Reviews for Noise
SomeRandomSorcerer chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
...You made me open up to Pokey. I doubt you realize the enormity of that feat.
I would go on for pages about how beautiful and haunting this is, but 12 people already have (and more eloquently than I ever could, I might add), so I'll refrain from repeating them. Considering this was written approximately five years ago, I doubt you will ever see this, but you have my respect. :)
The Spiked Dragon chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
You should really continue this story by telling the rest of it in Pokey's view from how he became an important member in the Happy Happy Village to Fourside to the confrontation of Gigyas :)
The Exile chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
Interesting fic. I like the subtle way that Giygas enters Pokey's subsconscious more and more.
limepickles chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
This is just heartbreaking. I've always pictured Porky and Ness to be pretty much exactly like this (to the point where it almost feels like you're reading my mind, making it doubly spooky) - Ness honestly doing his best to be a good friend, and Porky just throwing it away... but sadly, not for unimaginable reasons. It's not paranoia when they really ARE all out to get you, after all. Having the exact same thoughts as Giygas running through his mind was perfectly fitting, and scary.

I cannot comprehend the form of this story's awesomeness.
some random reviewer chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Yes, what an all-mighy idiot indeed... way to throw away your best friend.

sometimes the abuse scenes are a little sketchy, but then again, Pokey's consciousness is as well.

The little blurbs of Pokey's life and Giygas' influence make his plight more understandible. Good job in your interperitations of the characters (though I only saw Ness as being supremely popular with kids younger than himself and adults, personally)

Ah, Go for your dreams, Pokey! (While simultaneously ruining oodles of lives.)
Nanimonaimono chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Wow, this is... amazing. Every single detail in the narration was extremely well done, to the point I feel that it tells more like it than it would if it were narrated in first person.

This is a very powerful story, for sure. It sheds a lot of light into Pokey's future behaviour, and understand him is... well, kind of scary, in a way, but also wonderful.

My favourite scene was, by far, when Pokey ran out of the classroom because he thought he was being laughed at. And the way you only explained at the end of the scene that there was no laughter at all... it made me cringe, but it was brilliant.

Fav'ed for all its worth. I could go on and on, but hell, I'd have to re-read more calmly to stop being so speechless (mmhm, this is my speechless mode, maybe too verbose for speechless).

Great job, and I'd love to see more!
DeviBa chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
I loved this! \./ You made Pokey so real! I loved looking into the mind of this psychotic kid & hunger for more! It was cute, funny, dramatic, charming, sad, it was wonderdul!

I like Pokey & NEss now all the more.. *squee*
PSI-Astro chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
That was a great story, it really puts some perspective behind Pokey. :D
Sailor Saru chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
This was amazing!

I think you had Pokey and Ness's characterization down perfectly. I loved reading this and I want more! Maybe a continuation into Pokey's twisted and obsessive mind in Mother 3?
MellowMarshmallow chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Its weird to think of Pokey as anything other than an irritation, and a boy who got drunk on power and descended into madness. Obnoxious and arrogant.

So its weird to see a backstory, especially one that sheds light on just how he came to go insane, and how his own mind was his enemy for the longest time. Its strange, but certainly not unwelcome.

You again show your wondrous descriptive style and shed light on the very beginning of EarthBound, and a character that people are slowly opening up to, as time passes and more play the game.

Awesome work again, sir.
Leirin chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Wow, that was very good! It was well-written with good humor written on the sidelines, but it was also kind of sad. The kind of words you used to describe Pokey's pain and rage is actually much like what I think to myself after getting scolded sometimes! XD In that sense, it is very realistic...
Chocolatheque chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
Wow, this was INCREDIBLY good. I can't believe it doesn't have more reviews. Everything perfectly explained how Porky is, and really makes me feel a lot of sympathy for him! Glad I'm not the only one who envisioned his dad as an abusive drunk... must mean it's meant to be. xD Your writing style is really good, too. Great work!
KaziRede chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
That was very powerful. You just had to feel sorry for Pokey at some parts.