Reviews for Motel Rooms I Have Known
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
That was wonderful. Nice little snippets of their life. Together. :)
bhoney chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
Wow, I LOVED this! I always love the vignette stories, and you do them SO well.

I loved the birthday one, with Sam's implicit promise to be around next year for Dean's birthday. Loved the prank war, and the little mini-vacation. It was so nice to see the boys relaxing and having fun for a change.

Loved Sam's determination to keep Dean in the room and safe, in the wraith one, and his belief that Dean wouldn't hurt him. I especially loved this line: “Because I love you, jerk. And you love me, and that’s stronger than this…thing’s power, all right?”

And the last one was SO good. I especially loved this line: "I’ll see this through to the end with you, and even then, I’m not leaving you, just this life." And this one: “I’m not running away from home again, man." LOVE the theme throughout that they are home for each other, and it was especially sweet and touching to see Dean realize that he meant that to Sam, too.

And I liked how you tied in the unique decor of each hotel room to what they were experiencing there. Lovely, just lovely! Thanks for sharing! I'm adding this as a fave.
carocali chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
What a cool way to see little glimpses of their lives - through the hotels! Great vignettes of conversations, hunts and moments that we've lost along the way.

LOVED the prank one, but each had its own special theme.

Really nice collection! Thanks for sharing!

:D
Ciya chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
New room, new adventure - neat.

Stayed by myself in a motel room for the first time in my life. And the only thing I could think of, besides being amazed about the previous sentence, was 'what would the Winchesters think of this room?'. Man I'm wierd.
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
I loved these little vignettes - each relaying a small event in the boys' lives. They were all touching and very true, I think, to how the guys must live day to day.

It's hard to choose, but I think my personal favorite was New York, NY with the wraith calling to Dean and Sam doing whatever he had to do to keep Dean in the room, while hoping that his brother was still there - deep inside the person threatening him.

Thanks for another great story. Already looking forward to the next. Until next time...
lili20 chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
It's true, no matter how many motel rooms the boys had been in, home is wherever they are together. Thanks for another great story.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
Awesome Katalin. Loved all the different little scenes, from Dean's birthday, injured Sam, the prank war, Dean injured during a werewolf hunt, being compelled to come to a wraith, fighting his brother and spitting spiteful words and finally just needing some air from the disgusting motel room!

During it all though, through the different states, seedy and psychedlic motel rooms you get that home for them is being with each other, that they can take anything life can throw at them so long as they are together! And Sam's words that he would never be leaving Dean even if he left hunting, and Dean trying to avert the chick flick moment with “Don’t be such a little brother, Sammy." and failing as Sam says he loves him too!

You totally captured the essence that is the Winchesters!
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
That was nicely done. I really do think that for the boys, home is wherever they both are (and the Impala of course).

I smiled at some of the banter, especially when they were indulging in the pranks again, but it was also heartbreaking when Dean was controlled by the wraith. I loved Sam's complete faith that he wouldn't hurt him though.

And I agree completely that Sam only ever wanted to leave hunting behind, not his brother. I always hated that line when he told Dean he'd have to let him go, as it felt out of character to me. And that showed itself much more clearly in S2 & S3, IMO. I think whatever life they lived they would always need each other.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Lots of different emotions for the reader to experience while reading your story.

Thanks for sharing another story with us.

Take care.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Imaginative and well-written little snippets about Sam and Dean's life together on the hunting trip, how a room is just a room without family to share it with and how "home" can mean anything or rather anyone.

The situations you put the two brothers in were great - I liked the Wraith one in particular (it was so much about the unconditional trust into each other), with the final one a close second (because I'd so love to see Sam and Sarah together in the end).
TraSan chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Some very lovely h/c and angst to make my evening. Thank you for the four small stories in one. It was an awesome treat!

And as always, done so perfectly.
Smarley chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
I liked the tidbit with Possessed Dean. WE've seen tons of possessed Sam but I would love to see a story with possessed dean. I would write it but I wouldn't do it justice haha.

Great job!
Orange Autumn chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Very good. I always enjoy the way you write Sam and Dean. It doesn't really matter what they're doing in the story for me, lol, I just love to read into their interactions; the way you have them converse/or not converse with one another. Thanks for sharing your work!
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
AW hun

so beautiful and descriptive, i LOVED IT!

x
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
I liked the black carpeted motel room one the best.
48 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »