Reviews for Truths Universally Acknowledged
KEMLEM81 chapter 8 . 9/23
This has to be one of the most brilliant fics I've read. The way you weaved the literary references convinces me of your intelligence and the witty interactions are so spot on. Absolutely loved every word. Thank you for writing and sharing :)
mac-reye chapter 8 . 1/28
oh my gosh this is so freaking perfect! sorry for not commenting throughout but i couldn't stop reading! love it! please write more lit fics :)
I found it. This is it. The best Gilmore Girls fanfiction ever. This could have been written by Amy or Daniel Palladino themselves it's so well done. The characters are so on point, so themselves, it was as if I were watching a long lost episode. And reading Rory's thoughts on how she was treating Dean, and interacting with Jess was amazing. All the 'I'm going to convince myself this' and 'I'm going to plan to do this so I don't come across as that' was just so real, so her. You could see the conflict with herself right there and it was much easier to understand and divulge from than it ever was onscreen. We only ever saw what she did and told everyone, not what she thought or why she behaved the way she did.
The dialogue really was very Gilmore Girls, very Palladino, very original. The ideas about the characters and THEIR ideas, and the ideas about Austen's works were very well presented and although the Jane Austen Festival was pretty corny (but hey! Taylor sure knows how to convince 'em!), literature was always a huge part of Jess and Rory's relationship; from HOWL, to Jess' own novel, and Austen was an interesting way to bring them together (with Paris).
I could go on about this forever, but just know that this is a wonderful piece of fan creation, and I will enjoy reading this again someday soon, and then again soon after that, and after that, and after that.
CR chapter 8 . 7/23/2014
Very, very good. Ending it on 'here we go' is quite poignant. I think the characters were written very well and it was a fun idea. I really enjoyed the dialogue of the first few chapters. :D
Crara chapter 2 . 7/21/2014
I don't usually comment on stories that have been written so long ago, since I assume the authors have long since departed . Nonetheless, I am enjoying this piece so much that I had to comment, just in case you happen to check updates. I am highly impressed by this! Its funny, showing off vintage Gilmore wit and- although my knowledge of Austen is shocking; virtually non-existent in fact- I am seriously enjoying their discussions. I've even unearthed my dusty collection of Austen to give them another go (I AM more of a Bronte fan and always though Austen was a tad dull but I'll try them again after this inspiration!) I'll give a proper review at the end of the last chapter of course, but I have to say the characters lines are written PERFECTLY! This is exactly how I imagine Jess and Rory's interactions. I'm looking forward to reading the rest tomorrow :)
LadySlytherinII chapter 8 . 6/23/2014
This is really good! I've wanted to see more scenes with Rory, Paris, and Jess hanging out, and you did this really well. I was especially impressed with how well you wrote Paris.
Naruto-junky chapter 8 . 9/18/2013
This is the kinda of story about Rory and Jess I love. It's the one thing they both share with so much enthusiasm even if it's in different ways.
12cubed chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
P.E.E.V.S.Y chapter 8 . 3/10/2012
This was amazing. I loved Paris and Rory and Jess and the festival and it was all just fantastic. Great job!
Mauli chapter 8 . 12/30/2011
I love how you gave them all different opinions on these great was truly brilliant. And this, would've been THE perfect episode.

Thanks for writing
litme chapter 8 . 12/22/2011
Love it :) Different and well written, and well surprisingly I want to read all the Jane Austen books you mentioned :P And a few other books too ;)
Lilo-Lee chapter 8 . 7/11/2010
An honest and intelligently written FF in my opinion.

The never ending references, as well as the deep and thoughtful Austen discussions were just so well done! I loved seeing more of Jess and Paris interact in debating there literature tastes as well as Rory there with the obviousness undertones with her and Jess.

It was brilliant done, thank you so much for sharing!

xoxox B
Kurisuta1 chapter 3 . 4/28/2009
See? This problem with Dean not being able to give her his opinion on things was expressed both with Logan and Jess. Arr, I had an argument about that with someone today. They didn't get it.

Anyway, great story! *continues to read*
Kurisuta1 chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
Aww, Jess wants to write books.

Like that'll ever happen -sarcasm-

Though I did just realize *whispers* Subsect isn't even a word.
Barely chapter 8 . 4/13/2009
So sad it ended. I loved every minute of it!