Reviews for The Godfather of Robotics
Elder1 chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
The premises were strong, combine theese two continuities seemed do be difficult and yet you succeeded in it. Number 5 was pefectly rendered the only thing that is a little bit off is a too "human" Sarah Connor but this is a personal opinion based on how i think Sarah should be.

Good story.
Boongdaba chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
An unexpected and yet satisfying cross. Nicely done good sir.
Bobboky chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
awesome, there should be more of this type of crosses...
MDR chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
Actually it would be interesting if Johnny, ashamed at what the robots will do in the future and sad that they have no emotions, uses his programming skills to create a tiny, primitive trojan virus that hides within all future robot. Essentially a copy of his own altered coding. Using a trigger signal, all robots integrate his code into their own, and thus gain emotions.
Lucas43 chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
I must say, that i really liked how you combined the two stories. I have to agree with BenRG, in that it is hard to mix a pre-existing A.I. with the Skynet idea. But you pulled it off. You had the characters persona's perfect. I would like to see more to this story line. if you and your muse are agreeable.
Worker72 chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
I'll admit this story is better then Terminator I. Lucky thing Johnny 5 fell in with an environmentalist. Someone who cares about life rather then just being plugged into a government defence system without any testing.
BenRG chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
This is an interesting thought experiment and I like what you did with it. There are many worlds that you can merge with the T:tSCC world with variable results. However, the most difficult is those with pre-existing robots and AIs independent of Skynet's story. I think that these problems were well-handled here.

I think that you captured the characters perfectly, especially Johnny Five who, despite his often-childlike on-screen persona had a very complex character with a very strong ethical sense. Given his embracing of full sentience with all the responsibility that involves, I agree that the simplistic 'point and click' nature of the Terminators would disappoint him. I think that, at the end of this story, Johnny is going to talk to his son and bring him to heel as he ought to have long ago.

In many ways, the SAINT prototypes were the distant ancestors of the T-101s, so it is correct to call Cameron his 'grand-daughter' of sorts.

A nice bit of work.

BenRG's Rating: 8/10
Harry2 chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
A very SWEET little tale! I'm glad #5 was able to explain to John that he was not the same as what his future decendents were cabable of being.
JovianJeff chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
That was awesome! Not that I feel particularly old as I saw in the theatre and several times. I haven't seen the Chronicles, but as always with your writing you write good portrayals of the characters and in a few lines I felt I knew who was who. Thank you for persisting to find a place for Johnny.
hawk chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
PLEASE tell me there will be more to this story than just being a one shot this is just to great not become something big.