Reviews for The Waiting Game
xBookEaterx chapter 1 . 4/14/2015
Please write a sequel! I love your writing style! And this story is so good it actually got me to cry!
kasey chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
Can u plz do a sequel where Ed actually dies.
RainFlame chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
You're so right. This universe without Ed in it is super depressing. Hurts more than it should, for sure. Oh gosh, I love your writing style. So simplistic and emotional and gah ;_; Beautiful.
jadedmist27 chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
Did Ed die? It was a little confuzzling...
Elvenlaughter chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
There's a part of me that wants you to write the next one, with Al confronting Ed about this, maybe having Mustang show up again in Rizembul, but this other part of me understands your inclination to stop, because you're so right that writing about angsty!Ed is one thing, and no Ed is COMPLETELY another. Still, I loved these three one-shots. Great job! Great angst!
mabidiso chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
God damn it! This one is even worse. How it can be more gut wrenching, heart breaking and tear jerking than the last one I'll never know, but you succeeded in spades. Yeah, congratulations. Poor sweet Al, not able to retain his lovely fog of denial any more. Having the veil ripped from your eyes is what hurts so much.
hakuna177 chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
This was really sad and beautiful. It's just like Ed to keep such a thing a secret from those he cared about until the last minute. The whole concept of 'waiting' for the end was really fitting and touching;_;

Jac
Reclusive Metal chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
I hate it when really good stories like these don't get enough reviews. That was really beautiful. I think the ending is just apt.

Though I would love to read a sequel I don't think you should write one...Great work! I really loved the whole concept of 'waiting'. I can really relate to it very well. I also think you brought out Hohenheim's character very well...

Kudos to you!
Scenro chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
I don't think you need to write another. this was a prefect way to end it. just enough tragedy to hold a person thinking out the story and letting the reader come up with there own devices on what happens over all. i wouldn't even consider writing on with an after event too. it would be too much.

You did a good job with these three and i think thats enough. -thumbs up-!
Evil Little Dog chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
This, as the other stories in this series, is lovely and oh, so sad. Just gorgeous work.
Ferio Wind chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
D: Oh my god, why do you do this to me? Ed! ;_; My heart is in pain now. And Al! Don't let Ed die alone! Go to him. NOW!

But yeah, awesome fic. I loved all the prequels to this too. : Dying!Ed makes me really sad, but it is a good kind of sad. I'm kinda hoping for a sequel, just to have Al with Ed, but it's understandable if you don't write one.
Lachwen chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Wow!

Absolutely awesome job! I loved this fic, the last line especially. You really kept up the characterization even at the end, and my heart really goes out to Ed. You're right, a world w/out Ed is depressing. But I love the way you left it, with Al and Winry still not realizing just how late it was, and Ed all alone (poor thing, I want to take him home and feed him lots of sugar lol). I loved how Al and Winry kept missing the signs, and Mustang calls and he seems early enough, but its still really too late. And how really its the waiting up alone that really defeats Ed, that allows him to give up the battle.

Each character reacts totally in character, and I'd almost say this is tragedy rather than angst.

But honestly, I can't think of a better ending for this fic. (of course, as always if you want to write more... lol)

Thank you so much for writing and sharing. It was NOT a waste of your time.

Lachie
Keahi Spitfire chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
This series is a really interesting one, in a sad twisted way. Poor Ed. You write the characters really well. I can see what you mean about a universe without Ed being depressing. To bad there isn't some way for Ed, Roy, someone to trick the gate so Ed could live, neh?
Legendary Chimera chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
So, he's dead now or just passed out again? Yes, a world without Ed is a depressing thought, but I still love your pain!angst.
Took-Baggins chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
so i take it he's died, then? that's rough...awesome fic, though! i really enjoyed every bit of it!