Reviews for Follow The Leader
a person 56 chapter 24 . 10/2
AMAZING finally found you again after so long and finally had the courage to read follow the leader and may I say this is an amazing price of work and I absolutely love it wanted to cry at some price and bash someone's head in but I absolutely love it

Side note over here don't you think you will never own Kiba because you keep shooting and killing him ;) jk
Li chapter 24 . 8/2
DX no Kiba!
Animewolf19875 chapter 12 . 6/16
XD poor Genma! XD I mean he is a MEGA pervert but still
Animewolf19875 chapter 6 . 6/4
Naruto got some issues...
Animewolf19875 chapter 1 . 6/3
What? What? I... What? Uhhhhh...
Ryumusu chapter 24 . 4/25
This fic was kinda tragic.. But not as interesting as the first two of this series.. I think this is due to, as Sai had said, self-pity doesn't suit Naruto.. In the beginning it was kinda okay.. But then, espescially, after Sasuke gets kidnapped.. The main & important thing to do was find and save him.. But there was no effert done by anyone (Naruto, his friends, CSIS, watev) and there are other things that felt off but I'm kinda lazy to write so... Yeah, this one wasn't as interesting as its siblings.. :3
kroscetish chapter 23 . 2/10
awww...I really wanted Sasuke dead here. Hahaha But I knew he was gonna be alive. Also, I really hope to read Kakashi's reaction of Sasuke's "death". Hehe. Thanks for the good read. This trilogy.
kroscetish chapter 21 . 2/10
haha for a moment here I really wanted Sasuke to die and Naruto to suffer. Oh dear I love Naruto but Naruto isn't doing anything or plan something to take Sasuke back, he's always crying and stuff his self with self-pity. oh dude, that's not gonna bring back Sasuke. Hahaha, I'm getting weirder right now.
kroscetish chapter 6 . 2/10
Why does it feel like the Naruto here is always the damsel in distress? Am I the only one? And Sasuke is the jealous and inconsiderate partner... I'm not sure if that's the word, but somehow it kinda fits my feelings haha. I'm not sure but it felt like Naruto is not trying harder to understand Sasuke. Even the people around him. It's always like "It's just jealousy, wake 're so annoying" and blah blah blah. It's kind of annoying sometimes. I tried to understand Naruto and also his friends but a little part of me is pissed of at their attitude. Does anyone ever try to understand Sasuke's part? But well, even Sasuke's thoughts was always about Naruto. I understand him thoughBut anyway, I need to continue reading. I just need to release some of the annoying thoughts as of the moments hehe. Weird meI know haha.
Avyy chapter 24 . 12/10/2016
I am so happy with the way this ended amazing story :)
Guest chapter 24 . 11/5/2016
This Naruto is what we would call a "Pity Sue." It's a type of Mary Sue where the author is self-inserting, not into a perfect character, but into a tragic one. Like a typical Mary Sue, Naruto is the center of attention in the fic. Everyone loves him and bends over backward for him. Only in this case, they're not bending over for him because he's so perfect, they're bending over for him because he's so tragic. With a Mary Sue, no one can be more special than her. With a Pity Sue, no one can be more tragic than her. You can see examples of this all over the fic: Sasuke got kidnapped, yet everyone felt sorry for Naruto, not Sasuke the actual victim.

The fic continually found ways to present Naruto as the biggest victim, even when other people technically had worse things happen to them: Sasuke got kidnapped, Kiba got shot and almost died, and so on. That's part of what makes Naruto a Pity Sue, because the fic absolutely can't have anyone be more pitied than him. And to twist the knife even more, while all the other characters are stoic and reserved about their own tragedies, Naruto's grief is always portrayed in the most excessive, extravagant ways, just to make sure we pitied him the most. Just how many times did Naruto break down in this fic? I completely lost count.

On top of this, everyone in the story automatically caters to Naruto's emotional needs at the expense of their own. Whenever Naruto was upset and brokenhearted, the entire cast immediately rallied behind him, despite the fact that they all had their own shit going on. Because of course Naruto's shit was automatically more important than any of theirs. Nothing was ever Naruto's fault. They were only allowed to feel sorry for him, never to blame him or criticize him for anything. Because of course Naruto is too good and too perfect to have handled anything badly or needlessly put his friends in danger.

When Neji rightfully got mad about what happened to Hinata, everyone in the fic treated him like he was an asshole for putting his own relative above Naruto. (How dare he? No one is more special than Naruto!) Instead of worrying about himself while he was kidnapped, Sasuke berated himself for not protecting Naruto better. Not even Sasuke, the secondary lead, was allowed the dignity of being allowed to worry about himself a little. Even more incredible, you'd originally planned to kill him off, yet the story did little to make us feel sorry for him. No, from beginning to end, it was Naruto, Naruto, Naruto we were supposed to cry over. When it looked like Sasuke was dead, it was still Naruto we were supposed to cry over, not the actual murder victim.

And in typical Mary Sue fashion, Naruto was rather useless in this fic. He cried and he whined, but he did very little. The plot was all about other people running around getting shit done, not Naruto. Thanks to his narrative privilege, he didn't have to do much at all. Other characters figured out how to save Kiba and Sasuke for him. Naruto barely participated in saving them. For a normal main character, it would have been his job to save them. But Naruto is not a normal character. He's a self-insert, which means his main job as a Pity Sue is just to be pathetic and make us feel sorry for him. That's it. He's not an actor. He's a prop in the story designed to gratify readers' egos.
1,899 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »