Reviews for Face Value
VeryBoredSoul chapter 36 . 12/23/2015
Another amazing chapter! We finally got to find out what Hideki/Hide was all about in this one. For some reason, I feel oddly put out that his goal was to ultimately escape T&I work, and hopefully get into a position where it's less headfucks, and more "normal" work. Almost like Inoichi? Hide wants to be a normal ninja instead of always caught up in the inner workings of T&I. I don't know why, but it surprised me that that was his ultimate goal. I mean, it makes sense why he would want to leave, but we have another example of someone using Iruka. Although! This time, I'm sort of (kind of, not really) okay with it, because at least Iruka figured it out, AND Hideki/Hide TOLD Iruka about it (after threatening to wipe his memory but whatever), so now it's a double deception/betrayal/lying. Maybe a little payback at Ibiki for all the times he's manipulated people, especially Iruka?

And Ibiki is still manipulating every little thing. I just...I may be infuriated with Kakashi, but I can see why those two (Kakashi and Iruka) NEED to connect with each other, especially during Iruka's healing process. Not only will it help Iruka mentally, but emotionally and maybe even physically as well. Sure, his memories are returning, but that by no standard means he's stable. Like Ibiki even mentioned it! Iruka's not stable and might not ever be completely again. And I think that Kakashi helping Iruka would actually benefit Iruka greatly (and Kakashi too). Ibiki can't see this because he's too caught up in WHATEVER he feels for and toward Iruka. That, or he does see this but he doesn't want to let Iruka out of his grasp by having Kakashi pull Iruka out of Ibiki's hands (the more likely of the two). Hence the whole, Ibiki creating a position that fits Iruka specifically to allow Iruka to fully be involved in T&I where he can forever keep an eye on Iruka.

It just frustrates me. And while I'm on the subject of Ibiki, I just wanted to say that it pisses me off to high heaven that he doesn't accept the responsibility of putting Iruka where he is now. Ibiki may want to "fix" Iruka, but he is the one whose actions put Iruka there in the first place! He may blame Kakashi for being the one to push Iruka more toward Jeninki, but Kakashi would have never done that to Iruka in that situation if Ibiki didn't force and manipulate Iruka into the jail cell in the first place. Grr.

Although, kudos to Tsunade for FINALLY allowing Kakashi to get close to Iruka again. (It's about fuckin' time!) Even if we have to wait for the next chapter for it :) Also, in the next chapter, any screen time for Jeninki and Genma, or are we going to focus on Iruka until almost a year has passed? I am still interested to see Genma's reaction to Jeninki the first time Genma sees the body Jeninki is using. And Jeninki's reaction to Genma's reaction of Jeninki's body. 'Cause, I'm pretty damn sure that Genma would not forget the face of his torturer. I'm just rambling 'cause I miss ol' Genma.

We also didn't see much of Danzou either. I wonder what he's up to. Still sitting back and enjoying the show? Letting Jeninki wreak havoc? Although, I'm guessing we'll be finding out more since that ninja is working to see through his barrier without Danzou's knowledge of it.

Random notes of thought: Hideki/Hide is an okay guy. Sure, he tried to wipe Iruka's memory, but he's straight up about it when he knows he can't lie his way out. And you can't blame the guy either. It's probably the only thing he knows working in T&I all his life. I dunno, I just really like straight forward people and characters. They're honest and most of the time they're not two faced.

MASSIVE kudos to you, dear author, for the cameo of not only Pakkun, but Izumo and Kotetsu as well. MASSIVE KUDOS! (I love all three of them!)

Another wonderfully written chapter, and the plot continues onward. Can't wait for the next chapter!
VeryBoredSoul chapter 35 . 12/4/2015
Holy. Shit. This has been a ride.

I must admit, after reading that fifth chapter, I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue reading this. But the plot of the first four, and the fifth one admittedly, pulled me in. I needed to know what happened. Where does Iruka go? How the fuck does Kakashi fix his personality? What is Ibiki's whole deal in this? And, so I kept on.

