Reviews for Let Sleeping Vamps Lie
Alphawolf69 chapter 7 . 10/18/2008
I was pleasantly surprised to see another chapter up again so soon -hellz yea!

Ahem.

I really liked the way Ivy opened herself up to Rachel in this chapter; especially about the music -the part about her fake nonchalance struck me as a very Ivy defence mechanism (bless 'er). I'm guessing we're going to see more of the Ivy-owned wilderness (which sounded as though it'd be a really nice place to relax for an afternoon) later on; I laughed when Ivy was all 'yes, sadly it's only 25 acres' while Rachel was all 'wtf?'.

It's also occurred to me to wonder whether or not Ivy is going to keep having blood trysts with Rynn Cormel...I'm hoping not (considering how Rachel didn't like Ivy doing that before they got involved, she'd hate it even worse now); I suppose Rachel will just have to get used to eating lots of Brimstone cookies (yum *grins*).

Overall, this chapter was packed full of heart-warming Ivy/Rachel interaction which was excellent to read (I almost swore when Ivy pulled away from Rachel) and has left me hungry for more. Now that you mention it, I realised a lot of Ivy's background is shadowy -Rachel has a lot to catch up on.

I'm also now well curious about how Ivy and Rachel are going to handle the revelation of Kisten's Killer. Dun dun duun...

Looking forward to the next chapter, hope you update soon.

btw,

"Do you remember, when Piscary put Kist in the hospital and I had to buy a trip through the lines from Newt?"

-wasn't Kisten in hospital from the fight with Lee's flunkies?

Also, Rachel made me laugh with her delicate phrasing. Notice she didn't say: "Do you remember when Lee dragged me into the Ever After and you thought I was demon chow, but I made a deal with a demon to save myself?"

...I have an odd sense of humour...
They Call Me Bidoof chapter 7 . 10/17/2008
Yay for another update! I do so enjoy your story, and always look forward to another chapter.

And...Honestly, that last chapter line...i did NOT expect that - and absolutely love it for that.
Dani2606 chapter 6 . 10/15/2008
Hey!

Absolutely loved this chapter! I could almost feel the tension between Ivy and Rachel at the end ;)

Please update soon cause I'd really like to know how it goes on :)

Dani
Alphawolf69 chapter 6 . 10/10/2008
*grins* Well, Rachel's mum lived up to expectations...much to Rachel's dismay. You're dead right about Rachel being too obvious about her feelings in the books btw;

"...Really should have known, dear. Especially after last Halloween. I should have been a hint when Rachel wanted the two of you to go as the lovers from that latest vamp flick."

~I remember reading that part in ODW and staring in amused disbelief. And also wondering what Ivy's reaction was when Rachel suggested the idea. Subtlety isn't Rachel's strong point (although she compensates for that by her immense expertise in denial and avoidance tactics). It's great you included that in this.

Blatantly the best line in this is (of course) Rachel's mum's:

"And you can still call me Alice. Nothing's changed just because you're having sex with my daughter."

*silently collapses in a corner, trying not to laugh*

I can picture the exact expression on Rachel's face at that precise moment and it is bloody priceless.

A very entertaining chapter with sweet interaction between Ivy and Rachel (Rachel's mum sort of upstaged them, though *smirks*) that warmed the cockles of my cold heart.

Looking forward to the next chapter; I'm very interested in all the stuff you look like you're going to be covering/including (most people -myself included- seem to write about the process of Ivy/Rachel getting together -not the aftermath and potential pitfalls of their fledgling relationship), I know you /will/ do all justice *grins*
Col. Slayre of Spartanburg SC chapter 6 . 10/9/2008
WOW. this is outstanding... Kim is this yours? If not it a serious fan. i wouldn't change a thing.. work the emotions a little more? Wow. I was so thirsty for more. i love the night apart and alone...classic touch...WOW

Col
Icipher chapter 6 . 10/9/2008
OMG! What a sweet, sexy and hot chapter. I laughed out loud to Rachel's different embarrasments and went aww at all the cuteness. Great chapter! Excellent work!
cs chapter 5 . 10/8/2008
"lovers and libraries"

what a GREAT line.
Stephannie1014 chapter 6 . 10/8/2008
Another wonderful chapter and I can't wait for the next one!

sam
Alphawolf69 chapter 5 . 10/7/2008
*wipes brow*

Whew. I thought Rachel was going to manage to make a right dog's dinner of things for a moment there...

