Reviews for Hackamore 05 : Pride and Prejudice
texas2step chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
First of all let me appologise for being so late with this review. Once school started I got very behind on reading and sending feedback. It takes me almost the first six weeks to get my classes settled and my tutoring sessions in order. It's done and now I have time to do what I love the most and that is reading fanfiction.

I loved this story. It was so very true to life. You wrote this so well that it was easy to picture it in my mind. I love the two ladies talking about the boys and giving their opinions. I especially loved reading Senora Bocanegra's thoughts on Scott and Johnny. It was such a rough start for this family when they first came together and you conveyed that very well. I can't wait to read the next story you wrote in this series. How nice it is to read from different perspectives from other characters. Great Job! Thanks for sharing with us and for the time you spent on it.

JML chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Nicely observed from the point of view of the women, some in awe and perhaps a little fear of what their nino has become, others sure that the son part will win over the bandito part and make him want to stay.

Too bad Maria Luisa and her husband didn't have a 'tomorrow'.
kittytrypsin chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Poor Maria Luisa and her Gasper were to become perhaps a pivotal part in persuading Johnny Madrid to fight on the side of family and the good guys if the expression of sorrow on his face at their home was any indication.

Wonderful observation of those first awkward moments as the 'family' tried to get to know each other over a meal.

And I DO love Johnny's brilliant smile:D
Cadillac Red chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
This was wonderful (and combined two of my favorite things of all time, Lancer and anything by Jane Austen!) The characterizations are intriguing. I do hope there'll be a story in the future about how and when Scott learned he was actually talking to one of the gunfighters he'd read about, who just happened to be his brother. But in the meantime, this was a very satisfying read, full of wonderful phrases and character interaction.