Reviews for Campfire Stories, Season One
rsundayr chapter 5 . 6/25/2014
This campfire series is spectacular! it's perfectly constructed for obsessives like me who need more Jack & Sam than the show offered. I'm a latecomer to Stargate, but I was the same way (obsessed) with Mulder & Scully back in the day... Thanks! :)
HeRonFan chapter 13 . 5/15/2013
One good bite deserves another! Haha. It worked at the tag line for Jaws 2, it could work here. ; - )
Fine job.
Line with a punch: "He tried not to think about what that meant..." Resistance is futile, Jack.
HeRonFan chapter 12 . 5/15/2013
Stargazing together and lamenting the loss of the program due to Kinsey. But the wheels were turning for them as they saw a silver lining in the possibility of each other. Hmmm...not meant to be, yet. Felt the heat rising all throughout. If only. Beautifully written.
HeRonFan chapter 11 . 5/14/2013
Speechless. Another of my favourite episodes that leaves you wondering how they survived the next few days. Going through that experience in Antarctica would affect her greatly. His life depended on her and the transition to normalcy would be difficult. Electing to stay on base, just in case, was the right thing to write here.
"I can't think of anyone with whom I'd rather be lost than you...Captain." Good line. And by adding the "Captain" at the end, it saves his butt a bit. Bummer.
Lovely.
HeRonFan chapter 8 . 5/14/2013
"Everlasting, unending temptation.
Indeed."

Indeed it is. One of my favourite episodes. Nice trip down memory lane.
HeRonFan chapter 5 . 5/14/2013
Very powerful last lines from both. Re-read them three times and the strength remains constant. Wow.
HeRonFan chapter 4 . 5/14/2013
Good chuckle at the end. And, he ended with a "Sam", not even a "Carter." Smiles.
HeRonFan chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
I think you'll surprise me with all the different ways to get them to a campfire. This one was a genius little way to get Jack to open up a bit. Nice friendship building by this story-despite her attraction to him. And Miles was cute. I like the "Colonel Jack." I can see another story with him coming over and asking about Captain Sam in front of Daniel or Teal'c. An raised eyebrow would surely follow.
HeRonFan chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Well, I'm so going to have to continue reading your "work"...or in this case they seem to be labours or love. Smiles.
These are lovely little moments that build their friendship, respect, and attraction. The little bits that get left on the cutting room floor when the show runs overtime. As you are so in character when you write, I really have to consider them the little gems that we don't get to see.
Settling In:
The awkwardness of not only being the new member, but the only female in the guys' party...it gives one a feeling of sympathy, but also encouragement for her. If anyone can do, Sam can. And I LOVED that you had her think back with mild embarassment at her "reproductive organs on the inside" comment. In tune.
Blue jell-o...hahaha..."I guess I can work with that." Good line. Small beginnings of acceptance.
Nicely done.
I get the feeling I'm going smile a lot as I read these.
hifield chapter 10 . 5/7/2013
Very nice moment. I'm not much of a s'more's person but this was a very nice chocolate treat!
hifield chapter 9 . 5/6/2013
Beautiful chapter perfectly written. I'm kicking myself for letting life and such pull me away from your campfire stories.

Excellent.
Neverendingimagination chapter 13 . 4/2/2013
That was a lovely end of season 1 camp fire stories. Looking forward to reading season 2 tomorrow :)
Neverendingimagination chapter 11 . 4/2/2013
You're killing me here. That was amazing, I can see why the others think this would make an amazing tv series or webisodes series, stunning little glimpses into the evolving relationship between Sam and Jack and their growing feelings.
Neverendingimagination chapter 4 . 4/2/2013
Thats so sweet, him looking after her, laughed out loud at the bit about the tank top.
Neverendingimagination chapter 2 . 4/2/2013
Awwww that little boy was so cute. I love the last paragraph, specifically the last line 'content to simply be there. For him.'