Omega the Omniscient chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Very nice portrayal of GLaDOS and Chell. The latter's fear was palpable and the parallels you drew between the former and a mental patient make too much sense. The closing line was priceless. 8)
darkdigidestined chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
that was good
The Great Susinko chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
I love it! I love this alternate ending to the original Portal! Thank you for writng it!
Darkmagekari chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
I remember reading another story that also noted that GLaDOS' pose is very much like a woman in a straight jacket. It really makes you think more deeply about her and the position the scientist at aperture have put her in. I really like the little details in this story. Her twitching back and forth for example painted the perfect scene. I feel that Chell was a little out of character, she had not a trace of her infamous tenacity. While her character can be plausibly mentally ill, I feel like you bent her personality a bit to fit the story. I really did like the concept tho. And really, I had a lot of fun reading this short little story.
infinityphoenix chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
I liked the cake. Is was nice to know it wasn't a lie.

I also liked the ties you made that connected Apurture to an insane asylum. Particularly with GLaDOS in a straitjacket. I'm a bit surprised you didn't mention the drawings of the actual scizophrenic paitent though.

I'll add this to my favorites. Thanks for sharing.
mreader chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
short but sweet. Love the twist at the end.
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
You just blew my mind.
Struthious chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
I love it - you got the characters just right, and the atmosphere is spot-on.
LVJ chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Hello t260g. I have just finished reading your story called surprise; and I would just like to say that this story is one of the best I have read on this site and that I rilly like how it was done. The story it"s self was belivabel, as was the potrail of the chariacters. Aswell I rilly liked that you did not fall into the trap of thinking that GLaDOS is "evil" all in all well done.
winterbailee chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
A really nice alternate ending. I thought it was good and descriptive, and somehow you could really get a sense of what it was like if the game was real to just stand in front of GLaDOS and see her torment you. (What I wasn't expecting, I must say, was the cake falling out...)

Excellent story, I was actually hoping there'd be more! :)
AdvanceShipper4Eva chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Yay!

She finally got the cake... Do you know how many fics I've gone through to find one where Chell gets her cake?

How can GLaDOS teach anyone how to be likable? She killed the Aperture Science Employees with Deadly Neurotoxins because she didn't have that godforsaken morality core!
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Ha ha! Love it! Especially GLaDOS's line about how dumb Chell looks. Great stuff.
Kathryn Shadow chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
-squeak-

I enjoyed this. Quite a lot, actually. Well done.