Reviews for Changing of the Winds
Saturnblue chapter 14 . 12/19/2014
It's great for Harry have emotional and physical support unlike Dumbledore who only interest in the war effort less in the well being of said child under his so called loving care. The professors didn't do their jobs either all if not most judge him based on who his parents or his title as the boy-who-lived is and not the effort of himself as a orphan. Most if not all only see a famous person and forget that HE IS StILL A CHILD who is orphaned at age of one. Most if not all not willing to stand up for him and single him out like the students. The mass of the people of the wizard world didn't care who they hurt as long as they got what they wanted and willing to bend a child who they only care about his title and willing to forget He is a child to achieve their own ends. Dumbledor is a adult when the reporter told bunch lies to the mass he should of tried to protect Harry from such backlash but he didn't do his job. He let them have a piece of him without remorse.

What they fail to see or willing to forget is that Harry James Potter is a child raised by muggles and he know nothing about wizard world. He should be protected and not be single out just because who he may related to. It doesn't mean he is exactly like his parents since they never raise him and he doesn't remember them except for the part where they got killed. With friends like Ronald Weasely, and Hermione Granger both have self confidence issues did not help Harry one bit except made him bend to their will of comfort. With the way how Dulsey treated and raised Harry it didn't help his self-esteem either to dealt with the masses. None of them willing to see past who Harry may be or who he related to especially Minvera who saw what the Dulsey family is like and didn't bother to check on him like she should of with doubt about this type of family to leave Harry into without a by your leave. She blindly follow Dumbledore's suggestion or order without delay to even think of the consequences of her inactions to this type of situation. She still willing to single out a student and judge him baseless.

I have a question why did Harry acted zoom out when fighting bunch of death eaters that he couldn't tell allies from enemies until his adopted mom told him otherwise? (this happens when they held a conference) Isn't dangerous to be like that and what happens if he were to fight side by side with allies will he mistake it for enemies while fighting or he have some ways like the aura of the person to tell who is a death eater and who isn't?

Ron probably realized this improved Harry is not the old Harry who willing to sacrifice his own happiness for the sake of others. Hermione may be a lot of things but she still have some issues with information gathering or who she willing to man handle to get it. It kind of remind me a milder version of that bug reporter. It's great to see Severus able to lift that blind fold from his eyes to see reality not live in the past. What happened to remus is he still in the mission of convincing the werewolves to join the light?
Fluffy-luvr chapter 14 . 1/26/2014
What a refreshingly different take on the potter life. _

looking forward to what's to come.

Go Go SevxHarry 3
Dontgotaclue88 chapter 14 . 10/2/2013
Oh my gawd! Laughed so hard! Love this! Looking forward to your next update! ;)
Tommy14 chapter 14 . 9/2/2013
Wonderful coming out for Harry. Thanks for the update.
Tommy14 chapter 8 . 9/2/2013
I am enjoying your story. It was intriguing that Severus was so attracted to the smell of the potion with Harry's hair in it...kind of reminded me of what the Amortentia potion smells like to a person.
Mashkai30 chapter 14 . 6/29/2013
notsofrilly chapter 14 . 6/1/2013
I never liked Ron.
DeceptionsMistriss chapter 14 . 4/13/2013
please update soon? i love it so far.
Bloody dawn chapter 14 . 3/28/2013
I like the way harry handles his interactions with the "old coot" can't wait to read next chapter
aliengirlguy chapter 14 . 3/21/2013
i enjoyed the scene between minerva and sev, nicely done.
My Alternate Reality chapter 14 . 3/19/2013
Great story. I love how Dumbles is failing at his attempts to manipulate! Can't wait to find out what happened to Draco!
My Alternate Reality chapter 6 . 3/19/2013
Snape needs to get a grip, lol!

I am afraid he told Hermione to much...I hope they don't try to find him there!
redstickbonbon chapter 14 . 3/18/2013
I am sooo happy I clicked on your story. From the summary, I wrongfully assumed the 'someone outside the wizarding world' was someone from Surrey, so I was a little hesitant to open it (not sure why exactly I was hesitant). Once I opened your story and began reading, I was thrilled when I recalled reading this story at one point, and the more I read, the more I remembered I truly enjoyed it.

I love that Harry was rescued by such caring people. The way you described him talking things through, as well as the way he self-evaluated, was done extremely well. Weaving that into his time with the Folk, and his time on the island made his 'therapy' extremely palatable to the reader. Translation: no angst! Wonderfully done.

I like the fact that you have Harry seeing people before he ends up in a 'big romance'. This makes it easier for the reader to relate to him, I think. Having Harry go through a rescue, therapy, realization about his sexuality, adoption, and then falling for his teacher-who-formerly-tortured-him would be unrealistic. Having him in short-term relationships, dating, dallying?, with others makes sense. He'll end up comfortable with close romantic relationships, and he'll be that much more mature when it comes to dating an older, established wizard. Good show!

Love your OCs. They definitely add to the story without dominating.

The way your Harry is maturing is extremely well done. You've manage to show canon Harry maturing, thereby keeping true to the original canon series. Ron and Hermione you've managed to keep in character, thus demonstrating Harry's maturation versus their almost stagnation.

Severus' thoughts throughout the story have been enlightening as to his transformed view of Harry. Looking forward to more from Sev.

On a minor note, I appreciate the vocabulary you've brought into the story. A couple of times I've had to google for definitions (yes, I admit it!). The way certain sentences are phrased, and the use of 'perfect' adjectives in places makes for a more detailed story, and gives the reader a better understanding of what the writer is trying to convey.

I am looking forward to your next chapter. I'm hoping to see more of the Blessed Ones as well :) Now I'm marking this as a 'follow' so I don't lose it again.

redstickbonbon
456snarky chapter 8 . 3/18/2013
Sorry about not reviewing earlier. This has been interesting enough that I just kept "turning" the page to read more. Good work.
Constance Truggle chapter 14 . 3/18/2013
This is amusing and enjoyable. Thanks for sharing so far and I look forward to more.

CT.