Reviews for Nominis Expers
silfursvik chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
that was chillingly AMAZING! beautifully written! brilliant job! that was great. I LOVED it!
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
Wow, this is surely one original story with an interesting take on Hoggle's tale. I like how you introduce the characters at the beginning then have their relationship transform into something completely different by the end. Jareth's character here is perfect. I think it is a good idea that you have Hoggle thinking back to the memories while still dealing with his decision in the present. Another good thing about this piece is that earlier in the story you mentioned that Hoggle felt jealous towards his sisters, "And lastly – he was among things very, very, selfish." then at the end have him make the selfish decision. Very good choice characterwise.
Marylouue chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Really cool, I wouldn't've expected a Jareth/Hoggle ship to be so entertaining. Good work :).
ImJessieTR chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
I surely enjoyed this...

I thought that, while Hoggle basically re-doing the Labyrinth was a tad cliche, the ending more than made up for it.
damsel-in-stress chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
Finis! Hoggle! Oh's so dramatic! So intense! So absolutely hilarious!

A stroke of pure genius!

I salute you!
veganwrocker chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
Very thought-provoking. I love fics that make you consider more minor characters and think about what their pasts may have looked like.
Nonsuch chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
First of all, accept my apologies for taking so long to review. I promised one and have been quite late with the actual delivery!

I thought this piece was very good; you made the entire situation very believable and wrote it in a way that didn’t exploit the pairing for shock value, which was how I originally imagined the story would turn out.

You wrote Jareth particularly well, you made all of his dialogue convincing and highly characteristic.

I found your reference to the variation of the ‘Labyrinth’ book the human Hoggle had one of the most interesting aspects of the story, the idea that specific types of people (apparently the emotionally vulnerable and selfish) are ‘targeted’ with versions of the story that are tailored to appeal to them is a fascinating one.

I did notice a few grammatical errors and some slight awkwardness of phrasing; I hope you don’t mind me pointing them out:

“More of then than not leading towards one of his past.”

I think you mean ‘them’ instead of ‘then’ here.

“They had enough to live by on comfortably”

I think ‘they had enough to live on comfortably’ would sound better here.

“Why had things seemed so much easier in the book.”

This sentence should end with a question mark.

Very good work! Keep it up!
blurrybrains and Freddy chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
Poor Hoggle. Though it would explain why they seem to like each other so very much in the film. Plus, I like how the story jumps back and forth in time. It made the memories seem just a bit more gloomy.

...And if Hoggle was a human once, then what about the other creatures of the Labyrinth? Ludo, Didymus, the worm? They might not be bitter like Hoggle, but I could very well imagine more of those creatures being runners who failed. Maybe they just don't remember, at all.
Icklekins chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
I got the distinct feeling of a 'Spirited Away' moment there at the end, how Hoggle became Jareth's slave since Jareth took his name. I'd like to see, perhaps, as a continuation of this story, someone who remembered him from however long ago who remembered his name come and speak it, and how that would affect Jareth and his relationship, and perhaps, how things would turn out if he were a little older, a little wiser, but perhaps... still in love with the Goblin King?

Nicely written, and I think if you wanted to continue it, you'd make a nice little ending to your story.
Elfique chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Very very interesting indeed and you definately gave the idea justice. I think it makes it more credible/serious that its not Jareth being equally in love with him - I think its there when people start to get humourous or tasteless. I'd definately like to see more of this, it could go anywhere from here and I want to know where!
AmericanWoman chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
So, you finally did it, you... you...

Yack! The picture of Hoggle in the oubliette with Jareth whispering enticingly is his ear was disturbing. Even though he was still in his human (?) form, all I could picture was Hoggle the dwarf.

Well, this puts a different spin on why Hoggle was so determined to avoid Jareth in the movie, broken heart and dreams and all that. If only he hadn't been so selfish. If you do another chapter, maybe you could tell us what happened to his sisters?

When I was reading it, I had the expectation that he would lose and offer himself in his sisters' stead. No dice, huh? Greedy, greedy Hoggle. (What WAS his name, btw?)
OceanFae chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
Wow... That was really good. She was right, that was the first (vaguely) sexy J/H fic I have ever read... that king is a right Bastard (with a capital B) aint he?
notwritten chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Enjoyable and interesting chapter. Thanks for sharing. Keep smiling. :-) Can we have more please!
Ripper101 chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
It's so lovely to see the first Hoggle/Jareth story up, and I have to congratulate you on getting it out so quickly.

Given the complications of the pairing, I think this has started really well. I do have a few issues with certain things, but I think you've definitely got a good concept here. I loved the fact that Hoggle and Sarah become a parallel, and that we get a complete reversal of Jareth halfway through the story. The cruelty of the changing made me shiver, I must say! _

But! There are a couple of things I'd advise you to address. The grammar and sentence structures were a little out of whack at the start. For instance:

"When Hoggle's drink would be emptied..."

It should probably be "When Hoggle's drink was emptied..." Better yet, "When Hoggle's glass was empty..." or "When Hoggle's drink was gone..." or "When Hoggle's glass had been emptied..."

Something along those lines. I'm sure you can do it better yourself.

Another thing I did initially find a bit awkward was the narrative voice at the start. I'm happy to say this corrected itself by the time it got to the important bits.

I personally found the interweaving scenes a bit hard to follow but that was probably my stupidity. Particularly the part with the tea. Each scene was very visual and they worked on their own, but because they were such small bits, with the asides about things not being quite what you would expect, it got a bit hard to keep up with the storyline and the detail you'd put in.

However, having said all that, I wouldn't mind reading another chapter if you've got it, if only because I *really* want to know what Hoggle's real name is! And whether that would change anything.
Lixxle chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Well, you did it! You made sexy Jareth/Hoggle slash which, frankly, is quite an accomplishment.

Though please Kore-use your powers for good rather than evil. I don't mind you renting out the Area for the odd Hoggle oneshot, but remember that it has "PROPERTY OF SARAH" tattooed across the front.

And just say no to Jareth/Ludo, Jareth/Firey, and Jareth/poultry slash. Really. No.

*Lixxle runs off to wash her brain out with bleach after imagining Jareth/Ludo adult-type touching*