I almost feel ashamed for my lack of faith in her *contemplative*

Oh well, I suppose there's a first time for everything; including Rachel not completely screwing up things with Ivy. Good for her.

This line had me rolling my eyes though:

“You asked why,” I said, finding the words slowly. “Why now? I don’t know why.”

Lies.

*singsong tone* You realised that you love her...that you want to kiss her...that you can't live without her...

Ahem.

Not that I blame her. It's got to be a lot to take in that you want to have a more relationship with your best friend, let alone realising you are completely in love with her. And then telling said friend that? Yeah. A bit too much to cope with in one day.

I understand why Ivy wanted to know the big 'why now?'. I mean, Ivy offered and cajoled and enticed Rachel for -well, I lose track of exactly how long, but it was a bloody LONG time. Of course she'd suspicious/cautious when Rachel decides (it seems to her) out of the blue she wants Ivy back.

I can't see Ivy letting go of the fear about Rachel changing her mind or finding someone (male) she likes better very easily, even if she's happy they're together now. Cue over-sensitivity and insecurity about Rachel's reactions to her touch, other people's perceptions of them (I have visions of a delightfully blunt Mrs. Morgan embarrassing the hell out of Rachel by complementing her on her 'catch' of a girlfriend or saying something like; 'well it's about time you admitted it dear' or 'I always wondered if you might be gay...'. I like Rachel's mum *grins*) and any handsome men flirting with Rachel (*winces* I hope they have a good health plan...).

btw, this line?

"-I said in that low voice reserved for lovers and libraries."

this line brilliant.

Okay, I believe I have gushed enough about this chapter, sorry about that. Suffice to say, I very much enjoyed it *grins* and I look forward to more. Hopefully soon.
Alphawolf69 chapter 4 . 10/7/2008
...

I really can't think of anything to write that can express the awesome that embodies this chapter.

This and Savior's story are the best rachel/ivy (hell, any of the hollows) ones being written at the moment. I've been bogged down in job hunting (depressing) so I haven't been reading or writing (although I have 2 short hollows fics almost finished) that much...but this is great. I'd been dying to know what was going to happen between them.

It also cracks me up that Ivy is the one to give Rachel a taste of her own medicine -see Rachel? See what Ivy has been having to endure all this time? Yeah, it's not very nice is it?

*ahem*

That being said, I seriously love the way you're handling this. I especially liked it when Rachel immediately headed for Ivy's chair to subconsciously surround herself in its scent. It was something I could really picture happening (as well as Ivy lurking in the shadows trying to figure out what the Turn is going on -it must've seemed like she'd entered the Twilight Zone or something...). It was also sweet how Rachel realised she wanted to respect Ivy like Piscary never did and take no for an answer (for the night at least *blinks innocently*).

I can't really concentrate on writing anything else -I'm too desperate to read the next chapter...

*dashes away*
Icipher chapter 5 . 10/5/2008
Not a lot happened here, drama or plotwise. Still it was a nice chap. Liked Ivy's confusion of 'why now?'. Anxiously waiting what happens in the next chapter. :)
Stephannie1014 chapter 5 . 9/30/2008
Another great chapter and I can't wait for more!
siDEADde chapter 5 . 9/30/2008
I'm really enjoying your story. Sometimes Rachel's emotions are a bit "swingy"(for lack of a better word!) but I still really like where you're taking this. Keep the tension between them. That's the whole magic of their relationship.

Thank you for the great read!
Stephannie1014 chapter 4 . 9/24/2008
I just love all your Rache/Ivy stories! I can't wait for the next chapter!
lolo1212 chapter 4 . 9/23/2008