First, I wanted to tell you that I find Jeninki's entire character fascinating. When we first met him in the jail cell with Iruka, I thought the guy was nuts (and he still is). But, as the story progressed and he kept popping up, I realized the complexity of his psyche. He takes a special interest in something, and he wants to possess it. Supposedly to free it from the confines of humanity, while trapping it as his own. But he won't admit to himself that he's confining those souls by keeping them with him, because after a while, all they know is him, and so they cling to him, making him think they want him, and I suppose on some level they do. It's fascinating to analyze.

Also, this new turn with Genma. I had a feeling you weren't ready to kill Genma off, and that Jeninki would offer to help Genma, I just didn't realize how that was going to go about. And now...I'm very interested in seeing how Genma and Jeninki's role in this story plays out. Especially since Jeninki's body was one of the captors and torturers to Genma (I'm assuming). When Genma sees Jeninki's body first, how will he react? And how will Jeninki react to Genma's reaction of him?

Then we have Kakashi, Iruka, and Ibiki. I just have to say, I'm very grateful Iruka is kind of sort of getting back to normal. The way they've used him...it's disgusting. You've written the situations very well, but they make me angry because Iruka deserves happiness! *deep breath* Okay. I'm cool, I'm calm.

Anyhow, I have to tell you this also, because there haven't been a lot of stories where I want to just stop reading, especially when they're as well written and interesting as yours. And, I'm telling you that this story has made me want to stop reading it twice. I already told you about the first time in chapter five. The second time was Iruka's "therapy". I swore to heaven and back that if Iruka didn't survive that, I was going to throw my iPod so far across the room and just leave it there. So, I'm very grateful I didn't read this back when you were on those chapters, because the suspense and worry would've killed me dead.

But Iruka's road to recovery might still have a few chinks in it, from certain phrases you've included. I'm just glad he's Iruka again (for the most part).

And I have to ask, what the fuck is up with Ibiki? I thought I had figured out his character, but then he goes and does something that makes me know that my character view of him is completely wrong. And I have to tell you that Kakashi's evaluation of Ibiki is probably one of the closest truths to Ibiki's character I've come to (when Kakashi said Ibiki is so pissed at Kakashi because Ibiki wants Iruka), but Kakashi isn't a reliable character, so I know not to accept that viewpoint! Thus, I'm confused further! I do think Ibiki wants to protect Iruka from Kakashi, and that's why he's so strict about Iruka being around Kakashi, but there's something more there. I just...I can't figure that out, and it's kind of frustrating, but hey it keeps me reading.

Then, I come to Hide. He's also an interesting character, and I admit that I didn't pay much attention to him when he first appeared, which I regret currently, but now I'm left wondering what Ibiki is plotting with him. Befriending Iruka? Getting close to him? Pretending to be his friend since the beginning? Ugh! If Iruka gets hurt one more time, I'm going to freak.

Speaking of Iruka getting hurt, Kakashi pisses me off. Even now that he wants to help Iruka, and he and Iruka are finally figuring out their relationship, he still pisses me the fuck off. I have never been so angry at Kakashi than I have been reading this. The thing is, your characterization of him is almost spot on. It's totally possible that Kakashi acts like a douche because that's what he thinks is good for his partner. And his fighting with Ibiki? I really want to know what's going on between those two. Like I said,I can't figure it out and it keeps me reading.~

But really, I think the only characters I haven't been pissed off at in this fic are Naruto, Sakura, and Ino. Maybe Inoichi if you ask me on a good day. Everyone else...fucking damn. They've made me mad enough that I actually remember what they did to make me mad at them! I never remember that shit unless they've truly pissed me off! And this is fiction! Ugh.

