Reviews for Kennedy the Vampire Slayer Season One
Saul Good chapter 7 . 6/14/2014
Your twist on how Ken and Notty see Buffy is interesting as all hell. This sets up sooo many potential plot threads. Great work on utilizing minor characters and integrating them in a mostly realistic manner.

I am eager to read more
Rain Addict CM chapter 6 . 4/13/2014
Interesting story so far. Super sad Faiths dead though. Anya and her not telling people information. Tsk tsk. Not gonna lie, I wish Rue was a little bit gay...
Sailor Pandabear chapter 6 . 2/24/2014
cool
Saul Good chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
Okay so far so good. Dialogue reads naturally, characterizations are on point (bratty ken 4 lyfe) and the set up is well written. id also like to congratulate you on using a character that's generally used as a punching bag in the fanfic community as your main. frankly, its just nice seeing Kennedy used respectfully for a change. great work looking forward to the rest of the story
Drenn chapter 5 . 1/8/2012
Well, I have to say that was one of the more interesting stories I've read in this site. You smoothly incorporate canon events into your storyline, and create logical character changes based on how they migt have reacted in given events. I love how you've got characters that were deemed bad in the original storyline now working for Good, or at very least Chaotic Neutral. I'm intrigued by the Tara, and possibly Tara/Kennedy element that you've developed. Since Veruca is clearly not running wild that limits the chance of an Oz and Willow break up. Though I love Kennedy/Willow I am curious what you will do with this storyline. Also, I feel like you've laid enough seeds to start the appearance of Buffy as a rival or foil Slayer.

I look forward to an update (soon?)!
Jeremy Shane chapter 5 . 8/15/2011
Good Chapter & More Please
blue talith chapter 4 . 1/31/2011
And that was a nice Halloween escapade!
blue talith chapter 2 . 1/28/2011
Such an interesting team she's put together!
blue talith chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
SO FAR, SO VERY GOOD.
blue talith chapter 3 . 6/3/2009
Here I was, looking forward to finding out more about Kennedy the Vampire Slayer. Then, the author had to abandon any continuation of this story.

And I was looking forward to Kennedy's relationships with her "team."

If there was only a chance that the author could come back and finish the story!
NotAnIdiot chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Damn, I thought I already reviewed this, but it's gone?

I actually created an account to review this story. Did I say that before? I was always a lurker on this site before.

I think I already said I like it. Now I should sum up why! :)

I like how long the chapters are, and how each chapter is an alternate version to an episode from the original series. Are you going to have this one go 22 chapters just like cannon had 22 episodes in the season? I hope you'll finish this! I've seen fanfics go 22 chapters, and overall, they were shorter than your first chapter all by itself!

You are not afraid to take this alternate universe in a completely different direction from cannon. Other AU writers that add characters that were not there in the original cannon, they still seem to follow the same storyline, with almost trivial stupid changes, to the point where I wonder "why did they bother." You're bothering. THat's a GOOD thing. Rock on.

Aside from the major point to your story... "Kennedy's a Slayer 3 years early, and she's in Sunnydale"... Other major changes I've counted up so far:

1. Faith dead even before the story starts. At least I think it had to be Faith, in order to call Kennedy. You didn't say which one died in the summary. Joss said the Slayer line passes through Faith, and Buffy's death won't call a new Slayer. If it was Buffy who really died, I guess that explains why you have Kennedy fighting all these little bads instead of Buffy? But I am so looking forward to Kennedy meeting Buffy, and the inevitable clash. Whoever you killed off, it has to be setup for some major difference from the "This Years Girl" episode later on.

2. Doyle visited Sunnydale, and will probably be back. Is this a leadup to save Doyle from his cannon fate? If you do, this means Cordy never gets her visions, and no need for her to become half-demon and the mother of Jasmine!

3. Sunday and her minions dead before Buffy was even aware of them. Could be major, it was Buffy's defeating Sunday that got her "back in the game" so to speak for 4th season.

4. Veruca now locked in a cage during the full moon. If she doesn't revert to her old habits, this means she won't be the catalyst that breaks up Oz and Willow.

5. Buffy's roommate killed by someone else. As usual in Sunnydale, no evidence left behind when a demon or vamp is killed. If I remember cannon timeline, you had Kennedy off her before Buffy even suspected she was a demon. Is Buffy now out trying to find out what happened to her missing roommate? Is this how Buffy and Kennedy will find each other?

6. Andrew and Warren, two members of the Nerd Trio apparently now on the side of Good. Where is Jonathon?

7. Anya two-timing Xander with Warren! Or did she get with Warren before Anya went back to visit Xander and seduce him "way more romanticly than faith"? Is this a build-up to a love-triangle between Anya, Xander, and Warren?

8. Harmony and Spike dusted! Was Buffy even aware they were back in Sunnydale? You're taking all of Buffy's big dramatic battles away from her!

9. The Amara gem not destroyed? Angel destroyed it in cannon, but now will some other vamp eventually get it and be a threat?

10. Riley now wondering about a different Slayer long before he knew Buffy was a Slayer.

11. Tara is attracted to Kennedy. I think I see a K/T ship coming. :) I guess it makes sense if Willow and Oz never break up.

So, 11 major changes, Did I miss any? And the really best part of it, all but one logically developped from the first change. Some AU-writers make it REALLY alternate, and they just throw a bunch of random changes in, I guess in an attempt to make it "just so" so the plot will work out how they want it to. Sometimes it works, but usually I'm just going "WTF".

I do have one little beef, though. Your perfect streak of logical AU changes was broken when you added Doyle, without an apparent direct cause that logically followed from Faith's death. I can't see how Faith (or Buffy for that matter) dying would make him come to Sunnydale, because in cannon, Buffy was able to take care of Sunday and her vamps without needing Doyle's help. If having Kennedy kill Sunday & Kathy was intended to affect Buffy's early college Slaying, you probably could have worked that in without Doyle, but you brought him anyway.

Other than that... MORE. Keep going! This story needs 22 nice long chapters (making it one of the longest fanfics I've ever seen, if you keep it up!) and a sequel when Glory comes around!

Now just waiting for Buffy and Kennedy to meet... OMG, are you going to have them get to know each other in Walsh's class and they don't know the other one's a slayer? OMG that would be so funny!
spashley20 chapter 3 . 9/7/2008
“I'm Anya. I don't want to have sex with you.” lmao. i love anya. you write her perfectly too. in fact, you write all the characters amazingly. i swear every chapter could just be an episode. it's cool how more and more characters are incorparated.

i loved the spike death scene. pretty fantastic lol not gonna lie.

hope you update soon :)
spashley20 chapter 2 . 8/12/2008
hm. this is interesting. the under-the-radar characters being the central storyline. i like it. i love the way you write kennedy. the lesbian related jokes all made me crack up.

i wonder who kennedy is gonna be with. sounds to me like she described willow. personally, i hope it's willow, lol.

update soon :)