Reviews for Shades of Life
TheGirlOnFire464 chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
This is amazing. It's my third time reading this fic and it never bores me.
distantmuse chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
I would have never thought that such a creative and touching story could come from the topic of nail polish! Beautiful, sad, touching, heartbreaking, and funny. Loved this.
chibii67 chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
It was so sad and beautiful ;_; and the colors, they amused me as well *wonders about buying an aqua one*

Wilson and Cuddy, gosh they should be together, I don't know why, they just fit perfectly well.

Loved it *almost choking in tears*

ByeBye
Cleavage Queen chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
Damn you! Now I'm sitting here trying so hard not to whimper quietly in the corner! Drat Drat Drat but this was GOOD!

What a beautiful way to tell the story. I love the short drabbleness of each colour and the flow is so even and sucks you in before you realise it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go paint my nails with that god awful purple I bought for a friends wedding (it turned out to be a really nice shade and went well with the dresses...)
Prinzack chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
That was very beautiful and very well written.
Watch on the left chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Dude. This almost made me cry.

/applauds

Wuddy for the win!
Mooncatcher chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
I really love this plot idea-how the revelancy of such a mundance household object can chart out so much of their lives.

(Not mention it was beautifully charted out: fantastic writing skills, interesting sentences, and ohsolovelily done.)
TheYummyPencil chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
(sob, sob, sniff, sniff) Gha! Damn it. You’ve gone and unleashed the sappy romantic in me! And that is no easy accomplishment, considering I hate ‘The Notebook’ and all things Valentines’ Day. I LOVE how you wrote their life together, so sweet and understated. The one-shot itself wasn't exceedingly long, but I felt as if I was traveling through the years with them. Really wonderful. Although I must say, some of those colors sounded seriously garish...
Silent Ayame chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
I loved this. I loved this. I really, really loved this. I cried at the end. Wanna know why? Because your outline for this short story was so... casual. It was a sublte fast-forward through a man's serenity and well-being. I'm gonna save this fic and read it whenever I have a James Wilson obsessive moment.

I loved your "colored chapters" that you incorporated to guide the parts of your story. At first I was confused by them, but after I read the context after each color, I understood what they were there for. It was a WONDERFUL idea. It flowed really well, fortunately for your story.

Again, I really, sincerely loved this story. You did a BRILLIANT job of getting inside Wilson's head.

Kudos!

Mehek
Duckie Nicks chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
I can't believe you killed Wilson and Cuddy off! They're supposed to live forever, lol. Seriously though... this is a sweet little piece that you've written. In a way, I think it's almost the perfect way to interpret the prompt. You really did a great job of juxtaposing something so small like what color nail polish she's wearing and all the big things like a first date or giving birth.

My favorite part is where she paints Wilson's nails. Cuddy's perfectly impish in that vignette - I love it.
starkidtw chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
Beautiful and tender, great work!