Reviews for Kaleidoscope
0.0 chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Woah... That was... Great...

Realy cool writing. I love the ending.

I feel kinda speech less...
ChaosTurtle chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
amazing story! so sad though...
Aliera chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
I liked this.
Dimensional traveler chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
There has been constant misplacement of Batman fics for at least a year now and I'm seriously starting consider the amount of common sense (no offense) these authors have with this site. This may come as a surprise to you but don't you find it funny that there is no placement for 'The Batman 2004' series fanfiction on this site yet there is a placement for Batman:Brave and the Bold which just aired months ago?

The 'Batman' category on the cartoon series is starting to become a junk area for all Batman fics from whatever version is it. There are placements for all specific Batman series or films yet I see the confusion and misplacements increasing. I need help turning this category of Batman into 'The Batman 04' to clear confusion and take the load off of authors annoyingly have to state which Batman series is which in the Batman fandom of this site; with all the very specific categories from all comics, cartoons, and films on this site, it's unnecessary and you know it.

So I ask a favor to you, as a fellow Batman fandom author, to please ask the administrators on this site to stop this increasing mismatch madness on the Batman fanfiction; it would really be helpful to most of us.

Thank you for your time and patience in reading this message.

This story is not misplaced, mind you, but this has been happening alot in the Batman fandom and I need to put the problem out there.

Besides that, nice story.
BrocktreeJustLeft chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Beautiful, very bittersweet.
Esperata chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Love it. Just... love it.
Tie-dyed Trickster chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Wow. Just wow. I mean, /wow/!

This is really good - I'm a big fan of the Riddler, too, though a recent one. I inadvertantly volunteered to dress like him for spirit night at my uni (thought I was volunteering to be Joker), and up until then I'd never really heard of him as I wasn't really into Batman. So I did the typical 21st century thing: I looked him up on the internet, read his file on Wikepedia, and made some plans for a costume. Then I got curious about how he acted, so I did another typical 21st century thing: I checked around for a master-list of episodes and hit youtube searching for Batman cartoons featuring Riddler. It's been almost two weeks since then, and I've watched almost the entire series of The Batman, with the exclusion of maybe 6 or 7 episodes which I plan to watch at a later date.

(pause. looks back over what she's written) Not that you needed to know all that. (Sorry, it's late. I tend to ramble at the best of times, but when I get tired I'm pretty mch impossible to shut up.) Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that I'm also a big Riddler fan, even though I'm newish, and I have a fair grasp of his background history (at least as much as I could glean off of Wikepedia and those Batman cartoons). I also felt really sorry for Ed after seeing /Riddler's Revenge/ - I empathize with characters a bit too stongly at times. Anyways, ever since I saw that episode I've been wishing there could be a happy ending for Edward, or at least a chance at one. I even checked here on ff.n that night to see if I could find anyone who'd written such a thing for him. Nothing. There was much sorrowing.

But then I came on again tonight and did a Riddler search again and, lo and behold, you'd posted this fic since my last check. And it's so good! You did a wonderful job writing it, and the manner in which you described Edward's backstory is excellent, especially how you mixed elements from the comic verse and the cartoon. Also really liked how you had Edward narrating - it was great! To be perfectly honest, I'd like to read more, see where Edward goes from here. I know in the comic verse he did reform at one point and became a private detective...

Anyways, wonderful story! I hope there's more, though I understand if there isn't. Thank-you so much for writing it!

Tie-dyed Trickster
Li'l Yahiko chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
*sigh* You write him so, so very well. I want to write my own Riddler fanfiction now! I just don't know if I could pull it off. Another great work!
BlackRoseVixen05 chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Oh man, this is just epic... I never noticed this fic before. I now realize that it is connected to your other Batman fic. Nicely done.

Poor Riddler... I've always felt bad for him after watching the Riddler's Revenge episode. I had to assume that the police took Julie to jail. I wanted her ass dead XD So did my aunt. How could she do that to Eddie just because he's a little different? The little cow...

Hang in there Eddie. You still have plenty of fans who love you truely!
Jen Rock chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
This is very good. You really capture Edward's emotions and tone. I like the way he's addressing Julie with both anger and hurt over her betrayal. That last line is great.
Kohaku no Hime chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
O.o Wow...this is...wow...

I have never been placed inside of one of the Batman's nemesis' mind before...and you have once again impressed me.

Valon: That nurse at the end...was it Portman?

Raphael and Alister: *narrowed eyes and growls*

KoK: I dunno, guys. You'd have to ask LuckyLadybug-sempai about it...but if it was, I can't help but wonder if we'll be seeing the brainwashed Riddler in other stories...

Raphael: Don't joke about it.

KoK: Who said I was joking, Raphael-niichan?

Alister: Portman needs to be stopped.

KoK: Look whos' talking, Mister I'm-turning-into-Dartz-and-stealing-souls.

All three: ...? Huh?

KoK: *blush* NEVER MIND!

Anyway, great story!

Kohakuhime of Konoha
Weasel-Silver24 chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
O! Scary story! I too like the Batman tv show, boy is the Riddler scary. That was one sad, scary, and dark story. Great work, Daisy! _
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Ooh, this is an interesting twist. Normally, a villain is a villain, and we don't really get to see his side of the story, but you've shown us the Riddler's story. Very nicely done!

And poor Riddler! All that suffering he went through as a child surely must be one of the main reasons of his villainy.

And nice touch with the last line being his name!
Kazaam chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Aw, I feel so sorry for the Riddler! Everything he went through was just awful. ;_;

I really like how you had him speaking to Julie, and how he's trying to figure out the riddles about himself. Especially when he wonders if he can ever be something more than the Riddler.

And then when he went from saying how he's now known only as the Riddler, to saying that his name is Edward Nygman, it looks like he really wants to try to be more.

And is that Dr. Portman? I think the Riddler was better off asleep! XD;