Reviews for Eight Elven Cloaks
Sarahml chapter 10 . 9/1
A very interesting and well written piece! It's not my thing to read such shorter works but this was one of a kind and I am glad I read it. These ladies of Galadrim reminds me of the three goddesses of Greek-and-Roman mythology (I forgot their name) that weave the fate of mankind. This short piece also bring to mind the foreboding "trouble trouble double trouble" scene from the beginning of Macbeth as well, albeit much less sinister. Rather, these elven seamstresses are antithesis to the typical somewhat cruel and detached female figures of mythology who predict future without much empathy for their subjects. This was a nicely done. Thanks for sharing your work!
AndurilofTolkien chapter 10 . 5/9
well done
AndurilofTolkien chapter 3 . 5/9
kaia chapter 10 . 3/4/2013
regarding to chapter 9, the elves Don't Actually show mercy to many.
Avonmora chapter 10 . 4/27/2012
Ah this was too good. The insight of the maidens was great and, I thought, very believable. It was very touching how they not only wished to see what the Travelers needed help with, but also their attributes and what they all brought to the Quest. I absolutely loved it.

Happy writing,

Avonmora
wickedmetalviking1990 chapter 10 . 1/9/2012
loved it, loved it, loved it!

that little part about Gimli losing his boot was funny (if you watch TTT, during the Three Hunters scene - one of them - you can see that Gimli actually does lose a boot). i enjoyed this tremendously!

wmv1990
Glory Bee chapter 10 . 10/30/2011
What an original concept Virtuella and a beautiful and touching story!
Tallis Keeton chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Hello :)

I'm from here:

u/242280/Tallis_Keeton

I love this tale :) And I was cheeky enough to translate it is in polish:

s/7270269/1/OSIEM_ELFICH_PASZCZY

I hope you don't mind?

Greetings :)

Your fan Tallis
Rivergift chapter 10 . 6/19/2011
A serious, thoughtful, quite beautiful piece! It was very interesting, seeing all their insights on the Fellowship- and guessing the cloaks! When I figured out the name issue, it all became much easier, of course! But even that was a lovely little touch- and had Gandalf come to Lorien, it would have been continued! I loved the whole thing, the end. :)
S chapter 10 . 1/1/2011
Good story. I enjoyed it.
S chapter 8 . 1/1/2011
I will admit I was confused at first reading the last chapter, but upon reflection I feel that it describes Merry well. Especially since this one is so obviously Boromir.

Just a note about word usage, if I may. In this sentence: "Belegwen passed a new thread throw the eye of her needle." I believe that you meant through rather than throw.

Keep up the good work. I like how I am having to think and guess who the cloaks are for and that they aren't just announced outright.
Abject Tears chapter 10 . 12/17/2010
What a lovely piece! The blessings were a beautiful homage to the Fellowship, and I loved how you gave the maidens personalities and spirits of their own. The Prologue and Epilogue were well-done, too, and your language is simply exquisite. You clearly deserve the award )
Ealcynn chapter 10 . 4/17/2010
Fantastic. A beautiful,insightful and original viewpoint on the Fellowship. Lovely to read, I liked the way you linked the maiden's names with each Fellowship member too. Very well crafted.
Madam'zelleG chapter 10 . 4/3/2010
This was beautiful! I loved it!
Emily chapter 10 . 3/2/2010
What a lovely story. I figured out that the initials of the elves and the initials of the member of the Fellowship they sewed for were the same; how cool! And, just think: if Gandalf had come to Lothlorien at the same time as everyone else and Galadriel made his cloak, the initials thing would have been continued! : )

I don't know what the last paragraph was about, since Galadriel didn't even have a chance to see anything before she turned away, but perhaps it had something to do with Gandalf? Go figure...