Reviews for The Origin of ΔS
Gaia Faye chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
I really enjoyed the style of this, with the footnotes. It seems like the way the Joker would tell his story, if he were so inclined.

I personally prefer it when the Joker didn't do his scars himself, but at the same time, it definitely fits into his personality. And it certainly works excellently in a story like this, where he's a sociopath from the get-go as opposed to a trauma triggering him.

"Something so dark yet so pure that the townsfolk are all squirming with happiness that now the dirty-work is being done for them and they can sit back and watch the show." - I love this line. I hadn't thought about it before, that the Joker would notice that and decide to pull out the couch from under them.

Some little errors I noticed: "The first teacher the quits after he’s in there class is nice." This sentence has a couple misspellings, and "Asterix" should be "Asterisk."
Lisa Rentahl chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
I really like your style of writing and I like this one shot too, well done.
butterflye chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
Um, so, WOW. This is fascinating. I'm speechless. (Or...type-less?) Well done.
PhantomErikPhan chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
That was incredibly well written. I like your writing style.

It kinda reminded me of V for Vendetta... a conversation that V had with two detectives... idk if you've ever seen that movie but yeah, anyway, your story put a smile on my face lol.
chocolatemooses chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
Okay, all I can say is wow! That was amazing.

I loved your characterization of the Joker and his early life. I especially enjoyed how you mentioned the issues he has with his home life but don't dwell on them. It really shows how little the Joker cares about that and how little it affected his "lifestyle choices".

Most of all though, I loved your writing style. It was incredibly captivating. Overall, just amazing. I really do hope that you write more Joker realated fictions.
Kako chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
Oh, this was great.

Your summary really caught my eye, I love reading things that allude to scientific terms/etc and I REALLY love your interpretation of the Joker, especially how you conclude each section with little added "notes" in parenthesis-you really seem to have a good idea of how he would approach re-telling his own youth, if he ever felt the urge to do it properly xD

For the most part, I thought it was pretty believable, too. I don't really consider him the college/med school type, but I like how you tied that in later on. My favorite lines were near the end, "A fake friend teaches him how to fire guns/Another fake friend tells him where to find guns/That’s fun." Great line.

It's a shame the Joker never experimented with "friends" in the real sense of the word, you would think he would've tried that even if just for the 'fun?' of it.

Concluding Opinion: Great story! (lol, couldn't help it xD)

Keep writing more Joker, you're great at it!

~Kako
SaJi chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
Interesting. Me liked.
deleted9 chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
This was such an interesting and unique take on the Joker, splendid job!
gaudy night chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
Wow, this is amazing. And your commentary is spot on. It's like a primer on the Joker.