Reviews for Kenan and Kel: Anacondas of the Night
nunwithachainsaw chapter 1 . 3/14
Really unhappy right now that I have no idea who you are and that we'll probably never get to smoke a joint and write Kenan and Kel fan fiction together.
Dr. Phil chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
Y'all motherfuckers need jesus
MildlyInsane chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Holy sh*t... They should have made an episode like that... XD
Amethyst Asheryn chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
I think in its own right, this is an okay story. The writing was a little choppy, though; you tend to slip into passive voice a bunch. Show us, don't tell us. As an example:

"Two figures lunged out of the bushes and pinned Kenan and Kel to the concrete."

You might make this better by expanding it, letting us in on Kenan and Kel's thoughts just before and after they're jumped. Like this:

"Kel may have gone on talking whether Kenan cared or not, but the chance wasn't presented. He was keeping a cautious eye on the bushes as he walked, but even so he barely registered their final unnatural movements. He had his right foot in the air, ready to take a step, when the figures leaped on them. Kel felt himself slammed by another heavy body and, off-balance already, was thrown backwards hard. He heard Kenan go down nearby, but his body was paralyzed with a desperate need for air which had been knocked out of him by the man now pinning him down."

There are a lot more places where going deeper into what Kenan and Kel were feeling and thinking would help this story, too. Also, when a new person talks, that's always a new paragraph; that was one of my pet peeves reading this.

Plot-wise, I wasn't very fond of this. My biggest pet peeve was Kenan just suddenly deciding he was going to brutally kill three people, and Kel just meekly tagging along. They murder and cut apart these people and neither Kel nor Kenan barely even bats an eyelash. The most they do, I think, is almost vomit at the smell of the blood. I can't see our Kel and Kenan being quite this hardened. It got me the most when they've caught Bucky, and Kenan guts him while he's still alive ... And neither seem bothered. I'd expect there to be a lot of screaming and gore and it just doesn't seem like they would be as okay with it all as they were.

If anything, you might at least explain why they're so unbothered-and, as a bonus, why Kenan is suddenly hooked on alcohol. But it seems like that would need a full-length story to explain adequately, if at all.

Congrats to Kenan for enginuity, though. That bit where they're tied to the trees is probably my favorite because it shows them how I'd expect them to be-Kel terrified and Kenan always thinking of ways to get around things.

:) Ashe
ice dimanond chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
i like the first part but the ending was supriseing to me in a good way and this is a good story and i LOVE the kenan and kel show