Reviews for Gifts
csad21 chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
I really like this story. I want to think this is how it went down, because the alternative is that Jiraiya is selfish, irresponsible, and as much of a deadbeat as Minato (who, whatever he was, certainly was not a good parent). And I've always thought Gama-chan could only have been an anonymous present from Jiraiya.

Of course Sarutobi going to this length to forbid Jiraiya contact is...well. Let's just say I don't feel comfortable with that notion, as much as it would make sense in this context. (Sadly, the more Kishimoto retcons, the more awesome characters like Sarutobi seem like they were at least incompetent, which is an awful notion.)
MarineWolf1994 chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Wondeful, just wonderful.
Hzleys87 chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
I really want to believe that something like this happaned, I was shocked and equally displeased to hear that Jiraiya was Naruto's godfather and wasn't there for him in his younger years.

I prefer this interpretation a lot better.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
very nice
Burning DragonSword chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
It's a pretty good story. good job.
OrangeSpiral chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
i like this story ... u should make a sequal ...:)
Lady Barbossa329 chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Cute story! Sounds like Jiraiya :) He would worry about Naruto. He has a right too. Jiraiya is very protective of Naruto and it shows in the anime, manga, and in your story. Keep up the good work! Awsome story!

~Lady Barbossa329
freakin'applepie chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
I love it! I think the plot is amazing; I've been looking for a story like this! Thanks for the awesome fic! :)
Epidot chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
I this story is both good, and a bit uncomfortable.

I love Jiraya, and to see him in such a way warms my heart. I am also a big Sarutobi fan, so when he forbids Jiraya to see Naruto, I find it a little 'icky'.

Even so, the story is warm and with feelings. Great work.
Bleedndreamz chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
i was looking forward to seeing a story like this but it sucks you skipped nearly every part that Naruto's character could have really showed a development
Bobboky chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
cool
Nabla chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
Heyja,

I often asked myself as well, why the hell Jiraiya didn't help Naruto in the past, especially as his role as godfather.

Your idea in that case and the story resulting out of it are great.

A grandiose idea you had about the origin of "Gama-chan" and the orange jumpsuit, never thought about it that way, but it totally makes sence.

Keep up the good work and publish some more ideas according to some cannon inconsistencies of you. I would like to read those and I am sure others also
S'TarKan chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
Thank you for tying up some of Kishimoto's dangling plot threads! That was a very satisfying read...
emmacat1234 chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
Good story! Just please don't let Jiraiya amke Naruto pervy.