Reviews for Last Rites
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 7/20
A likely narrative, well told. Thank you for sharing some hours in Sam's life that I never fully imagined before.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
Congratulations. You've brought me to tears. This is beautifully done. Very powerfully written. You really know how to bring out the emotions, don't you? *sniff*
Jimelda chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Wow. I love how in depth you go into the washing and burying of Dean's body. I haven't seen any other fic like this and I must say I am impressed. You've got Sam's reactions down to a T as well. Thanks for sharing this, it definitely made my night.

Cheers,

Jimelda
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
So glad Deanie_24 recommended this fic on twitter or I would have missed a gem, even though I read it nearly three years late!

Brilliantly written and perfectly executed you captured totally both Sam and Bobby's emotions in the aftermath of Dean's death by the hellhounds. Saw the whole fic playing out in my head as I read and it reduced me to tears. Amazing writing.

Have read some of your episode reviews and must check out more of your fics. Looked at your bio and see you have written also for Starsky and Hutch and The Professionals, I remember both from the 70's, but didn't know you had The Professionals in the USA!
Sefiriot chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
Right now I'm just tearing up, can't help it, your story is just that powerful. I think I was barely breathing as I went through the story. Every detail from the laying out, and the overbearing sense of loss and disjunction from reality in Sam's mind- all felt very real.
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Thank you for writing this.

I know much of this feeling from washing my own 12 yo daughter's body the last time I ever got to see her or touch her. So many things go through your mind. So many last things you can do for a deceased loved one. And yet so few, and they are too quickly sure got that right too.

You did a very fine job portraying Bobby and Sammy. And I can hear Bobby saying this

"Don't you tell me my business, boy," he'd said. "If that amulet is Dean's, well, so are you, and a sight more than a corpse. He'd want you to wear it. It belongs to you now just as much as that car of his. You wear it, and you remember him. Not that you'd forget, but you remember him."

Your story was well written and I enjoyed the imagery. I was totally involved with Sam and Bobby's grief and how they processed it and how they interacted with each other. Grief hits us all differently and we never know how we'll deal with it until we're facing it.

Thank you for taking the difficult subject of grief and accurately portraying it. This wasn't an easy feedback for me to write but I felt I had to do it.

Thank you for your story. Beautiful job.
Zara Zee chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Very moving; very believable; very well written. Thank you.
Haylia Jones chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
wow that was really great. very moving.
Chloe Amethyst chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
I just followed a rec to this story, and I'm so glad I did. Your Bobby and Sam were spot on, and I could see every detail as you wrote them. The memories of Dean and John were so very good, too. The simplicity of the setting and actions combined with the complexities of these characters and the nature of grief worked so very well.
donilou2 chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Wow. I cried when I read terse and powerful, and something I wish had appeared onscreen.

Thanks so much.

BTW, this was rec'd over at TWoP- that's where I found it.
lexwang chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
This line just tore my heart out:

And until then, he was damned if he’d sleep and miss a minute of being able to still see his brother’s face.

So true to life and so true to Sam. You did an awesome piece here. Well done.
kogsy21 chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
Wow. This packed a powerful punch. I loved every description. I think you nailed Sam's reaction to everything. Thanks for posting this wonderful piece of work!
x-fuse2 chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
wow that was great. I think I went through more tissues reading this then I even had reading any fic.
Earthbound-Satyr chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
That was beautiful, and a wonderful characterization of Sam's relationships with the people close to him. Bravo.
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Wow, this story tore my heart in two. Your descriptions of Dean's "last rites" were brutal in their reality. It wasn't a pretty picture when Dean was torn apart by the hellhound and preparing his body would be as difficult and sad as you've described it. Oh Sam. How all of this affected him and how he just shut down in the end - just like he did in "Mystery Spot".

This whole thing broke my heart (and I cried several times) but the scene with Sam sitting next to Dean's body through the night really got to me - how Sam's "eyes kept tracking from the book to his brother's face, searching for memories to keep". How Sam came to finally realize why Dean made the deal he did and that if he could, Sam would do the exact same thing rather than suffer this terrible loss and loneliness. And how Sam couldn't bear to see Dean so still when he was so animated in life. Guh!

Well, this is one powerful piece. You've done an amazing job of writing both Sam and Bobby in perfect voice and character. This story is amazing, period. Thanks for sharing this with us. I look forward to your next offering. Until next time...