Reviews for Predicate
Ditte3 chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
It is one of the best fanfics I ever read. They are so themselves. It's a pity Joel was not in the show till the end. They were great together,
Yes chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
This story is so them.
dinabar chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
I realise this is an old fic about an even older programme but hey I found it today, so it's new to me. Beautifully surreal at the beginning. I love your prophetic rabbi, even got nervous about Maggie manhandling him into the jeep (had to assume he wasn't ultra orthodox they don't go much on manhandling) perfectly fitting with the spacy surrealness of the show. The dialogue between the two was spot on, and I loved the awkwardness of the first re-encounter coupled with their total over familiarity even after all these years.

In short a lovely story, which I enjoyed thoroughly, thanks

d
Teehee chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
"Verbage"

I LOVE YOU. This is so funny! I could totally see it happening in the show, too. I just discovered the show but decided against watching it after I realized that O'Connell and Chris end up together. Ew.

But seriously. This is cool. Please please please write more?
Hannah chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Oh. This is wonderful! I only just discovered the series (being only a year old when the show was in it's fifth season) and it's possibly one of the most magical peices of television i've ever experienced. Anyways, when i found out that Joel goes back to New York and Maggie ends up with Chris, well, lets just say i was a little bit upset about it!

Thankfully you've just cheered me up, with this amazing story! You absolutely nailed the dialogue, i could totally see this happening!
SecondSeraphim chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Nice!
B.A. Tyler chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
Fantastic! I've been rewatching the series for the first time since it was originally on and thinking, I'll bet it would be really hard to write fanfic for this show. But you did a tremendous job here, and the banter is so totally Joel/Maggie. Bravo!
Terry Kay chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Very, very good! I could see it all so clearly. Thank you, Terry Kay
Paul Newcastle Australia chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Hi. I've only discoverd this site today, I've just read your piece and I loved it ! It was the first of these that I've read where the dialogue rang true. I think you nailed the Joel/Maggie conversation. You really did. I must admit to being a bit of a NX tragic, (although I promise I am normal ! lol) I love the show and the feeling it gives me, I've been to Roslyn etc. I aspire to be an aspiring writer myself, but I just can't seem to take that first step ! Anyway, you really managed to give me that hard to describe feeling that I sometimes get in my chest when I think about all things NX, Ruth Anne/Peg Phillips having passed away or all the actors having moved on and it now just lives in our dvd players and our memories etc. I've thought so many times about writing an episode or two myself, most likely for my own comsumption, so finding this site as been an extra bonus for me. Best wishes. Paul.
huddyhuli chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Thanks for the flashback!
Chickadilly chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
I really enjoyed this - there isn't much in the way of NX fic - so this was especially a treat.

I especially loved the last line. So very Joel.

:D
Good Friday chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
I found this quite by accident and love it! You've really captured their voices perfectly.
Coconut Girl chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
I have always loved this pairing and this show (except for the episodes after Rob Morrow left. Just wasn't the same without him). To be honest, I really miss it. TV these days is utter shit for the most part.

That said, I want to thank you for taking me down memory lane with this wonderful piece and giving me the ending the show failed to. It was wonderfully written and I could easily see it playing out in my head.
coffeeiv chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
This isn't a real review because I'm sick and was looking for nostalgic entertainment. You provided it! I feel better already! I wrote NE fanfiction back in the 90s when you had to wait for 24 hours before it could be posted. Thanks for the great story- true to both characters.
neutraldensity chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
I was a huge fan of the series while it was in production, and was really disappointed when Rob Morrow left the series. I did not think it should have been canceled not long thereafter, which of course it was, but was not surprised at it, either.

Anyway, in the last couple of days I have read a couple of fics based on the show, and now yours. I really wish you would continue rather than leave it as a oneshot, because I am so drawn in now that my curiosity shan't be assuaged unless I know how it ends.

Please, please, don't leave us hanging. A talent like yours has to be utilized.:)