Reviews for Carter's Tribe
Jennaya chapter 1 . 6/5/2016
This is still my favourite Carter storey.
Guest chapter 6 . 10/21/2013
The German names for LeBeau and Durand made me giggle a bit- Klein and Neuhaus.
But as a note it is "Alles ist in Ordnung"
Seth 8627 chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
I like your take on the MASH episode just as much as the original. Meaning I love it. Has the Hogan's charm and Hawkeye's humor, I can see a small link in characters between the shows I never noticed before, Hogan and Newkirk treat Carter a bit like how Hawkeye and BJ treat Winchester at times.
konarciq chapter 13 . 5/2/2009
I really enjoyed reading this STORY, but I must say I regularly found especially Carter acting rather out of character.

Dont get me wrong: I dont agree with the fanfic- and episode-authors that portray him as incredibly naive and stupid! A little naive, yes, but smart in an inventive and creative way, as well as good-natured and loyal to the bone.

I can see him take charge of that new barracks and take care of his new command in the best way he can, but I think hed be more awkward about it (a bit like in your other story). I can see him set up his own "sabotage" unit now that hes no longer on Hogans team. But the way he handled Klink was not Carter, even though he may have learned from the best. Nor can I see him leave Hogans team the way you had him do. Loyal Carter may have been angry, may have been fed up with it, but I think one outstretched hand from his friends would have made him forgive them and change his mind about leaving. I just cant see Carter holding a grudge like that.

And yes, those bugs were totally uncalled for...

Still, I loved the way he and his team sabotaged these labs, and managed to rescue Hogan and his men! Especially his way of sabotaging: it may not have been thought through properly, but itd make a nice change from the usual dynamite! And I loved the way he treated his "tribe": that was a mixture of Hoganesque authority and Carteresque friendship!

One last little private request: couldnt you have extended the story for one more day, so that you could include something special for Langenscheidts birthday? Im sure they couldve come up with something interesting, now that they knew!
RSpen chapter 13 . 9/10/2008
I enjoyed the story immensely. Most stories have Carter acting like a clown to be the comic relief because he did that in cannon, but this shows the other side of Carter. For example when he was pretending to be a General and pulling it off well ect. This showed the other side that is obviously Carter too.

The only thing that needed to be addressed was when the men called Carter – Sir. If you call a non-commissioned officer (NCO) Sir, the first thing they’re going to do is tell you. “I’m not a Sir – I work for a living.” Meaning I’m not an officer, I’m a NCO. It’s automatic in the US Army and has been from the beginning. Trust me, I’ve told enough people myself. I see that a lot in HH fan fiction, not sure why though. Maybe not enough of us NCO’s around.
El Gringo Loco chapter 13 . 9/9/2008
All's well that ends well they say. Overall it's been an excellent story. Thank you for sharing it with us.
L J Groundwater chapter 12 . 9/5/2008
“Carter, come home,” he invited, softly.

“That an order, Sir?” asked Carter.

Hogan shook his head. “A request.”

“Because we rescued you guys?”

“No. Because this is where you belong.”

This was the best part of the chapter. Hogan was being sincere and gentle with his man, and Carter has to have been moved by that.

Well done.
penName111 chapter 11 . 9/1/2008
Love it Carter came though YAY!
El Gringo Loco chapter 11 . 9/1/2008
Cartr the crafty meets Hogan the hapless, leaving Hochstetter in a hopeless situatiuon. Makes for a really good story. I look forward to reading more.
L J Groundwater chapter 11 . 9/1/2008
I'm pleased Carter et al were able to help!

I'm still personally having a hard time with this though- Carter's so decisive and in charge and knowledgeable of everything, when in the show he wasn't like that, not even in the beginning, and not later on just because the fellas rode him. If he was so good he'd have showed it more often instead of letting them ride him.

Still, the writing is good and the story has pace and that's a LOT more than you can say of some of the stuff that goes against the grain, and for that you have to have kudos!
El Gringo Loco chapter 9 . 8/27/2008
An interesting and set of reactions as Carter once again proves his worth. Hochstetter wants Carter to work for him? Raises an interesting set of possibilities. Though somehow, I can't see Carter turning traitor and joining the George Washington Brigade of the Waffen SS.

A fine story. I look forward to reading more.
Mother of Ducklings chapter 9 . 8/27/2008
Poor Carter just can't seem to win for losing with Hogan, can he?
El Gringo Loco chapter 8 . 8/26/2008
Loved the way Carter played up to Hochstetter's ego. And of course the way he lapped it up like a starving dog. I look forward to reading more of his antics.
penName111 chapter 8 . 8/25/2008
Love it!
El Gringo Loco chapter 7 . 8/24/2008
Carter's plans appear to be bearing fruit. I look forward to seeing it riped.