Anyhow, all of the above words are praise (and some questions) for you. You're an excellent, fantastic, freaking glorious!, writer. Really, you are. Well written, easy flow, amazing characterization, spelling, grammar, and the list goes on and on. Truth be told, I'm half tempted to get into FMA so I can read your other fic (that sounds creepy to me, I'm sorry, but I'll leave it in my review because I do need a reason to start FMA so my friends quit nagging me to start reading/watching different manga/anime).

Sorry for the novel of a review, but you've impressed me. Amazing!

P.S. ~ I absolutely freaking love, "Hide's breath of relief didn't get to make it all the way out of his lungs before the door opened and Iruka swept in with a wide smile that faded almost comically. 'Where...? That's odd...I could swear I saw him come in here...'" Those lines made me laugh way too hard. I could picture that happening all too clearly. Iruka's bright smile plastered across his face and then confusion sweeping over his features as his eyes try to find Kakashi's form where it's not. Hilarious!

And because of that last paragraph, I feel that I should mention that I've said you've written horrible situations really well, but you've also written ALL of your situations really well. You've invoked pity, sorrow, guilt, love, confusion, fear, laughter, hate, hope, and so many more emotions in me while I've read this, and I find that to be truly amazing. You're an incredible writer to be able to describe the situation that's happening while also getting the right emotion driven home to the reader. Truly, truly incredible.

Okay, I'll stop boosting your ego until the next chapter! :)
Gb chapter 35 . 8/23/2015
Well, I guess that's one way to get Kakashi out of the picture for awhile and let you explore a relationship between Hide and Iruka. Yuck. I hope he's not going to be out of the story for long. Unless you plan to have Kakashi approach Tsunade about revoking his currently assigned mission and giving him a new one to help with Iruka's new treatment. That would just piss Ibiki off and make the rest of us happy. I'm enjoying the story, but how many more chapters before things finally get wrapped up?
jazzy chapter 35 . 8/23/2015
poor Hide. :D
awesome update.
Shinan7 chapter 35 . 8/22/2015
Yay! An update!
I've been waiting for it and I'm not disappointed!
IzayaOriharaSaika chapter 34 . 8/10/2015
This part with Genma makes me so sad. I love this story! :') can we just make Even break out and be a merical worker right now?
Shinan7 chapter 34 . 6/28/2015
I've been waiting for this!
Awesome writing! Can't wait for more :)
jazzy2may chapter 34 . 6/28/2015
I like Hide and Iruka could always use more friends. :D
J.D chapter 33 . 6/1/2015
Wow...your Iruka suffered so much. There's really no way for him to win on this. Tsunade and Ibiki are cold-hearted bastards,and Kakashi doesn't seem to be that different from them. You made him so incredibly fragile and naive...and every chapter you break him some more,hahaha. Short of dying or going rogue and leaving the village,I see no other way for Iruka to escape all of this.
Sandmiller chapter 33 . 5/31/2015
Is it bad I keep hoping for more Even and Danzou interaction?

Always looking forward to the next update! Love your work!
jazzy2may chapter 32 . 4/28/2015
those poor bastards, the timing for them is sucky. ;D
Shinan7 chapter 31 . 4/25/2015
I love this fic.
It's dark and twisted. Lots of twisted.
I can't get my head around how cruel people have been to Iruka. Ignoring him? Dropping out of his life?
It's so messed up!
But it's great angst! I couldn't stop reading at all. The way you wrote it is mesmerizing and pulled me in almost instantly.
I can't wait for the next update!
Jukebox chapter 31 . 4/11/2015
I really hate Tsunade and Ibiki. They are so cold and cruel, mean and selfish. I have little hope that they will realize the error of their ways and change before the end. And is Jeninki going after Genma? Or a prisoner?
Korregidora chapter 31 . 4/10/2015
Iruka's spirit is still going strong there. Lol I don't think much could break his stubbornness.
I love that I don't really know how things will end up for those two or what will happen on this journey.
jazzy2may chapter 31 . 4/9/2015
poor Kakashi and Iruka, will they ever reconcile? its fantastic that you continue to update. I am so happy this fic continues. :D