Reviews for Almost Lost
I like it so much ..
Tranquil Girl chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
Oh. This was great, manna
WhiteTigerLilly chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
I loved it. I think adding the adult Andre was a great idea. Now I'm quite curious to now what song... I think the thanking god is familiar but I can't say I'm sure.
lunascorpio chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
I love everything about the story. I perfectly imagine all the characters acting the way you describe them. You're especially right about General Jarjayes. André's prayers are too sweet and a great way to conclude the story.

Write more. You Know I'm an avid RoV reader. The world needs more RoV fanfiction.

loulou.k chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
You left me... smashed!

I didn't realize that I was biting my lip with my teeth while reading...

Honey, you've outdo yourself this time...I..I'm made it a long one, full of description , I could see them in front of me because you described every specific move, you wrote unexpected events and ending.

It took me 2 hours to read this one, because I had to stop every while to think..

At first I was happy that the 'fic is talking about the drowning incident, I couldn't imagine it better than this..But when it came to General de Jarjayes!well.. I hate him too, especialy at every time he slaps Oscar and makes her fall down, And yes she didn't rise her hand on her face after taking slaps!she's so brave..But the sharp sting of the switch..God that's too could you Manna?

I agree with you about how he treats Oscar like his own father treated him. probably worse to break her of any feminine it still too...inhumanity, I mean if he could do this to his son/daughter..what would he do to Andre?

Let start from the beginning...(He’d lost one life, and had found another, it seemed) I like that line!

The scene of the swimming and drowning was..well, I was, Breathless!

(He was rendered speechless for a moment, and flung his arms around her neck, tackling her straight to the ground. “Oscar!” he shouted, squeezing her tightly and pressing his lips against her cheek. “I thought… I was…”“Were you crying?” she asked incredulously. “You know that’s not very manly.”

“N-no, of course not!” He hastily sat up and turned away from her, hiding his shaking hands where she could not see them.) Oh, I like that 2..very, Poor Andre!

(Just wait it out, she told herself. Wait it out, because he’ll get tired and he’ll stop soon. He always does. He’s just angry, that’s all. I did lose something precious to him. I shouldn’t have touched it, I—She cringed as she felt the sharp sting of the switch across her back.)I felt shiver at those words and I guess I've shrieked too.o_O

(She drew in a shaky breath. “I’m not going to cry,” she whispered, mostly to herself, but her voice betrayed her and she couldn’t help herself. Furiously, she scrubbed away her tears. A great general wouldn’t cry, right? The tears didn’t stop.) that's so painful.

And then..poor Andre how did he feel, he was very affected, frightful..The whole shot was painful for two little kids.

OH, MANNA!You did well by including Andre after years...It was...The way you did it...Ah...I don't find the word!

He wake up terrifying at the night, And couldn't but to go and check on her...OH MY...(. It would be enough for him to know that she was okay. It really would. His troubled heart would be calmed).

And(He gently brushed it aside and pulled the blankets up just a little higher for her comfort. Her fingers clenched the comforter, one of her hands resting near her mouth.“Goodnight, Oscar,” he whispered, and bent over to kiss her cheek. He did not receive an answer, but he was not disappointed) Ah, I could faint on these lines.

I don't know who is more grateful to the other, Not just at this incident also at every step in their lifes..

(the first thing he did was kneel beside his bed and thank God for her twice over. The first time for her presence, and the second time for not letting him lose her that day. And then, finally, he asked God to please, please let him stay by her side for another day, because she brought him so much happiness and she still needed him, at least a little.) well, that is so touching, perfect ending,good that you didn't gave up, I could say no more!

Now, About the song..hum..that depends on who or what you are adverting in here" Andre, Oscar, The General, the whole story, or to Andre's prayer?"

I'm sure I'll never guess..But there's a few songs reminds me about them:

*How Did I Fall In Love With You/Back street

*As Long As You Love Me/Back street

*Hero/Enrique Iglesias.

*Somebody/Enrique Iglesias.

And no nead to say forgert about the video clips and just lesten to the lyrics.

please tell me or I'll have another coming sleepless nights :(

And I'm sorry,I am boring, My reviews are getting longer and longer, I couldn't do help it...

Xirysa chapter 1 . 8/12/2008

You don't understand how long I was waiting to read this. You really don't. Alright, maybe you do (considering the amount of time I was nagging you about this). But oh well.

The reason she went into the water... Totally didn't see that one coming. Hmm... The General probably would have been harder on Oscar, wouldn't he?

I think that 7/8 is a good time to make them almost drown. Yeah, it was very nice.

...I really don't have much else to say on this. Just... Really, really great work, Manna!