Reviews for Breathing Slowly
Tobee chapter 1 . 11/1
I hate Sakura and Sasuke
Poor Karin
0037 chapter 1 . 7/13
There's really no way to romanticize what Sasuke and Sakura did and make it OK. If Sasuke and Sakura are so in love, Sasuke shouldn't have married Karin in the first place. At the very least, they could've had the decency to formalize a divorce before getting together. "I let him go too" says Sakura about Sasuke and Karin's marriage, as she blatantly continued to have an affair with Sasuke after he's married. The "love" portrayed here fails to be cute or romantic when it involves treating other people like crap to get your own gratification. You did a great job in showing a grittier and more realistic portrayal of love. While there are plenty of stories that laud the idea of being loyal to your love interest and putting him or her first at all costs, this fic does a fantastic job of demonstrating how that mentality is not morally sound and can blind your sense of basic decency and respect toward other people. Normally anyone who's an obstacle to the main pairing is villainized in order to dehumanize them and make it OK to do horrible things to this enemy-to-true-love. I appreciated your sympathetic Karin because there are a lot of stories that romanticize the whole "male finds nicer girl than his currently bitchy girlfriend" trope (which really begs the question of "Why are they dating in the first place?"), and I felt like yours was a more realistic take on affairs. I have to say though, your Karin is probably much kinder and much more gracious than most people would be in that situation. A situation in which literally the only thing she was doing wrong was existing because god forbid someone inconvenience the extramarital affair of true love.
reminiscingthepast chapter 1 . 6/25
I wish this was longer :( it's that goooood. Thank u
Guest chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE FANFICS EVER. Also, I love how Karin was depicted here - not the TOTAL bitch kind at all! And, that's quite refreshing hehe. ANYWAYS, THIS IS A CLASSIC
cj-the-fool chapter 1 . 9/28/2014
I love sakura haruno. I was so glad that in this story sakura was not being cheated on.
Trisha chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
I'm staring to like Karin just a tiny bit..but I still think she's a huge *****. But she is (just a little) better. Just a little bit..
hans chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
I hope karin will end up with suigestu :D
RobinSparkelz chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
I read this and its absolutely amazing. The level of angst and heart wrenching pain and love just.. Gripped me. I felt so sad after I read this, the angst was heartbreaking. It is a absolutely gorgeous piece. I appreciate Karin now and I love her, but I also love SasuSaku. Still so painfully beautiful.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
I don't know. I've read this countless times but I still feel hurt for Karin. Damn, I still couldn't stop myself from hating Sasuke and Sakura. Selfish, really. If they loved each other so damn much that they couldn't afford living without one another, then why hadn't they married in the first place? They just had to go and involve someone else who clearly was very devoted to her marriage. I mean, to see your spouse cheating on you so blatantly, not even denying it nor trying to hide it, is death in itself and to endure that for years, god, there's just so much heartache that someone could take. That's commitment right there. And Sasuke, the self-absorbed bastard never even gave the marriage a chance. He married her for God's sake, might as well make it work, right? But no! He had to sleep with another woman and would not even show a single ounce of remorse for it. What the hell? And whatever babble Sakura may say, it would never change the fact that she helped in destroying a marriage, slept with a married man, and devastated said married man's wife in the process. And as far as I know, if you do that, in love or not, you're a mistress, a home wrecker. They're just really so fucking selfish.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
Sasuke's still a jerk. If he wasn't gonna let Sakura go even if he's married, why didn't he just marry Sakura in the first place? That's horrible.

P.S. If canon Sasuke is gonna end up with a girl, I would like that to be Karin. Not because I hate Sakura, I just want Lee-kun with her (I don't know why I like them together).
berryboom chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
Karin. Dude. I'd never ever felt sympathy for her but now I do, and I always knew she and Sasuke weren't meant for each other. So yeah, you kinda explained that in your story. Just in so beautiful words. And style. Lovedlovedloved it.
AnonymousEmotions chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
This story was really touching and I think you made everything so real and well I think you made my hate for Karin go down just a little
Majik513 chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
This actually made me feel really bad for Karin. Usually she's portrayed as a slutty bitch who wants to steal poor defenseless Sakura-chan's boyfriend, but she's really not all that bad.
You are absolutely amazing. I almost hated Sakura- and Sasuke.
(... But we all know thats not possible. :D)

Gosh. I totally heart Jace and I love the Mortal Instruments series, but... I didnt catch it. D:
Guest chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
sasuke140 chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
aww that was so sweet yet sad i loved it, I'm not that much of a karin fan but i don't like bashing her either, so your story was perfect