Reviews for Bardic Tale
cordelia-lear chapter 10 . 6/5/2009
Poor John. What that must have been like to wake up to! Awkwaard. Although, it does sound like the Doctor (both of him, lol) is a good kisser.

Oh, Jack :) You do have the best ideas. Fangirl approved;)

Donna needs to pull this chicks hair out. Seriously.
Cat Yuy chapter 10 . 6/5/2009
Wait a second.

Was this the chapter you said I'd inspired a bit of?

Cause the kissing thing sure sounds like something I'd suggest.

PS. I love you.
Tanydwr chapter 9 . 6/2/2009
Wow.

Shakespeare and Doctor Who? It was a brilliant combination in the episode, and it's just as brilliant this time. (And personally, I'm hoping for a meeting with Jane Austen next season!)

The story is incredible, and I'm really ejoying it. Update soon!

Lol, Tanydwr
Kathryn Shadow chapter 9 . 4/4/2009
I was naughty. I did not read this for a long time. -meek look-

But PHWAR. Jack being awesomeness and the Doctor almost pwning him in that respect. Hooray! :D
BarnOwlJareth chapter 9 . 4/4/2009
"He wondered, briefly, why humans had never evolved something so dead useful as a respiratory bypass system."

Well yeah, who doesn't wonder that?

I love how Donna has flung herself totally into the patented Doctor method of figuring things out - namely, just going wherever seems to be the most likely spot to figure out said things, and assuming it'll all make sense once she gets there.

In more Donna-related commenting, I feel all warm and happy inside whenever she acknowledges her own awesomeness, even if it's something as simple as mentioning how she is the Best Damn Temp in London. I still haven't quite gotten over the OMG HATE end of last season where she went back to thinking she was useless, but obviously fanfiction is here to help. ;)
WalkInEternity chapter 9 . 3/27/2009
This story is brilliant! I wish I could go on and explain in specific detail why it is so brilliant, but then I would just be copying the entire story.

I can't wait to find out what happens nexr!
mysterypoet66 chapter 9 . 3/26/2009
I'm utterly delirious with joy. It's brilliant, twisted, dark, and not a little hilarious. I can't wait to see the next chapter. Now if only my tech would begin cooperating again.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 9 . 3/26/2009
Someone knows she's dead and her body just hasn't figured it out yet.

Note to self: No do attempt to shew gum while reading ANY of Jessa's fic, it may attempt to go somewhere it shouldn't.

"The Doctor, for the first time since his regeneration into a babbling loud-mouth with a gob with no off-switch, was struck completely speechless."

*snicker*

Fantastic chapter. Keep writing!
riversrunthroughme chapter 9 . 3/26/2009
Ho'kay, I've been ninja fangirling your work for long enough. This has to stop. It's embarrassing. Really. I've read every one of your stories and not said a damn thing and that's just not done. Seriously, sorry. I'm embarrassed. But back to the point! Loving this story. Loving every inch of it to death because from chapter one to chapter nine it's just dripping Whoverse goodness and amazingly awesome original 'what-ifs' and just generally squee-worthy plotpoints of gold. The first time I read it, my reaction was: "That's EXACTLY what I thought should have happened, goshdarnit! Why didn't they do that?" And then pouted a bit because they didn't but devoured your story anyway. Best alter-ending to Journey’s End, ever. Did I mention I adore it to bits?

First: John Noble. I could punch you I love that alias so much. I can't abide all the post Journey's End fics where they call him John freakin’ Smith just cuz it's there and easy and BORING. No Doctor, not even a duplicate would be that boringly titled, ever! Blah! Plus, you've made this great character that you're just dying to know more about. (I know I am! John Noble fan me) Who/what is John Noble? Seeing how he’s brand new – we really don’t know. What the hell did that Time Storm DO exactly? Just how dangerous is he? And is he going to beat up anyone else? I instantly fell in love with your Noble twin idea and have been drooling on it ever since. You may owe me a new keyboard.

Second: Just written so wonderfully. Really. Yay to creative sentence structure and just plain beautiful respect for the English language as a means of story telling. You've got a really great way of clipping along, never overboard on details, but the ones that do get in there are just lovingly placed and yummy. No complaints, but I'm biased because I love your work so seek critique elsewhere. Sorry.

Lastly: Your plot makes me want to cry it's so clever and funny and exactly Doctor Who style fun. Just the right bit of angst buried in lots of running and jokes and aliens. (Also, naked Jack kissing everyone lulz) I can just scroll away hours lost in it and never stop to wonder if this is all rubbish that will eventually lead me to disappointment. You never do. This last chapter is fantastic as usual. Love it when the Doc pulls his ‘Last of the Time Lords’ card, never fails to get a great reaction…namely running…away from him. Also looking forward to Donna/Shakespeare scheming. So much to anticipate! Never stop. Please never stop.

- rivers
NewDrWhoFan chapter 9 . 3/25/2009
Love it, love it, love it! Enough to type that thrice, one-handed ;)

Can't wait to see Bill, the actor, and the immortal and Time Lord musings were just great :)
SpaceHead3 chapter 9 . 3/25/2009
She was right to run. Good chapter please update soon.
Otter Child chapter 9 . 3/25/2009
Yes yes yes YES! Finally, my friend, you get to the meat of it! Can't wait for more!
Terrifica Oneiroi chapter 9 . 3/25/2009
Ooh, I didn't see that coming! I liked it though. Brilliant, in fact. The one question I have, which I already know can't be answered, is wondering if you gave a little shout out at RoE? Jack and Kasterborous? Maybe he realized he'd been Retconned, and in those few minutes of delirium, etched his location onto his wriststrap. It could be the one clear clue that breaks the Retcon for him, like the knife did for Gwen in "Everything Changes". Eh, now I've got tons of ideas. Shame on you! :D

Can't wait to see where you'll take this! -Terri
cordelia-lear chapter 9 . 3/25/2009
John! Well, at least he's okay.

Good stuff! Glad you've got it back:)
Bittersweet Fable chapter 9 . 3/25/2009
Ah

I wasnt sure I would love this fic (Im not a fan of Donna) but this chapter has proven me wrong

I just LOVE it when the doctor pulls out his 'Im the Doctor' line and the bad guys freak out cos they realise how much trouble they're in

Lots and LOTS of brownie points for you
90 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »