Reviews for Roses Grow
gaybro chapter 1 . 3/1/2015
i would kick chuchu out if i was about to do the dirty with my gf tbh
FuzzySandwitch chapter 23 . 9/23/2014
An amazing interpretation of the series and the characters. They're all gloriously complicated, and you forgive no one for their past crimes, but also never forget their potential for good and the ability to learn and grow. Utena's voice is spot on, but what I think I enjoy most is your Anthy. Such a complicated, tortured, sinister, but hopeful character (at least here). Your interpretation of the symbolism in the anime is just as wonderfully complicated.

I think one of the strongest qualities of this fic is how you've continued the theme from the anime that you're never quite sure what is dream or reality, symbolism or hard "truth".

A truly wonderful fic!

Thank you!
BunnyHeartMedicine chapter 23 . 5/13/2014
Ikuhara would be so proud
Drake Azure Saber chapter 23 . 2/25/2014
You are an absolute deity of writing this is THE best story I've seen be it fanfiction or published I don't know how this and thorns wither haven't been brought to life through another series or as two movie sequels to the original now excuse me while I go and build a temple in it honour and start drawing fan art for this rather than do my art coursework that really needs doing :D
HollaHills chapter 23 . 4/25/2013
I was rereading this and I can't believe I've forgotten what a wonderful story this is! I read this long ago and haven't seen much of you on fanfiction recently but I hope you'll eventually pick thorns wither back up
Rin chapter 23 . 3/26/2013
Wow! The best Utena fic I ever read! You just inspired me to rewatch the series! :D
eggdog chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
I read the entire story on EM in one night. Great! I adore Utena and Anthy together. I really enjoyed it, looking forward to reading all of the sequel :D
Inprimense2 chapter 13 . 11/15/2010
Wow! I was on the edge of my seat for this chapter. Love your work.
Anonymous chapter 18 . 9/10/2010
I have to admit, though you don't always capture the feel of the show, you certainly succeeded with this chapter. The visual elements truly felt like they came straight from the show. Well done, and thank you for showing such a great show such respect in your work.
awriterscorned chapter 17 . 8/27/2010
Oh my God I love that you used the horses in the opening sequence in the actual fic. Great.
awriterscorned chapter 15 . 8/27/2010
This is most likely the best Utena fic I've read. I really like it so far, you have the complexity of the characters down so well. I'm watching the series a second time, maybe after that I'll brave a fanfic but it is very hard to do Utena well I think.

I like the discussion about victim-blaming and the idea that enjoying parts of it don't mean it's your fault or that you deserved it. I also like the way Utena looking at Anthy triggers her memories of Akio. You have the subtleties of survivorhood down well also. Nice work.
awriterscorned chapter 3 . 6/12/2010
NICE:

"The idiot has eyes," muttered Saionji.

"Beautiful eyes," amended Touga.

I'm interested to see where you'll take this.
GlacierBlueRose chapter 22 . 4/25/2010
Great story! Definitely one of my favorites! Keep up the wonderful job!
GlacierBlueRose chapter 17 . 4/25/2010
I know that scene! It's in the opening credits! Great chapter! Flawless imagery as always.
GlacierBlueRose chapter 12 . 4/22/2010
Wow. Great detail in that chapter! My heart still hurts from Anthy trying to pull out Utena's heartsword! I'm really enjoying the story so far.