Reviews for A Guide To Writing Fanfiction
Work Hard and Play Harder chapter 3 . 7/8 chapter? I'm not seeing a next chapter, and I haven't for, let's see, the past seven years. Great story though!
a constellation of tears chapter 3 . 3/27
More people need to see this.
Crazy Shadow Ninja 53 chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
Can you do one chapter about using different points of view i.e. first person narrative, limited third person narrative and so on?
This guide really helps me with my writing. Thank you for posting it. I hope others will read your guide and take your advice; I'm really tired of reading a good story that doesn't make sense because of the author's simple grammar mistakes.
Crimson Gamma chapter 2 . 8/26/2014
Something you might want to add is dialect and use of slang. I gets really annoying to see someone who never grew up in England sound like someone from England. No offense to the U.K., but last time I checked he doesn't talk like Harry Potter.
7701DeathlyHalfBloodPrincess chapter 3 . 3/21/2014
That proved to be helpful. Although, I'd like to point out the mix up between definitely and defiantly. It's a small pet peeve that had formed when I started reading fanfiction,.
One:Definitely and defiantly do not mean the same thing, despite the similar spelling. So basically, it's a honomyn. Two: Definitely means in a clear manner whereas defiantly means "boldly resistant and challenging."

Of course, it could be a spelling mistake and I'll just refer back to the chapter I'm reviewing on.
Whew, thanks for letting me rant. You really have good points that people should take seriously.
fiendishly chapter 3 . 10/13/2013
AndiBeckham12 chapter 3 . 7/10/2013
Sad, just sad... Only one other person (That reviewed) noticed the Monty Python. I am so ashamed of the generation I live in today. ;)
AndiBeckham12 chapter 3 . 7/10/2013
Very helpful, the next time I read a stupid story I'll send them over here. Oh and I loved the Monty Python reference. Huzzah for you! :)
blue-box-quidditch chapter 3 . 7/1/2013
Thank you for doing this, hopefully the masses will take it to heart. Frankly, I'm tired of the poorly worded story descriptions: if you feel the need to notify your readers that the story is your first please do so in the author's note at the bottom of the page where only the people who care will be able to see it.

I also had a couple suggestions regarding how to describe the "there" issue:
-"there" contains here, both words have to do with location: "You left your flip flops over there."
-"their" contains heir, both have to do with ownership and who something belongs to: "Their basketball bounced off the backboard, bounced, then rolled all the way across the street into the Finton's yard."
-"they're" is incredibly simple. As with other contractions, sound it out: "They're coming in fifteen minutes" is correct because "They are coming in fifteen minutes" sounds just the same. On the other hand, "They're dog scampered onto the neighbors lawn" is not correct,and expands into "They are dog scampered onto the neighbors lawn", which is confusing and stupid.

thatonethatsweird chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
Thank u so much for this. Honestly ive learned more about rising action ect. In this one chapter then anywhere else. Ive never understood clomax, thought it was where everything calmed down. But not it makes total sense. Ive wanted to write a book for as long as ican remember, but need lots of help which is why i joined this site. So thank u for this!
bellaqueenofthecourt chapter 2 . 4/18/2013
That ellipses thing! People don't know that there's only three and they don't remember to put a period after them, if it's nessacary! Even if you have those you need to end a sentance with puncuation!
MoonlitSorrows chapter 3 . 1/1/2013
Oh my goodness! Thank you for writing this. There are TONS of people who need to use this as reference. It has also encouraged me to write. I have so much trouble with run ons its annoying. Thank you for this.
andyhurley chapter 3 . 8/14/2012
Just one thing: I'm on the Cheezburger network just about a minute ago. I say minute because I can't be scrolling through images of poor imagination while I type this.
andyhurley chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
I have an account, as you obviously know, but I'm using an iPad, which means I won't be writing anything anytime soon.
Sarcasm Neko Girl chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Thanks so much! This guide really helped me write my fanfic. I will strive for a plot!