Reviews for Counterbalance
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
Characterizaiton deeply and accurately done, Marshall's inner pain and self-chastising well documented and revealed.

Excellent ficlet.
ladybrin chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
you wrote an excellent fic about this really good episode- thanks for writing
WriterJC chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Very nice work. I really enjoyed this - you've captured the character relationships quite nicely. :)
Mrs. Dom Masbolle chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
i love the almost possessive-ness that marshall shows in this fic. it's sweet.
Lady Sidereal chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Awee! I love Marshall! This was sweet, and pretty accurate!
notmagnificent chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
o.o

Now why on earth would anybody be scared to post a masterpiece like this?

This is literally one of the best fics I've ever read.
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
Excellent character study of Marshall.

Just wonderful.
Lora Perry chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
haha. So i read this and I was like this is good. *click* *go back to main page* and then i was like, no! this is good! so I came back to review. :)

I loved this. I almost felt the same coil of despair and fear when you described it. And your last line was just pure and unsullied beauty. I really look forward to more of works.
Citiesofcolor chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Wow, just wow. Great, no mistakes that I could find. There are very few stories in fanfiction that acheive perfection, and I think this could very well be one of those.
SaraSGrissom chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
good job. nice insight in to his mind and their relationship.
MadeOfStars chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Great story. The pace and language were beautiful. Very touching...
Bee03 chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Funny story. True story, actually. So, I was checking out your lj and I saw you mention the Marshall!love bunny Charlie was hit with. I felt the need to check out the IPS stuff here. I was reading the summaries and I clicked the one that sounded interesting. Then I start reading and the first thing I recognize is your italicized author's note and I'm like 'hey, Effie does that!' I look up and sure enough - it's you! Hehehe.

On to the actual review...

This was so excellent. Talk about digging into Marshall's psyche and coming out with a winner!

"Because as much as his job in life is to protect complete strangers, its importance has just been surpassed by the need to protect her." Talk about a FLAIL line! I hit the floor with that one. It just makes me love you even more. You take that one little thread and turn it into a whole comfy sweater that I love to wear and snuggle.

This one's name is George.

Also - ironic, just saw a preview of next Sunday's episode. Thought I'd mention it. : )

Mwah!
bk-1205 chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
You have nothing to worry about. The story was really good. I love the friendship between Mary and Marshall. This was a good reflection of that.
potterfan2006 chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
I tip my hat to you...this was a super add on to sundays episode of in Plain Site...you captured Mary's and Marsall's Friend/Partnership very well...Great first peace...keep on going
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
Wee! I've only seen one whole episode, but this one (last week's) I actually meant to watch. Somehow, the TV was confisgated by the significant other. Yeah, I should have fought harder, but I didn't feel like going in the other room to watch it. But I'd wondered how Mary's abduction would effect Marshal. And as always, you captured the probablility with all the beauty and flow of your writing.

And interestingly, this sounds a lot like something that could have/should have happened with Eames and Goren from "Blindspot." Still aggrivated by that one. Arg.

Anywho, great job on this babe!